Articles you may like to read
- PCDA Circular on granting Fixed Medical Allowance in the places not covered by CGHS
- Pension Payment Order copy to be given to the Pensioner on the day of retirement
- 7th Pay Commission Pension fixation on the basis of Option 1 recommended by 7th CPC – Representation
- 7th Pay Commission Pension for Pre-2016 Railway Pensioners – Railway Board Orders
Fixed Medical Allowance to Railway Pensioners and Family Pensioners – Enhanced FMA payable with effect from 19th November, 2014
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
New Delhi. dated 19.12.2014
The General Managers/ CAO(R).
All Indian Railways & PUs
(As per standard mailing list)
Subject- Grant of Fixed Medical Allowance (FMA) to the Railway pensioners/family pensioners-regarding.
At present Fixed Medical Allowance is granted to the Railway pensioners/family pensioners residing in areas beyond 2.5 Kms of Railway Hospital/Health Unit for meeting expenditure on their day-to-day medical expenses that do not require hospitalization. Orders were issued Vide Board’s letter of even number dated (RBE No.92/2010) for enhancement of the amount of Fixed Medical from Rs.100/- to Rs.300/-p.m. w.e.f. 01.09.2008.
2. In this connection, Department of Pension Welfare (DoP&PW). the nodal department on the subject, have advised vide their O.M. No. 4/25/2008-P&PW(D), dated 19.11.2014 that the demand for enhancement of Fixed Medical Allowance has been under consideration of the Government for some time past and the amount of Fixed Medical Allowance has been enhanced from Rs.300/- to Rs.500/- per month, subject to the fulfilment of the conditions (i) pensioner should be residing beyond 2.5 kms from the nearest health unit and (ii) the pensioner should not be availing OPD facility (except in case of chronic disease). The other conditions for grant of fixed Medical Allowance shall continue to be as contained in Board’s letter No. PC-V/98/I/7/1/1, dt. 19.05.1999 (RBE No.109/99) read with Board’s instructions dt. 01.03.2004.
3. These orders will take effect from 19th November, 2014 i.e. the date of issue of DOP&PW’S OM on the subject.
4. This issue with the concurrence of the Finance Directorate of the Ministry of Railways
5. Hindi version is enclosed.
Dy.Director, Pay Commission – V