Child Care Leave – Government has no proposal to introduce Parent Care Leave in line with Child Care Leave
GOVERNMENT OF INDIAMINISTRY OF PERSONNEL,PUBLIC GRIEVANCES AND PENSIONSRAJYA SABHA
UNSTARRED QUESTION NO-849ANSWERED ON-12.12.2013Countrys rank in Global Age Watch Index849 . SHRI ALOK TIWARI / PRABHAT JHA / KUSUM RAI / ARVIND KUMAR SINGH(a) whether as per the data of Global Age Watch Index, India ranks at 73rd position in elderly care out of 91 countries sampled; and(b) if so, whether Government would provide for parents care leave on line of child care leave to CentralGovernment employees in view of above, if so, the details thereof, if not, the reasons therefor?
ANSWERMINISTER OF STATE IN THE MINISTRY OF PERSONNEL, PUBLIC GRIEVANCES AND PENSIONS AND MINISTER OF STATE IN THE PRIME MINISTER’S OFFICE (SHRI V. NARAYANASAMY)(a): Global Age Watch Index is a measure of quality of life and well-being of older people around the world. It measures the economic, social and political elements. India is ranked 73rd out of 91 countries selected for the index.(b): The Government has no proposal to provide for Parent Care Leave on the lines of Child Care Leave (CCL). CCL is allowed to female Central Government employees with a specific purpose of improving participation of more females in Government service. The Central Government employees are already entitled to various kinds of leave which can be availed for appropriate purposes.
- Types of Leave applicable to Central Govt Employees as per Leave Rules
- Child Care Leave – A recap and compilation of orders issued
- Central Government Employees Strike – Confederation issues strike notice
- 7th Pay Commission Strike on 15.02.2017 – Decision of Confederation and Charter of Demands
- 7th Pay Commission: Central Govt employee union calls nationwide strike on February 15, demand settlement of 21-points-charter demand
- Technical Resignation – Highlights of consolidated instructions issued by DOPT
- 7th Pay Commission Minimum Pay and Fitment Formula – Confederation prepares for Strike
- 7th Pay Commission Minimum Wage and Fitment Factor – Confederation Charter of Demands
- 7th Pay Commission Allowances Committee – Staff Side JCM provides detailed view
- Technical Resignation and Lien – Consolidated Instructions