Articles you may like to read
- Restoration of Full Pension in Respect of Defence Service Personnel
- 7th Pay Commission – Pension Revisions Should Not be Delayed for the Want of Aadhaar and PAN Number – Finmin (Order Enclosed)
- Central Govt Employees Need not Visit Banks to Start Pension – Government
- 7th Pay Commission Pension Fixation – CGDA Clarification
Central Government Employees Pension Qualifying Service – Frequently Asked Questions updated as on 04.11.2013 compiled and issued by Department of Pension and Pensioners Welfare (Pensioners Portal)
B.1 Does all leave period qualify for pension and gratuity?
All leave for which leave salary is payable qualifies for pension and gratuity. Extraordinary leave (EOL) on medical certificate (MC) also qualifies for pension and gratuity. EOL without MC qualifies only on account of inability to join duty on civil commotion or when granted for a higher scientific & technical study qualifies.
B.2 Is the benefit of counting of past service under Rule 19 available to ex-servicemen re-employed to civil service/post?
An ex-serviceman re-employed to the Civil Post/service on or before 31.12.2003 is covered under CCS(Pension)Rules, 1972. Therefore the benefit of Rule 19 also becomes automatically available to him. An ex-serviceman re-employed in civil service on or after 1.1.2004 is covered by the New Pension Scheme and is not covered under the CCS(Pension) Rules, 1972. Therefore the benefit of Rule 19 is not available to the ex-serviceman on re-employment on or after 1.1.2004.
Under Rule 26 (2) “A resignation shall not entail forfeiture of past service if it has been submitted to take up, with proper permission, another appointment, whether temporary or permanent, under the Government where service qualifies”. This also applies to a Govt. servant who joined Govt. service before 1/1/2004 and takes up another appointment in the Govt., on or after 1.1.2004.
Check also following Central Government Pensioners related FAQ
- Central Government Pension Qualifying Service – Frequently Asked Questions
- Central Government Pension Disbursement – Frequently Asked Questions
- Central Government Extraordinary Pension – Frequently Asked Questions
- Central Government Family Pension – Frequently Asked Questions
- Central Government Employees Gratuity – Frequently Asked Questions
- Central Government Commutation of Pension – Frequently Asked Questions
- Central Government Pensioners Dearness Relief – Frequently Asked Questions
- Central Government Pension Procedure – Frequently Asked Questions
- New Pension Scheme (NPS) – Frequently Asked Questions
Source: Pensioners Portal