Articles you may like to read
- Productivity Linked Bonus for the year 2016-17 for Postal Employees – Orders issued
- 30 days of Bonus for Central Government Employees for the year 2016-17 – Finance Ministry Orders
- Non-Productivity linked Bonus – Clarification and Instructions for adhoc bonus
- 7th Pay Commission Anomaly – Pay anomaly and MACP anomalies
Anomalies in Grade Pay between Ministerial Staff of MES, AFHQ & CSS: Indefinite Fast at the PM Office on 4th July, 2015
All India MES Admin Cadre and Ministerial Staff Association has planned an indefinite fast at the Official Residence of PM of India on 04.07.2015. The details about the cause for the fasting is represented before the PM.
ALL INDIA M.E.S. ADMIN CADRE AND
MINISTERIAL STAFF ASSOCIATION
(RECOGNISED BY GOVT. OF INDIA, MIN OF DEF)
AIMESAC&MSA,/ CHQ /2015
30 May 2015
Shri Narendra Modi Ji,
Honble Prime Minister of India,
South Block, New Delhi-11001
INDEFINITE FAST AT THE OFFICIAL RESIDENCE OF PRIME MINISTER OF INDIA ON 04TH IULY 2015 ON ACCOUNT OF ANOMALIES IN GRADE PAY BETWEEN MINISTERIAL STAFF OF MES AND MINISTERIAL STAFF OF AFHQ AND CENTRE SECRETARIAT SERVICES UNDER PR 2008
1. The All India MES Adm Cadre and Ministerial Staff Association avails this opportunity to convey your honour its best compliments Warm regards, while putting the following problems before the Honble Prime Minister of India.
(a) GRADE PAY OF OFFICE SUPDT/STENO IN MES :- From 1st CPC to 5th CPC there is historical pay parity of Office Supdt of MES and Assistant .of Central Secretariat and AFHQ, but during Sept 2006 the Govt has upgraded the pay scale from Rs. 5500-175-9000 to 6500-200-10500 of Assistant of Central Secretariats through back door vide DOPT letter No. 20/ 29/ 2006. CS-II dt. 25 Sept 2006 (copy enclosed). Thereafter the matter was raised in the department JCM meeting of Min of Defence during July 2007 and it was told in the department JCM meeting that the matter is being referred to 6th CPC. The 6th CPC vide Para 3.1.14,(copy enclosed) of its report has clearly stated that there should be pay parity between field and secretariat staff upto the level of Assistant. Accordingly the pay of Office Supdt of MES and Assistant of Central Secretariats and AFHQ was equal. Again the DoP&T vide its letter No. 7/7/2008/CS-1(A) dt. 21 Dec 2009 (copy enclosed) has upgraded the grade pay of Assistant of Central Secretariats and AFHQ from Rs. 4200/- to Rs. 4600/- on the request of some Service Associations and individual Officials and ignored the recommendation of the expert body ie. VIth CPC by not granting similar pay scale for similarly situated staff i.e. Office Supdt. of MES. Although, the Assistant of Central Secretariat remains in Delhi throughout their entire services whereas the office supdts of Military Engineers Service are posted from one place to another after regulars intervals of times. The office supdt of MES is serving in peace, filed and high altitude area shoulder to shoulder with combatants as well as in AFHQ (in E-in-C’s Branch, Integrated HQ MoD) (Army) across the table of Assistant of AFHQ for a very long time. It is further submitted that the’ charter of duties of office supdt of MES is larger than the charter of duties of Assistant of Central Secretariat and AFHQ. The copies of charter of duties of office supdt of MES and Assistant of AFHQ are enclosed for perusal please. Therefore it is requested to please upgrade the pay scale of Office Supdt of MES in pre-revised pay scale from Rs. 6500-10500 to Rs. 7450-225-11500 as already upgraded for the Assistant of Central Secretariat. and AFHQ.
b) GRADE PAY OF UDC STENO III OF MES :- Similarly the Govt of India has upgraded the grade pay of 30% UDCs/Steno D of Central Secretariats and AFHQ from Rs. 2400/ – to Rs. 4200/ – by giving them NFSG grade while ignoring the UDCs of MES, although the 6th CPC vide Para 3.1.14 of its report has stated that there should be pay parity between field and secretariat staff up to the level of Assistants. Therefore, it is requested that suitable instructions may please be issued to upgrade the grade pay of UDCs of MES from Rs. 2400/ – to Rs. 4200/ – w.e.f. 01.01.2008 as already upgraded for UDCs servicing in Central Secretariat & AFHQ by the Govt vide DOPT letter No. 20 / 49 / 2009-CS-II(B) dt. 22.06.2011 (copy enclosed).
2. The Association has, already approached to the following authorities on the above issues :-
(a) DG (Pers) E-in-C’s Branch vide letter No. ‘AIMESCCGDEA/Thu/2009 dt. 18.06.09 (copy’ enclosed) and discussed the issue in all the meetings held in E-in-C’s Branch but no action has been taken.
(b) Secretary Ministry of Defence vide letter No. AIMESCCGDEA/Wed/20011 dt. 30 Aug 2011 (copy enclosed).
(c) Defence Minister vide letter No. AIMESCCGDEA/Fri/2011 dt. 09 Sep 2011 (copy enclosed).
(d) Sh. Pranab Mukherjee, The then Hon’ble Finance Minister, Govt of India vide letter No. AIMESCGGDEA/Mon/2011 dt. 09.05.11 (copy enclosed).
(e) Dr. Man Mohan Singh the then Hon’ble Prime Minister of. India vide letter No. IMESCDEA/Mon/ZOI dt.12.09.2011 (copy enclosed)
(f) Sh Manohar Parrikar, Defence Minister vide letter No AIMESAC&MSA/CHQ/2015 dt 23 Mar 2015.
3. The above pay scales have been provided to the Assistant and UDCs serving in the Central Secretariat and AFHQ due to the influence of PMO office as revealed from the letter attached as Appendix ‘A’. Therefore, the Association is approaching to the Honble Prime Minister of India to give similar pay scales to the staff of Military Engineering Services under Ministry of Defence. If our above requests are not accepted by the Honble Prime Minister of India by 30th June 2015, then the members of this Association has left no other option except to sit on indefinite fast on 04th July 2015 at the official residence of Prime Minister of India in support of the demands of this Association.
With Warm Regards,
(Jit Singh Sharma) (Braj Kishore)
President – General Secretary