Articles you may Like
CENTRAL GOVERNMENT PENSIONERS DEARNESS RELIEF – FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS UPDATED AS ON 04.11.2013 COMPILED AND ISSUED BY DEPARTMENT OF PENSION AND PENSIONERS WELFARE (PENSIONERS PORTAL)
G.17 What is the extent of neutralization of relief granted to pensioners?
100% neutralization of relief is granted to all pensioners at the same rate like serving employees.
G.18 Is the Dearness Relief payable on original basic pension or on reduced pension after commutation?
The Dearness Relief is payable on original basic pension before commutation.
G.19 Is any authorization from PAO/CPAO required for payment of dearness relief on increased rates to pensioners/family pensioners?
No. Whenever any dearness relief on pension/family pension is sanctioned by Government, an intimation to this effect is sent by the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pension (Deptt. of Pension and Pensioners’ Welfare) to the authorised representative of each nominated Public Sector Bank. Each Central Pension Processing Centre will be responsible for ensuring that instructions of the Government have been carried out by the paying branches and payment of additional relief at the revised rates to the pensioners has been commenced by them without any undue delay.
G.20 Are the employed family pensioners and the re-employed pensioners entitled to Dearness Relief (DR) on their family pension/pension ?
Yes, w.e.f. 18/07/97 onwards subject to conditions contained in DoP&W O.M. No. 45/73/97-P&PW(G) dated 2nd July,1999.
Check also following Central Government Pensioners related FAQ
- Central Government Pension Qualifying Service – Frequently Asked Questions
- Central Government Pension Disbursement – Frequently Asked Questions
- Central Government Extraordinary Pension – Frequently Asked Questions
- Central Government Family Pension – Frequently Asked Questions
- Central Government Employees Gratuity – Frequently Asked Questions
- Central Government Commutation of Pension – Frequently Asked Questions
- Central Government Pensioners Dearness Relief – Frequently Asked Questions
- Central Government Pension Procedure – Frequently Asked Questions
- New Pension Scheme (NPS) – Frequently Asked Questions
Source: Pensioners Portal