Articles you may like to read
- 7th Pay Commission Pay Fixation for Employees appointed on Compassionate Grounds
- 7th Pay Commission Pay Fixation to candidates appointed under Compassionate Grounds
- 7th Pay Commission Travelling Allowance – Modification in Air Travel Allowance
- Mutual Transfer in Railways – Instructions of Railway Board
Railway Board Clarification on Compassionate Appointments of widow as trainee:
Railways has permitted for compassionate appointment in certain special cases even when the education qualification of the candidate seeking such appointment is below the the educational qualification required for the post for which the candidate has applied for. In such cases, the the person would be appointed as trainee and once he/see completes the required educational qualification his/her appointment will be regularized.
In this subject, Railway board has issued following clarificatory order for appointment of widow/wife not fulfilling the requirement of prescribed educational qualification as trainee on compassionate grounds. She will be placed in Pay Band-I (Rs. 5200-20,200 + Grade Pay Rs.1800/- directly without insisting on fulfillment of educational qualification norms, provided the appointing authority is satisfied that the duties of the post against which she is being appointed can be performed with help of some on job training.
The full Text of this order is as follows
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA / BHARAT SARKAR
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS / RAIL MANTRALAYA
New Delhi, dated 14.09.2012
The General Manager (P),
All Indian Railways & Production Units etc.
Sub: Appointment of Compassionate grounds – clarifications — regarding.
Attention is invited to this Ministry’s letters No. E(NG)II/2009/RR-1/10/Pt dated 09.12.2010 and No. E(NG)II/2011/RR-1/11/ dated 09.12.2011 (RBE No.166/2011) regarding educational qualification for recruitment in Pay Band-I of Rs. 5,200-20,200 having Grade Pay of Rs.1800/- and No.E(NG)II/2011/RC-1/NE/21 dated 06.02.2012 extending the applicability of (RBE No.166/2011) to widows.
2. In partial supersession of Board letter dated 06.02.2012 quoted in para 1 above, it has now been decided that in case of appointment of a widow/wife not fulfilling the requirement of prescribed educational qualification, she will be placed in Pay Band-I (Rs. 5200-20,200 + Grade Pay Rs.1800/- directly without insisting on fulfillment of educational qualification norms, provided the appointing authority is satisfied that the duties of the post against which she is being appointed can be performed with help of some on job training.
3. In continuation with the above, following points are also clarified:
(i) A person appointed as ‘Trainee’ enjoys the status of a Government servant from initial day and will be allowed all the allowances and benefits allowed to a government servant.
(II) A person appointed as a ‘Trainee’ on compassionate grounds has to acquire minimum educational qualifications in 5 years.
(iii) The probation period of a person appointed as ‘Trainee’ on compassionate ground will begin only from the date he/she acquires minimum educational qualification and such person will be on probation for a period specified in the Recruitment Rules of the post / grade against which he/she is being appointed.
(iv) A ‘Trainee appointed on compassionate ground is entitled to all kinds of leave applicable to a regular Railway servant.
(v) A person appointed as ‘Trainee’ shall be allowed Children Education Allowances per the admissible rates.
(vi) A person appointed as ‘Trainee’ on compassionate ground would not be entitled for Overtime Allowance during the period he/she continue as ‘Trainee’.
(vii) A ‘Trainee’ has the status of Government/Railway Servant from initial day, as such, dependent of a person appointed on compassionate ground as ‘Trainee’ would be eligible for compassionate appointment in the event of his/her death in harness/medical unfitness.
(viii) A ‘Trainee’ appointed on compassionate ground, till he/she acquires minimum educational qualification would be allowed increment at normal rates in the pay scale of -IS.
(ix) A person appointed as Trainee on compassionate ground, is eligible to Medical benefits as available to holder of the post in pre-revised Scale of Rs. 4440-7440 without any Grade Pay.
This issues with the concurrence of Finance Directorate.
Please acknowledge receipt.
Joint Director Estt. (N)II
Source : AIRF & NFIR