Grant of additional installment of Dearness Relief to Freedom Fighters
Grant of another installment of Dearness Relief to the freedom fighters and their eligible dependents under the Swatantrata Sainik Samman Pension (SSSP) Scheme, 1980, w.e.f. 01.08.2015.
Ministry of Home Affairs has granted one installment of Dearness Relief to the freedom fighters and their eligible dependents under the Swatantrata Sainik Samman Pension (SSSP) Scheme, 1980, w.e.f. 01.08.2015.
Government of India/Bharat Sarkar
Ministry of Home Affairs/Grih Mantralaya
Freedom Fighter & Rehabilitation Division
2nd Floor, NDCC-II building,
Jai Singh Road, New Delhi-110 001
Dated, the 12th August, 2015
The Chief Controller of Accounts,
Ministry of Home Affairs,
New Delhi-110 001.
Sub:- Grant of another installment of Dearness Relief to the freedom fighters and their eligible dependents under the Swatantrata Sainik Samman Pension (SSSP) Scheme, 1980, w.e.f. 01.08.2015.
I am directed to refer to this Ministry’s letter No.08/08/97-FF(P) dated 16/20th August 1997 wherein it was decided that pension be linked with the price index in an appropriate manner.
2. Subsequently, in consultation with the Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure and after taking into consideration the All India Consumer Price Index (AICPI) for Industry Workers(IW) in June 1997 as the base, Dearness Relief @7% of the pension or dependent family pension was sanctioned w.e.f. 1st August 1998 vide Ministry of Home Affairs letter no.08/08/97-FF(P) dated 14th October 1998.
3. With reference to Central Samman Pension, the dearness relief is revised annually in consultation with the Ministry of Finance, With effect from 01.08.2015 the has been enhanced by 20%. The Dearness Relief revised/enhanced from time to time indicated as below:-
(i) @20% w.e.f. 01.08.1999.
(ii) @24% w.e.f. 01.08.2000.
(iii) @28% w.e.f. 01.08.2001.
(iv) @34% w.e.f. 01.08.2002.
(v) @39% w.e.f. 01.08.2003.
(vi) @44% w.e.f. 01.08.2004.
(vii) @50% w.e.f. 15.08.2005.
(viii) @58% w.e.f. 01.08.2006.
(ix) @68% w.e.f. 01.08.2007.
(x) @79% w.e.f. 01.08.2008.
(xi) @96% w.e.f. 01.08.2009.
(xii) @123% w.e.f. 01.08.2010.
(xiii) @143% w.e.f. 01.08.2011.
(xiv) @165% w.e.f. 01.08.2012.
(xv) @193% w.e.f. 01.08.2013.
(xvi) @218% w.e.f. 01.08.2014.
(xvii) @238% w.e.f. 01.08.2015.
4. Dearness Relief payable with effect from 01.08.2015, in terms of these orders, to various categories of the freedom fighters and their eligible dependent under the Swatantrata Saihik Samman Pension (SSSP) Scheme, would be as under:-
Sl.No Category Present rate of basic monthly pension (w.e.f. 02.10.2006)
Dearness Relief @ 238% of the basic monthly pension payable with effect from 01.08.2015
1(a) Ex-Andaman Political prisoners
(b) Freedom fighters who suffered outside British India (other than INA)
2. Other Freedom fighters
3. Widow/Widower of above categories of freedom fighters Entitlement same as of the respective deceased freedom fighter 4. Unmarried/unemployed daughters (Subject to a maximum of three such daughters at a time)
1,500/- each to all the three daughters
3,570/- each to all the three daughters
5. Mother and Father
5. You are therefore requested to issue necessary instructions to all concerned to modify the existing pension payments Orders (PPO) of the freedom fighter pensioners and their eligible dependents in each case so as to effect commencement of payment of Dearness Relief to the extent indicated above. It is to be ensured that revised Dearness Relief is to be paid along with pension for the month of August, 2015, and no arrears payment on account of enhanced Dearness Relief is to be paid subsequently.
6. This issues with the approval of Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure E.V. Branch given vide their ID No.1(7)/E-V/2004 dated 12.08.2015 and concurrence of Integrated Finance Division of Ministry of Home Affairs given vide their C.F.3305704/AS&FA(H) dated 12.08.2015.
7. Hindi version will follow.
Deputy Secretary to the Government of India