Kendriya Vidyalayas Admission Policy – Priority in Admission for Children of Central Government Employees, Defence Personnel and Ex-Servicemen – Admission guidelines
Kendriya Vidyalayas (KVs) were established to cater to the educational needs of the children of transferable Central Government employees including Defence and Para-military personnel by providing a common programme of education. As per the admission guidelines duly approved by the Board of Governors of Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS), following priorities are followed in granting admission to the KVs in Defence / Civil Sector:-
1. Children of transferable and non-transferable Central government employees and children of ex-servicemen. This will also include children of Foreign National officials, who come on deputation or transfer to India on invitation by Government of India.
2. Children of transferable and non-transferable employees of Autonomous Bodies / Public Sector Undertaking / Institute of Higher Learning of the Government of India.
3. Children of transferable and non-transferable State Government employees.
4. Children of transferable and non-transferable employees of Autonomous Bodies / Public Sector Undertakings / Institute of Higher Learning of the State Governments.
5. Children from any other category including the children of Foreign Nationals who are located in India due to their work or for any personal reasons. The children of Foreign Nationals would be considered only in case there are no children of Indian Nationals waitlisted for admission.
The Children of Defence personnel are considered as first priority category for admission in KVs. The Children admitted in a KV can automatically claim admission in another KV, if their parent is transferred from one station to another.
This information was given by the Union Human Resource Development Minister, Smt. Smriti Zubin Irani today in a written reply to a Rajya Sabha question.
Source : PIB