Recommendations of the Sixth Central Pay Commission – Revision of pension of pre-2006 pensioners/family pensioners etc
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pension
(Department of Personal and Pension)
North Block, New Delhi
The Chief Secretary of all State Governments
Subject: Implementation of Government’s decision on the recommendations of the Sixth Central Pay Commission – Revision of pension of pre-2006 pensioners/family pensioners etc.
I am directed to state that in pursuance of Government’s decision on the recommendations of Sixth Pay Commission, sanction of the President was accorded to the regulations w.e.f. from 1/1/2006 and the Department of Pension and Pensioners’ Welfare vide its O.M. No.38/37/08-P&PW(A) dated 1/9/2008 had issued orders for revision of pension/family pension of all the pre-2006 pensioners/family pensioners. The said orders were made applicable to all pre-2006 pensioners/family pensioners of All India Services who were governed by the All India Services (Death Cum Retirement Benefits), Rules, 1958. Clarification on certain provisions were also issued vide their O.M. No. 38/37/08-P&PW(A)(Pt.1) dated 03-10-2008.
2. It may be stated that a large number of representations were received in the Department of Pension and Pensioners’ Welfare in regard to delay payment of revised pension/family pension and arrears to the pre-2006 pensioners/family pensioners. Accordingly, to facilitate early payment of revised pension, family pension, enhanced pension and arrears, the Department of Pension and Pensioners vide its O.M. No. 38/37/08-P&PW(A)(Pt.1) dated 14-10-2008 and O.M. No. 38/37/08-P&PW(A) dated 21-05-2009 have issued guidelines providing the modalities and methodology for release of revised pension, family pension arrears and enhanced pension of pre-2006 pensioners. The cited O.M.s is self explanatory, however the gist of the O.Ms. dated 14-10-2008 and 21-5-2009 are as under:
(i) Disbursement of revised pension/family pension and the arrears in accordance with the ready reckoner and also the additional pension to old pensioners/family pensioners (wherever the date of birth is available in the PPO) within a week
(ii) All the pension disbursing public sector banks were to revise and disburse the enhanced pension (with dearness relief) and arrears within one month from the date of issue of O.M. dated 14-10-2008.
(iii) Suitable entry regarding the revised pension to be recorded by the pension Disbursing Authorities in both halves of the Pension Payment Order and intimate regarding disbursement of revised pension to be sent by the pension disbursing authorities to the Office of the CPAO and Accounts Officer which had issued the PPO in the revised from given at Annexure-III of the said O.M. so that they could verify the pension so revised and update the Pension Payment Order Register, etc.
(iv) In cases where the information in Annexure-III has been received by the Pay and Accounts Officer from the Pension Disbursing Banks etc., he should verify the same and issue a revised authority for payment of pension. In case there is any discrepancy in the revision of pension by the Bank, the bank should be informed by the Pay and Accounts Officer immediately for making necessary adjustment. In cases where the information in Annexure-III has not been received by the Pay and Accounts Officer from the Bank, the Pay and accounts Officer should issue revised authority for payment of pension based on the PPO/available records and send to Bank for making the payment of revised pension accordingly.
(v) It was also provided that in case any information regarding date of birth, scale of pay or the qualifying service, etc was not available with the bank, the bank may obtain the requisite information from the concerned Pay and Accounts Officer/CPAO. It would be the responsibility of the concerned Pay and Accounts Officer/CPAO to provide the information from the available records within two weeks of the receipts of request from the bank.
(vi) Adoption of the methodology/documentation for determination of date of birth for payment of additional pension to old pensioners/family pensioners in cases where the date of birth is not available in the PPO as well as in the office records of CPAO/Pay and Accounts Office.
3. Further, the Department of Pension and Pensioners’ Welfare vide their O.M. No. 38/37/08-P&PW(A) dated 28.1.2013 have also revised the pension, Family, enhanced pension of the pre-2006 pensioners w.e.f. 24-9-2012 with reference to the fitments tables annexed to the Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure O.M. No. 1/1/2008-IC dated 30th August 2008 which is self explanatory. The said O.M. was extended to All India Services pensioners of pre-2006 by this Department vide letter No. 25014/1/2013-AIS-II dated 19.2.2014.
4. Now, it has been brought to the notice of this Department that a large number of cases relating to All India Services pensioners/family pensioners of pre-2006 have not yet been revised/disbursed their pension/family pension by the State and UT Governments and Accounts Generals of the respective States in adherence to O.M. No. 38/37/08-P&PW(A)(Pt. 1) dated 14-10-2008. O.M. No. 38/37/08-P&PW(A) dated 21-05-2009 and O.M. No. 38/37/08-P&PW(A) dated 28.1.2013 issued by the Department of Pension and Pensioners’ Welfare which are also similarly applicable to All India Services pensioner of pre-2006.
5. Therefore, all the Chief Secretaries, Development Commissioners, Advisers to the Administrator and Accountant Generals of State/UT are requested to look into the matter and instruct the concerned authorities of the States/UTs to take appropriate action immediately in implementing the above orders issued by the Department of Pension and Pensioners’ Welfare.
(Diwakar North Misra)
Also Checkout following articles on the same Topic
- Changes in 7th CPC Pension Concordance Table 51 and Table 52
- 7th Pay Commission Pension revision for Retired Medical Officers
- 7th Pay Commission Pension and Arrears for CSIR Pensioners – Orders issued
- 7th Pay Commission Pension for Pre-2016 AIS Pensioners – DOPT Instructions
- 7th Pay Commission Pension Fixation for Pre-2016 Pensioners – CPAO Clarification
- Enrollment in Atal Pension Yojana crosses 62 lakh
- 7th Pay Commission Pension fixation for Puducherry Pensioners and family Pensioners
- 7th Pay Commission Pension revision – Compilation of Orders issued by Govt
Share your thoughts on this topic. Use your facebook login to comment