Articles you may like to read
- Washing Expenditure incurred by Civilian Defence Employees for maintaining Protective Cloth Garments
- 7th Pay Commission Overtime Allowance for Railway Employees – NFIR Demand
- Special Allowance to Nurses working in Operation Theaters and ICU
- 7th Pay Commission Non-Practicing Allowance to Doctors – Non-Payment – CPAO instructions
Daily Officiating Allowance – Payment on account of discontinued allowances – Railway Board Circular
Daily Officiating Allowance – Railway Board Instructions – Ministry of Railways Circular dated 05.09.2017
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
PC-VII No. 56
RBE No. 120/2017
New Delhi, dated 05.09.2017
The General Managers and Principal Financial Advisers,
All Indian Railways & Production Units.
Sub: Payment on account of discontinued allowances — Daily Officiating Allowance.
Consequent upon the decision taken by the government on the recommendations of the Seventh Central Pay Commission, the President is pleased to decide that disbursement of all existing allowances which have not been specifically recommended for continuation in terms of the Ministry of Finance’s Resolution dated 6th July, 2017 shall be discontinued from 1st July, 2017. Since, the Daily Officiating Allowance has not been specifically recommended for continuation in the said Resolution dated 6th July, 2017, it ceases to exist with effect from 1st July 2017.
2. It shall be the responsibility of the Heads of the Department to ensure that no bill relating to disbursement in respect of Daily Officiating Allowance is drawn by the Head of Office/Drawing & Disbursing Officers under their purview/jurisdiction. Pay and Accounts Officers shall ensure that no payment is effected if any such bill relating to the disbursement of the discontinued allowance is submitted to them. If such bills are received, they should be returned to the DDO and intimation thereof shall also be given to the Head of the Department and the Chief Controller of Accounts.
3. This issues with the concurrence of the Finance Directorate of the Ministry of Railways.
Please acknowledge receipt.