Travel by availing LTC in Premium Trains by Central Government Employees – DOPT Clarification – Reimbursement to be restricted to admissible normal fare for the entitled class
No. 31011/ 2/ 2015-Estt.(A-IV)
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
Department of Personnel and Training
North Block, New Delhi-110 001
Dated: 27th January, 2015
Subject: Travel by Premium Trains on LTC- Clarification reg.
The undersigned is directed to say that several references are received by this Department from various Ministry/ Departments seeking clarification regarding admissibility of travel by Premium Trains run by Indian Railways while availing of LTC.
2. The matter has been examined in consultation with Department of Expenditure, Ministry of Finance and it has been decided that travel by Premium Trains is not permissible on LTC. Hence, the fare charged by the Indian Railways for the journey(s) performed by Premium trains shall not be reimbursable for the purpose of LTC. Cases where LTC travel in such Premium Trains has already been undertaken by the Central Government Employees, the train fare may be reimbursed restricting it to the admissible normal fare for the entitled class of or the actual fare paid, whichever is less.
Under Secretary to the Govt. of India
Check the following articles for more information on LTC entitlement for Central Government Employees
- LTC by Air to NER, Jammu and Kashmir and Andaman and Nicobar – Latest Clarification
- Air Travel on LTC and Transfer – Instructions issued by CGDA
- LTC by Air to North East Region, Jammu and Kashmir and Andaman Nicobar extended
- Availing of Home Town LTC for other places
- Guidelines for LTC to avoid irregularity and misuse
- LTC Rules – Relaxation to travel by private airlines to visit Jammu & Kashmir
- Revision of time limit for advance for the purpose of LTC journey by train
- LTC Rules – Admissibility of Catering Charges in rail journey
- LTC Rules – Rail fare for children of 5 to 12 years age group
- LTC-Journey by Private Transport to reach declared place of visit