Articles you may like to read
- Extension of probation period on account of availing period during probation period
- Maternity Benefit (Amendment) Act, 2017
- 7th Pay Commission Special Allowance for Child Care for Women with Disabilities
- 7th Pay Commission Child Care Leave with reduced salary in the second spell – Staff Side JCM writes to govt
DoPT Clarification on Child Care Leave – CCL should not be refused citing exigencies of workDepartment of Personnel and Training has issued an OM on Child Care Leave (CCL) in respect of Central Government Employees.
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
(Department of Personnel and Training)
JNU (Old) Campus, New Delhi
Dated the 12th January, 2016
Subject : Child Care Leave (CCL) in respect of Central Government Employees as a result of Sixth Central Pay Commission recommendations – Clarification regarding.
The undersigned is directed to refer to this Department’s O.M. No.13018/2/2008-Estt.(L) dated 11/09/2008 regarding introduction of Child Care Leave (CCL) in respect of Central Government women employees. Subsequently, clarifications have been issued vide OMs dated 29.9.2008, 18.11.2008, 02.12.2008, 07.09.2010, 30.12.2010, 03.03.2010 & 05.06.2014. Child Care Leave at present is allowed for women employees to facilitate them to take care of their children at the time of need. This Department is considering issuing the following instructions:-
`In cases where a female Government servant applies for Child Care Leave for at least five working days, she should normally not be refused leave citing exigencies of work unless there are grave and extraordinarily compelling circumstances that warrant refusal’.
2. Ministries/ Departments are requested that their views/ comments may be forwarded to this Department latest by 27.01.2016. A soft copy may be forwarded to email of US (Allowance.) i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org