MACP Clarification Screening Committee Recommendations – To be placed before the Appointing Authority of the post
N0.35034/3/2008-Estt(D) (Vol. II)
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
(Department of Personnel and Training)
New Delhi 110001
Dated the 10th December, 2014
Subject:- Modified Assured Career Progression Scheme for the Central Government Employee-Clarification regarding.
The undersigned is directed to invite reference to the Para 5 of the Modified Assured Career Progression Scheme issued vide the Department of Personnel and Training Office Memorandum No. 35034/3/2008-Estt.(D) dated May 19, 2009 providing that the recommendations of the Screening Committee shall be placed before the Secretary in cases where the Committee is constituted in the Ministry/Department or before the Head of the organisation/competent authority in other cases for approval.
2. References have been received from various Ministries/Departments with regard to delegation of powers of Secretary to a Joint Secretary level officer as a large number of files on various matters are referred to the Secretary for approval and it is an administrative matter of routine nature which can be disposed of at the level of Joint Secretary.
3. The matter has been considered in this Department and it has been decided that the recommendations of the Screening Committee henceforth be placed before the Appointing Authority of the post in both cases where the Committee is constituted in the Ministry/Department or in other cases for approval with regard to grant of financial upgradation under MACP Scheme.
4. Ministries/Departments are requested to bring these instructions to the notice of all concerned including their attached and subordinate offices.
Check the following links for Orders and Clarifications issued on MACP from time to time
- MACP – Difference in Grade Pay at the time of promotion can be opted to be fixed along with annual increment
- MACP – semi skilled to skilled not to be taken as promotion
- MACP to SAS qualified Officers to the post of Section Officer
- Fixation of 7th Pay Commission Pay in the case of MACP
- 7th Pay Commission MACP Pay fixation – MACP Calculator
- Grant of financial upgradation under MACP Scheme to Accounts Stock Verifiers
- MACP Scheme to the Pharmacist category Railway Employees
- 7th Pay Commission MACP implementation – DOPT order
- MACP after completion of 10 years in the same grade pay – Clarification
- MACPS benefits in the promotional hierarchy – latest position reported by DOPT
- CAT dismisses MACP in Promotional Hierarchy
- MACP for Railway Employees – Instructions
- MACP on Promotional Hierarchy ordered by Courts
- Govt obtained Stay in MACP in promotional Hierarchy Case
- MACP on promotional hierarchy – Minister reply in Parliament
- MACP for Railway Employees – Clarification
- Changes recommended in MACP Scheme by 7th Pay Commission
- Granting MACP to grade pay of Rs. 5400 to AAOs at par with Senior Auditors
- MACP for Graduate Clerk selected through LDCE and GDCE
- Increment for MACP to same grade pay