Articles you may like to read
- Dearness Relief to CPF Beneficiaries who are receipt of pension based on 5th Pay Commission
- Restoration of Full Pension in Respect of Defence Service Personnel
- Dearness Relief from July 2017 for Central Government Pensioners – Department of pension orders
- Changes in 7th CPC Pension Concordance Table 51 and Table 52
Revision of Pro-rata Pension with qualifying service of 10 Years – CPAO received clarification from Department of Pension that OM dated 06.04.2016 for delinking of Qualifying Service from Pension applicable to pre-2006 pensioners completed 10 years of service
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
DEPARTMENT OF EXPENDITURE
CENTRAL PENSION ACCOUNTING OFFICE
TRIKOOT-11, BHIKAJI CAMA PLACE,
CPAO/IT&Tech/Revision (Pre-2006)/2016-17/8 Vol-VI/58
13th June, 2016
Subject:- Revision of pension of pre-2006 pensioners – delinking of revised pension from qualifying service of 33 years.
Taking into consideration DP&PW OM No. 38/37/08-P&PW (A) dated-06.04.2016, instructions were issued for processing of cases of pre-2006 pensioners by delinking of revised pension from qualifying service of 33 years vide this office OM No. CPAO/IT & Tech/ Revision (Pre-2006)/2016-17111 dated-12th April, 2016 and subsequent OM No. CPAO/IT &Tech/Revision (Pre-2006)/2016-17/19 dated-27th April, 2016.
2. In this context, DP&PW has clarified the position vide their ID No.38/6/16-P&PW-(A) dated-13.05.2016 that in accordance with CCS Pension Rules, pension is admissible if the retiring/ absorbed employee has completed a qualifying service of 10 years at the time of retirement/ absorption. Therefore, all those pensioners who were drawing monthly pension after completion of 10 years qualifying service before 01.01.2006 are eligible for benefit in term of OM dated-01.09.2008 and 06.04.2016.
3. These orders are however, not applicable to those absorbee pensioners who had got 100% lump-sum in lieu of their monthly pension on absorption in PSUs etc. during 1973-1995 and are eligible for restoration of only 113rd of their pension in respect of such absorbee pensioners. However, the absorbee pensioners, who are receiving full monthly pension would continue to be covered by the OM dated-01.09.2008 and 06.04.2016 referred to above.
4. Further, all Pr. CCAs/CCAs/ CAs/AGs and Administrators of UTs were advised to verify the list of PPO numbers for revision provided by CPAO in their PAOs login, from their records as to whether these PPO numbers are covered by DP&PW OM dated-06.04.2016. The other cases which were not available in the list provided by CPAO but covered under the OM dated-06.04.2016 were also to be revised. It is to ensure that cases of compulsory retirement pension and compassionate allowance under Rule-40 & 41 of CCS (Pension) Rules, 1972 are not to be revised as they are not covered by the OM dated-06.04.2016.
Sr. Accounts Officer (IT & Tech)