Articles you may Like
27th meeting of SCOVA was held on 13.11.2015 and the important decisions taken are listed below
SCOVA meeting was held on 13th November 2015, Honourable Minister of State (PP) & Chairman SCOVA attended. Important decisions in respect of Pre-2006 Pensioners were taken
The 27th meeting of SCOVA was held on 13.11.2015. Honourable Minister of State (PP) & Chairman SCOVA attended. The following important points and decisions emerged in that meeting.
1. 9697 PPOs are still pending to be issued with Revised PPOs for Pre-2006 Pensioners.
- Health Insurance scheme for pensioners in Non-CGHS Areas: Ministry of Health has informed that after consultations with various Ministries and Insurance Companies, a scheme for Health Insurance has been prepared for employees and pensioners. An EFC Memo would be circulated soon.
- CGHS facilities to all P&T Pensioners: It was demanded that since on 22.08.2014 the Supreme Court had finally disposed of the SLP, the OMs of Health Ministry dated 1.8.1996 and 1.9.1996 must be withdrawn and all P&T Pensioners must be allowed into CGHS . Ministry of Health has informed that a proposal for extending the CGHS benefit to all P&T pensioners on par with other Government Pensioners has been sent for approval to Department of Expenditure.
- Extension of benefit of upgraded Grade Pay to Pre-2006 Pensioners of S-12 Grade: Department of Expenditure has informed that the matter is under its consideration and a response would be sent to Ministry of Pension within a week.
- Pension re-fixation to Pre-2006 Pensioners with less than 33 years of service: As the Revision Petition in the Supreme Court filed by the Government had been rejected by the Apex Court on 26.08.2015, the matter is under examination.
- Refixation of pension from 1.1.2006: It is instructed to implement the orders dated 30th July, 2015 before 31.10.2015.
Source : Postal Pensioners