Articles you may like to read
- MACP – Clarification on Very Good Benchmark in APAR on implementation of 7th Pay Commission recommendations
- Modified Assured Career Progression Scheme (MACPS) for the Railway Employees
- MACP – Grant of Financial Upgradation under Modified Assured Career Progression scheme
- MACP – Difference in Grade Pay at the time of promotion can be opted to be fixed along with annual increment
Modified Assured Career Progression Scheme (MACPS) – Financial benefit allowed after completion of 10 years in same grade pay – Ordnance Factory Board clarification
Ministry of Defence clarification on MACPS.
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF DEFENCE
ORDNANCE FACTORY BOARD
10-A, SHAHEED KHUDIRAM BOSE ROAD
TEL : (033) 22485077-80 (Extn.:638)
Dated – 13/07/2016
The Sr. General Managers/General Managers/HoDs
All Ordnance / Ordnance Equipment Factories / Units.
Sub : Modified Assured Career Progression Scheme (MACPS) – Clarification of.
Ref : OFB Instruction No.55/2009/(PCC) circulated vide letter No.01/6th CPC/2008/PCC/A/A) dated 14/7/09.
Attention is drawn to OFB instruction cited Ref above, wherein certain clarifications were issued on the points indicated therein regarding implementation of MACPS order dated 19/05/2009. At Point No.11 of Annexure-A to the above referred instruction, it was clarified that except on medical ground, EOLWP is not qualifying service, while drawing reference to Para-1 of Annexure-I of MACPS order dated 19/05/2009.
02. A point was raised in the JCM-III Level Council meeting held on 14/06/2016 that owing to the above clarification, the period of EOL granted to the employees on other than medical ground is not being counted for the purpose of granting financial up-gradation under MACPS, which is contrary to the provisions contained in the MACPS order dated 19/05/2009.
03. Accordingly, the matter has been carefully scrutinized in the light of DOP&T Om NO.35034/3/2008-Estt.(D) dated 19/05/2009. Para-1 of Annexure-I of the above MACPS order reads as under :-
“There shall be three financial upgradations under the MACPS, counted from the direct entry grade on completion of 10, 20 and 30 years of service respectively. Financial upgradation under the Scheme will be admissible whenever a person has spent 10 years of continuously in the same grade-pay.”
Further, Para-11of the said Annexure-I stipulates as under :
“Regular Service shall include all periods spent on deputation/foreign service, study leave and all other kind of leave, duly sanctioned by the competent authority.“
04. In view of the above and since the essential condition for granting financial upgradations under the MACPS is at the intervals of 10,20 and 30 years of continuous regular service as per Para-2 of DOP&T OM No.35034/3/2008-Estt.(D) dated 19/05/2009, it is clarified that sanctioned ELWP, irrespective of the grounds on which availed by an employee, is also covered within the ambit of “all other kind of leave, duly sanctioned by the competent authority” as envisaged at Para-11 of Annexure-I of aforesaid DOP&T OM dated 19/05/2009 and accordingly shall be counted as regular service for the purpose of granting financial upgradations under MACPS.
05. Accordingly, Fys/Units are requested to review such cases where financial upgradations under MACPS have been deferred / not granted due to EOLWP on other than medical grounds and regulate them in line with above clarification at Pt.No.4 on priority.
[Dr.(Smt).Vani A Singh]
For Director General Ordnance Factories