GUIDELINES FOR ADMISSION IN KENDRIYA VIDYALAYAS
1. In supersession to all the guidelines governing admissions in Kendriya Vidyalayas that have been issued in the past, the following guidelines are issued to regulate admissions in the Kendriya Vidyalayas with effect from the academic session 2013-14. These guidelines are not applicable to KVs abroad.
Unless the context suggests otherwise, the definition of the following terms used in these guidelines would be as below:-
(i) Central Government EMPLOYEES: an employee who draws his emoluments from the consolidated fund of India.
(ii) TRANSFERABLE: An employee who has been transferred at least once in the preceding 7 years shall be deemed to be transferable.
(iii) TRANSFER: an employee would be treated as transferred only if he/she has been transferred by the competent authority from one place/urban agglomeration to another place/urban agglomeration which is at a distance of at least 20 kms and minimum period of stay at a place should be six months.
(iv) Autonomous bodies / Public Sector UNDERTAKINGS: Organizations which are fully financed by the government or where the government share is more than 51 per cent would be deemed to be autonomous bodies/ public sector undertakings.
3. PRIORITIES IN ADMISSION
The following priorities shall be followed in granting admissions:-
(A) Kendriya Vidyalayas under Civil/Defence SECTOR:
1. Children of transferable and non-transferable central government employees and children of ex- servicemen. This will also include children of foreign national officials, who come on deputation or transfer to India on invitation by Govt. of India.
2. Children of transferable and non-transferable employees of Autonomous Bodies/Public Sector Undertaking/Institute of Higher Learning of the Government of India.
3. Children of transferable and non-transferable State Government employees.
4. Children of transferable and non-transferable employees of Autonomous Bodies/ Public Sector Undertakings/Institute of Higher Learning of the State Governments.
5. Children from any other category including the children of foreign nationals who are located in India due to their work or for any personal reasons. The Children of Foreign Nationals would be considered only in case there are no Indian Nationals’ waitlisted for admission.
Note: Preference in Admission to wards will be granted based on the number of transfers of the parents in the last 7 years.
(b) Kendriya Vidyalayas under Public Sector Undertakings/ INSTITUTES of Higher LEARNING:
a) Children and grandchildren of employees of the Public Sector Undertakings/Institutes of Higher learning which are the sponsors of the Vidyalaya.
b) Children of project employees & Post Graduate students who are working on long term research projects.
c) Children of regular Council of Wardens (COW) employees.
d) Children and Grand Children of retired employees to be included in category I for the purpose of admission.
2. The priorities criteria for Kendriya Vidyalayas under Civil/Defence Sectors (Para 3 (A)) will follow in the same sequence, thereafter.
3. Children of employees of Institutes of Higher learning who had to discontinue school to accompany parents going out of station on sabbatical leave/long leave, over and above the class strength.
4. Eligible age for admission
A Child must be 5 years old as on 31st March in the academic year in which admission is sought for Class I.(Child born on 1st April should also be considered.)
A. The minimum and maximum age limit for admission in Kendriya Vidyalayas in various classes is given below:
MINIMUM AGE ON 31ST MARCH OF THE YEAR IN WHICH ADMISSION IS SOUGHT MAXIMUM AGE ON 31st
MAXIMUM AGE ON 31ST MARCH OF THE YEAR IN WHICH ADMISSION IS SOUGHT
a. The maximum age limit can be relaxed by two years in case of Physically Challenged children by the Principal.
B. There is no age restriction for admission to Class XI provided the student is seeking admission in the year of passing Class X examination. Similarly, there will be no upper & lower age limit for admission to class XII provided there has been no break in the continuous study of the student after passing class X/XI.
5. CLASS STRENGTH AND COMPETENT AUTHORITIES
Up to 31st July
Registered and eligible candidates
Up to 45
1st August to 30th September
Provided such candidates are the wards of Central Govt. employees belonging to category-I, joining on transfer after the registration process is over, on first-cum-first serve basis. The children of parents belonging to Cat. I transferred during previous years will also be considered eligible for admission, if seats are available after accommodating the children of category – I parents transferred during the current academic session. The KVs established in project / institutes of higher Learning would also be covered under this provision.
Up to 45
Up to 30th November
Wards of Central Govt./PSU/IHL employees joining on transfer after 30th September subject to availability of vacancies.
A. Schedule caste and schedule tribe category
15% seats for Scheduled Caste and 7.5% seats for Scheduled Tribes shall be reserved in all fresh admissions in all Kendriya Vidyalayas.
b. Physically Handicaped Category
3% seats of total available seats for fresh admission will be horizontally reserved for Differently Abled-children, visually challenged, orthopedically and hearing impaired etc.
6. ADMISSION WITH KV TRANSFER CERTIFICATE INCLUDING LOCAL TRANSFER (TC).
(i) Admission of children with KV TC will be automatic (over and above Class strength) if the parent has been transferred from one station to another. When the class strength reaches 55, the efforts should be initiated to open additional sections.
(ii) Defence personnel and Para-military Forces who shift their families to a station of their choice whenever they are transferred to some non-family areas or posted in Naxal affected areas, can admit their children on KV TC in a KV located at the station where they will keep their family.
(iii) In all other cases where transfer of the parent is not involved, the admission with KV TC would be done only with the prior approval of the Deputy Commissioner of the region concerned.
(iv) All cases of local transfer on KV TC will be done with the approval of DC concerned on merit.
(v) A student with KV TC may also be permitted in project KVs only up to class strength of 45 with the prior concurrence of Chairman, VMC. Beyond this no admission on KV TC would be done in project schools. However, Deputy Commissioner of the region is empowered to allow admission in the project/nearest KV in extremely deserving cases.
7. CHANGE OF SHIFT
Students already admitted in second shift can switch over to first shift or first shift students to second shift with the approval of Vidyalaya Management Committee (VMC) only in order of priority of service category, if the class/section class strength is less than 45. However, other genuine cases will be decided on individual merit of case to case with prior approval of Deputy Commissioner of the Region concerned with the class/section strength mentioned above i.e. 45. The VMC before granting approval must examine the merit of each case provided the enrolment in each section of the Kendriya Vidyalaya does not violate the prescribed norm of class strength as mentioned. Such cases pertaining to change of shift will not be referred to KVS (HQ) for consideration.
8. EQUIVALENCE OF N.I.O.S./STATE BOARDS/ICSE FOR ADMISSION IN CLASS XI IN KENDRIYA VIDYALAYAS
The students of State Boards/ICSE/NIOS where marks are awarded be considered for admission in class XI if vacancies exist. The marks awarded in various subjects are considered against the corresponding Grade awarded by CBSE.
* Marks of different subjects are to be converted into grades as per CBSE norms as given below:
9. ADMISSION FOR CLASS X AND XII
Admissions to class X & XII, other than KV students, will be entertained subject to availability of vacancies. Such admissions to class X and XII will be considered by the Deputy Commissioner of the Region concerned, only if, the average strength in class X/XII is below 40.This will further be subject to the following conditions:
i) The child has been in the same course of studies i.e. in a CBSE-affiliated school.
ii) The child must have obtained not less than 6.5 CGPA in class IX (CGPA be calculated as per formula applied by CBSE in class X). For admission to class XII 55% marks in class XI examination is mandatory.
iii) The child should OTHERWISE be eligible as per KVS admission guidelines.
iv) The combinations of subjects opted by the student are available in Kendriya Vidyalayas.
10. ADMISSION OF CHILDREN STUDYING ABROAD
A KV Student, who went abroad with his parents on their deputation to a foreign country, will be admitted to corresponding class on their return to India by the Principal of Kendriya Vidyalaya concerned.
11. In case any issue related to the interpretation of admission guidelines the decision of Commissioner KVS will be final.
GUIDELINES FOR ADMISSION IN KENDRIYA VIDYALAYAS PART- B
The following special provisions will be operative for admission for Academic session 2013-14:
A. Following categories of children would be admitted over and above the class strength except where stated otherwise in the provision itself (e.g. Item No. XVI).
i. The children and dependent grandchildren of Hon’ble Members of Parliament.
ii. Children and Grandchildren (children of son or / and daughter) of serving and retired KVS employees.
The Children and grand children of the serving and retired employees of KVS (Kendriya Vidyalayas, Regional Offices, ZIETs and KVS (Hqrs.) will be considered for admission at any time of the year irrespective of the class strength/year of transfer/recruitment. However, for class IX, the child has to clear the admission test (The Officials/Officers who come on deputation to KVS their wards also should be treated at par with regular KVS employees).
iii. Children of Central Government employees who die in harness.
iv. Children of recipients of Paramveer Chakra, Mahavir Chakra, Veer Chakra, Ashok Chakra, Kirti Chakra & Shourya Chakra, Sena Medal(Army), Nav Sena Medal (Navy), Vayu Sena Medal (Air Force).
v. Children of recipients of President’s Police medal for gallantry & Police medal for gallantry.
vi. Meritorious sports children who have secured I, II & III position in SGFI/CBSE/National/State level games organized by the Government.
vii. Recipients of Rashtrapati Puraskar in Scouts & Guides.
viii. Single girl children in class I and from class VI onwards subject to a maximum of two per section in class I and two per class in class VI and onwards. It includes Twin Girl children also.
ix. Children who are recipients of National Bravery Award, or of Balshree Award instituted by National Bal Bhawan.
x. Children whose parents are a teacher, and is a recipient of National Award for teachers.
xi. Children who have shown special talent in Fine Arts and have been recognized at the National or State level.
xii. 100 children of employees of the Ministry of HRD would be admitted every year on orders issued by the KVS (HQ).(up to 31st JULY)
xiii. 60 admissions in Kendriya Vidyalayas located anywhere in India and 15 children in hostels in Kendriya Vidyalayas, of employees of the Ministry of External Affairs would be admitted each year on orders issued by KVS (HQ). These would be subject to the following conditions for the two categories:-
- 60 admissions in Kendriya Vidyalayas located anywhere in India be utilized exclusively for children returning from abroad along with their parents after their posting. Seats under this provision remaining unutilized at the time of normal admissions will remain as such and will be utilized for children who return to India after the beginning of the academic session and up to 30th September. Children who return to India after 30th September would be considered for admission up to 30th November along with other priority category I children. No special consideration will be given to MEA staff under this priority. All these admissions will be subject to the condition that not more than 5 children would be admitted in one school in a year and that the children would be submitting a transfer certificate of a school abroad, in which they had been studying prior to seeking admission in a KV. All admissions under this provision will stop once the quota for special provisions is completed for concerned classes.
- 15 seats for admission in hostels in Kendriya Vidyalayas would be allotted to the children whose parents are going abroad on a posting to station, which does not have adequate educational facilities. The required information in this respect would need to be given by the Ministry of External Affairs.
xiv. 15 children of the employees of the Research and Analysis Wing (RAW) would be admitted on orders to be issued by the KVS Hqrs. Of these, a maximum of 5 seats would be given in Delhi and the remaining would be outside Delhi.
xv. “In case adequate number of applications for admission of eligible children are not available for provisions under (XII), (XIII), and (XIV), Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan may nominate additional names up to the prescribed limit to ensure full utilization of these provisions”.
xvi. 05 seats in each section of class I and 10 seats in all other classes put together will be reserved every year for the children of the sponsoring agency in all schools except those specifically notified otherwise by the Commissioner. The wards of deceased employees of Public Sector Undertakings who have died while in service may also be included under this quota. In Civil Sector schools sponsored by State Govt., the children of State Govt. employees would come under this provision. Similarly in Defence/ Project/ Institution of Higher Learning sector schools only the children belonging to employees working in these sectors would come under this provision. Admission to class I would be within the approved class strength while for other classes it would be over and above class strength.
xvii. Chairman, Vidyalaya Management Committee can recommend maximum two admissions in the concerned Kendriya Vidyalaya under his discretionary quota. These two admissions may be recommended in one class or all classes put together except classes X & XII.
xviii. Wherever land has been sponsored by DDA for Kendriya Vidyalayas located in Delhi, admission to children of regular DDA employees would be restricted to 5 seats per section in class I and 5 seats in all other classes put together. Admission in class I would be within the approved strength of the section while for other classes this would be over and above the class strength.
xix. Each Hon’ble Member of Parliament can refer six cases for admission under the scheme in an academic year but such recommendations shall be confined to children whose parents belong to his constituency either by domicile or on account of having been soon-before posted there or else on account of exigencies of service migrate to his constituency. Such recommendations would be for admissions in Kendriya Vidyalaya in the constituency of the Hon’ble MP (LOK SABHA), he/she, may recommend these admissions in the Kendriya Vidyalaya(S) located in any neighbouring contiguous constituency. For Member of the Rajya Sabha, the state from which the member has been elected would be deemed to be his constituency for this purpose. Nominated members of the Rajya Sabha and Lok Sabha can recommend 06 cases for admission in any one or more Kendriya Vidyalaya of the Country.
a. These admissions shall be over and above the class strength.
b. These recommendations should be made for all classes except pre-primary, and classes X and XII.
c. These admissions would be made at the beginning of the academic year and no admission would be allowed after the prescribed cut off date (i.e. 31st JULY) of the year.
d. The recommendations to be made shall be valid only if these are made4 in the prescribed format provided to each Member of Parliament by KVS (HQ). Recommendations sent in any there format/manner shall not be considered.
e. The children recommended by Hon’ble Members of Parliament must be otherwise eligible for admission as per the extant KVS Admission Guidelines.
xx. Each Directorate of education of Armed Forces i.e Army, Air Force and Navy can refer 2 cases in admission in an academic year. The Directorate of education of Armed Forces i.e Army, Air Force and Navy can recommend 02 names for admission of wards of Defence Personnel’s who are otherwise eligible for admission, in Kendriya Vidyalayas located in Defence Sector. Other terms and conditions will be same as mentioned in (xix a to e) above.
B. ADMISSION OF WARDS OF ARMED FORCES
Automatic admission of children in the Kendriya Vidyalayas on the basis of transfer certificate issued by the CBSE affiliated schools run by Armed Forces (e.g. Army, Air Force and Navy) will be entertained only if the parent has been transferred to that place or has desired to settle at the place after his retirement., provided no Armed forces run School exist in the vicinity of ten km. from the place of posting.
This provision shall be applicable to schools run by Indian Coast Guard also. This provision may also be extended to the children of government employees studying in schools run by ISRO/AEES also.
It is clarified that above provisions are only for the wards of Defence personnel viz. sons & daughters only. This will not include the grand children of Defence personnel. Provisions of KVS admission guidelines including the eligibility criteria for age and marks/Grades will be followed in letter and spirit. Also the fee including VVN is to be paid from the month of admission of the child in the Kendriya Vidyalaya regardless of the fact that the fee for succeeding months have already been paid in the school from which TC has been issued for admission to KV. TCs issued by the CBSE schools of Defence Ministry/Deptts/Authority will be endorsed by the concerned Deputy Commissioner of the region where admission is sought.
C. ADMISSION OF PRE PRIMARY STUDENTS IN CLASSES I.
The policy of automatic admission of pre-primary students in class I has been withdrawn w.e.f. session 2008-09. Now all admissions in class I shall be treated as fresh admissions and shall be dealt with as per rules in vogue.
D. Children who were earlier studying in Kendriya Vidyalaya but due to (a) transfer of parent or (b) relocation due to exigency caused by posting of parent to field area was compelled to study in a school other than Kendriya Vidyalaya because no KV was available at that station, if the said parent subsequently gets transferred to a place where a Kendriya Vidyalaya exists, his/her child be considered for admission, consequent upon the transfer/movement of the parent subsequently to a place where a Kendriya Vidyalaya exists, over and above the class strength. A proof to this effect has to be provided by the parent.
GUIDELINES FOR ADMISSION IN KENDRIYA VIDYALAYAS PART- C
PROCEDURE FOR ADMISSIONS
An advertisement shall be issued by the Regional Office in the local newspapers in the 1st week of February giving the admission schedule (Annexure follows) and inviting Parents to register their wards for admission in Kendriya Vidyalayas. This advertisement should specifically indicate that admissions in Kendriya Vidyalayas are not restricted to Central Govt. employees and are open to all, only certain priorities have been laid down for different categories to regulate the admissions. The reservations for SC, ST and Physically Handicapped and under RTE Act 2009 should also be indicated.
(I) Registration shall not be done if there is no vacancy or likelihood of any vacancy in a particular class. In case a vacancy arises in future, registration can be made after giving wide publicity at local level and admission can be granted as per KVS Admission Guidelines.
(II) In case the number of children seeking registration is less because of which all seats have not been filled up, the Principal shall issue a second/third advertisement in the months of May and June notifying the availability of vacancies.
(III) Admissions are required to be made with the approval of the Executive Committee of the Vidyalaya. In case the Executive Committee does not approve the admissions up to the full sanctioned strength of the class, the Principal shall intimate this fact to the Deputy Commissioner who will grant admission to children as per the admission guidelines.
(IV) Registration for class XI shall be taken up immediately after the
declaration of results of class X and admissions up to the full strength of the class should be completed within 30 days after declaration of results by CBSE. In case there is any difficulty in admitting children up to the full strength because of the Executive Committee of the Vidyalaya not approving the same, the procedure as laid down for other classes above shall be followed and admissions up to the sanctioned strength of the class shall be made by 31st of July with the approval of the Deputy Commissioner.
(V) Registration forms shall be made available by the Principal FREE OF COST.
(VI) Registration forms complete in all respects and accompanied by all required documents must be submitted to the Vidyalaya office within the prescribed date.
(VII) Attested copies of the prescribed documents would be required to be submitted along with the application form for registration.
- For Class I, certificate of proof of age in the form of a birth certificate issued by the authority competent to register births. This will include certificates from Notified Area Council / Municipality / Municipal Corporation extract about the date of birth from records of Village Panchayat, Military Hospital and service records of Defence personnel or Affidavit. For other classes, the date of birth recorded in the transfer certificate issued by a school recognized by the State Education Department would be accepted. The original certificate of date of birth should be returned to the parent after verification. Admissions up to class-VIII may be granted without any school transfer certificate provided the child is otherwise eligible and his birth certificate has been issued by a Govt. body or affidavit.
- For grandchildren of Hon’ble Member of Parliament and PSU employees a proof of relationship of either of the child’s parents with the Hon’ble Member of Parliament or PSU employees would be needed.
- For grandchildren of KVS employee a proof of relationship would be required.
- A certificate that the child belongs to the Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/EWS/OBC(Non-Creamy Layer)/BPL/Disabled, wherever applicable, issued by the competent authority in concerned State Government/Union Government. The certificate in respect of either of the parents may be accepted initially for the purpose of admission, if this certificate is not available for the child. However, the certificate in respect of the child has to be submitted within a period of 3 month from the date of admission.
- A certificate from the civil surgeon/rehabilitation centre or any other competent authority defined by the Government of India O.M. No. 36035/5/88/Estt.(sct) dated 4.5.1999 certifying the child to be handicapped, wherever applicable. In case, where the handicap of the child can be visually seen by the Principal, the child may be accepted as handicapped even without a certificate. However, the parent may be advised to obtain the relevant certificate from the competent authority and submit the same to the school.
- A service certificate showing the number of transfers during the preceding 7 years duly signed and stamped by the head of office bearing the name, designation and other relevant particulars in block letters.
- A certificate of retirement for uniformed Defence employees.
- Proof of Residence.
(I) Mere registration will not confer a right to admission.
(II) Incomplete application forms shall normally be rejected. In case vacancies remain, the Principal may allow completion of the form later at his discretion.
(III) Admission secured on the basis of any wrong certificate shall be cancelled by the Principal forthwith and no appeal against such action of the Principal shall be entertained.
(IV) When a child is registered for admission in class I in a Kendriya Vidyalaya but, before the declaration of the selection list, his parent is transferred to another station, the child should be deemed to have been registered for admission in the Kendriya Vidyalaya at the station of posting even if the last date of registration at that place has expired. The registration form in original is transferred to the Kendriya Vidyalaya of new place of posting and a photo copy of the same be retained in the school where the child was initially registered.
4. METHOD OF ADMISSION in class I
Out of the available seats of fresh admission 15% will be reserved for SC and 7.5% will be reserved for ST. The short fall in the number of seats reserved for SC and ST, will be worked out after considering number of SC/ST children admitted under RTE quota.
(1) In first phase, 10 seats (out of 40 seats) in Class I per section are to be filled as per RTE Provisions (25% of seats) and these 10 seats will be filled by draw of lots from all applications of SC/ST/EWS/BPL/OBC (Non Creamy Layer)/Disabled taken together.
(2) In second phase, remaining seats are to be filled as per existing Priority category system. The short fall in the seats reserved for SC/ST will be made good by filling of the seats as per order of Priority categories for admission.
(3) For example: In a single Section School 6 seats are reserved for SC and 3 Seats for ST (15% for SC and 7.5% for ST). Assuming that, 2 SC candidates, 1 ST candidate and 1 Differently Abled candidate are admitted under RTE in the lottery system In first phase, then available SC seats will be considered as 6-2 = 4 and ST seats will be 3-1 = 2. The left out registered candidates from SC and ST category will be considered as per order of Priority categories for admission. In this case the remaining 24 seats will be available for admission under order of Priority of Category.
a) In no case these 10 seats reserved as per RTE will be de-reserved.
b) The seats reserved for SC/ST may be interchanged, by interchanging SC seats to ST and vice- versa after 20th July.
c) If required numbers of candidates covered under RTE do not register in 1st spell of registration then a second notification may be given in the month of April.
d) The definition/eligibility criteria of Disadvantaged Group/Weaker Section/BPL/OBC (Non creamy layer) will be as per the notification of the concerned State Governments.
e) Admission test will not be conducted for Class – I.
A DEFINITION OF DISADVANTAGED GROUP
1. Child belonging to disadvantaged group means a child belonging to the Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe, the socially and educationally backward class or such other group having disadvantage owing to social, cultural, economic, geographical, linguistic, gender or such other factor as may be specified by the appropriate government, by notification (Section 2(d) of RTE Act).
2. Child with special needs and suffering from disability means as per disability Act or as defined by the concerned State Govt.
B. DEFINITION OF WEAKER SECTION
- Child belonging to weaker section means a child belonging to such a parent or guardian whose annual income is lower than the minimum limit specified by the appropriate government, by notification (Section 2(e)).
- The income limit regarding economically weaker sections will be applicable as notified by the State Govt. concerned.
C. DEFINITION OF NEIGHBOURHOOD & PROOF OF RESIDENCE
Since Kendriya Vidyalayas are located at places with varied density of population, they have been categorised as follows for determining the limits of neighbourhood:-
Major cities and Urban area
(All District Hqrs. & Metros)
5 kms. radius
Places and areas other than included in 1 above.
8 kms radius
Note: 1. Proof of residence shall have to be produced by all applicants. However admission cannot be denied due to non-submission of Proof of residence.
2. A self-declaration in writing from the parent about distance may also be accepted to this effect.
5. COMPOSITION OF COMMITTEE FOR DRAW OF LOTS
Every Kendriya Vidyalaya will constitute a committee for the purpose of monitoring a system of Draw of Lots to be held in Class I or in any other class wherever such stage is reached when all candidates of a particular category or having same number of transfers cannot be accommodated against available number of seats.
The committee will comprise the following five (05) members:-
Member (To be nominated by Principal)
(3 & 4)
Two parents (One lady )
Members (One parent has to be from the candidates to be admitted under section 12(1)(c) of RTE Act 2009.
Member(To be nominated by Chairman, VMC)
- An additional 6th member can be nominated by the Principal from the students of class IX to XII wherever these classes exist.
- This committee may be notified with the concurrence of Chairman, VMC, at least 5 days in advance of draw of lots and be displayed on school Notice Board.
2. FEE AND OTHER CONCESSIONS :
- No fee to be charged from the children admitted under the 25% quota prescribed under RTE ACT 2009
- One set of NCERT text books for his/her class to each child will be provided by the school and other expenses on account of note books, stationary, uniform and transport will be reimbursed on production of proper bills in respect of 25% of the children admitted under the Act subject to the ceiling prescribed.
- Once the children are admitted in Class I under RTE Act, they will continue to enjoy exemptions and concessions till class VIII either in the same KV or any other K.V. moving on transfer as per RTE Act.
- Address proof of the parent should be furnished at the time of the registration.
- The employees who have the facility of fee reimbursement in their departments cannot claim RTE concessions.
3. METHOD OF admission IN CLASS II TO VIII
Class II to VIII – Like Class – I admission test shall not be conducted for admission to Class II to VIII and the admission may be granted based on Priority category system (1 to 5 or 6 as the case may be). If applications are more than the number of seats, lottery system will be followed in each category including single girl child quota (Class VIth Onwards)
4. METHOD OF admission IN CLASS IX
CLASS IX – For admission to Class IX, an admission test shall be conducted and a merit list prepared for each category of priority separately. Admission shall be granted in order of merit going by the sequence of the Priority categories as prioritized in General guidelines PART-A Para 3.
(i) Admission test shall be conducted in the subjects: Hindi, English, Math, Social Science and Science
(ii) Candidates must secure at least 33% marks in all subjects to Pass. Merit List will be prepared as per the Priority Category.
Concession up to 5 marks can be given for deficiency in language (Hindi & English).
(iii) Students belonging to SC/ST will be eligible for admission on securing 25% in aggregate.
5. METHOD OF ADMISSIONS IN CLASS XI
I. KV STUDENTS : Admissions in different Streams viz. Science, Commerce, Humanities of Class XI in KVs for KV students who have passed Class X will be regulated as follows:
a. The merit list will be drawn/prepared as per CGPA obtained by applicant in CBSE /Class X results in every School.
b. The Seats will be allotted as per the rank in the merit list prepared as at (a) above vis-a-vis number of vacancies available in a particular stream in the Vidyalaya (Class strength 40) and as per the option of stream exercised by the student.
c. Concessions wherever applicable shall be incorporated while preparing the Merit List.
d. In case of two or more candidates obtaining equal CGPA, the inter-se merit of such candidates may be determined as follows:
(i) Candidates obtaining higher grade points in Maths will get precedence in admission.
(ii) If two or more candidates have got the same grade points in Maths, then the candidates securing higher grades in Maths and Science taken together will get precedence over the others.
(iii) In case of a tie between two or more candidates obtaining same grade points in maths and science taken together, the student older in age as per the D.O.B will be given precedence over the other.
e. Principal may admit children to class XI only up to the permitted class strength.
f. A student who was earlier not found eligible for admission to a particular stream may be allowed fresh admission to a particular stream in class XI in the next academic session, if he/she improves his/her performance within one year from the same.
g. If school is not able accommodate all the students and students from neighbouring KVs which are only up to class 10th, the class strength will be increase with the approval of the DC of the concerned Region.
INFORMATICS PRACTICES AS AN ELECTIVE SUBJECT IS OFFERED TO ALL STREAMS. ADMISSION TO THIS WOULD BE GRANTED AS PER THE COMBINED MERIT LIST.
Computer Science / Bio-Technology, wherever available as an elective subject, is to be offered to students of Science Stream and admission would be granted as per combined merit list. Multi-media & Web-Designing Technology (wherever available) as elective subject may be offered to students of all the streams (Commerce, Humanities & Science) as per combined merit list.
II. FRESH ADMISSIONS NON-KV STUDENTS
a) After accommodating all the eligible students of the KV concerned and other KVs in the entitled stream, fresh admissions to non-KV students would be allowed, if vacancy exists. Fresh admission for remaining vacancies would be made in the sequence of categories of priority on the basis of following Criteria.
i) Science Stream and Commerce Stream
A minimum of 8.0 CGPA.
ii) Humanities Stream
A minimum of 6.4 CGPA.
b) Concessions wherever applicable shall be incorporated while preparing the Merit List.
III. The following concessions will be allowed for admission for Class XI.
A. The following concession will be granted to students for admission who participated in Games & Sports meet/Scouting & Guiding/NCC/Adventure activities at various levels. The certificate needed for this purpose can be of any of the preceding years.
Sports & Games
Adventure Activities for admission to Science/ Commerce stream
Concession of marks
Participation at SGFI or equivalent level.
‘A’ certificate and participation in Republic Day/PM Rally
Rashtrapati Puraskar award certificate
0.8 points in CGPA
Participation at KVS National/ State level
‘A’ certificate and best Cadet in Distt/State level
Rajya Puruskar award certificate with 07 proficiency badges.
0.6 points in CGPA
Participation at KVS Regional/ District Level
Tritiya Sopan certificate with 05 proficiency badges
Participation in at least one 10-days adventure activity
0.2 points in CGPA
Maximum concession under Sports/Games/NCC / Scout / Guide/Adventure will not exceed 0.8 points in CGPA .In case of eligibility for more than one concession under different categories as mentioned at (a) and (b) above, only one concession having maximum advantage to the candidate will be allowed (The same benefit may be extended to non-Kvs Students for fresh admission in KVs.
B. Students belonging to SC/ST would be given up-gradation in CGPA by 0.4 for the purpose of admission to class XI Science/Commerce Stream/Humanities.
Annexure TO – (PART – C)
Schedule and procedure for ADMISSION
Both these activities shall proceed together. The admission schedule for the year 2013-14 will be as under:-
A. FIRST ROUND OF ADMISSION
Advertisement for admission by Regional offices/KV
First week of Feb. 2013 (Before 5th Feb)
Issue of Forms & Registration for Class I and other classes(except class XI)*
08-02- 2013 onwards
Last date of Registration for class I and other classes
(except class XI)
Declaration of list & admission for class – I
18-03-2013 TO 25-03-2013
Extended date for Second Notification admission to be made under RTE Provisions
05-04-2013 ( If sufficient applications not received under RTE Provisions)
Declaration of list of class II onwards
Admission class II onwards*
17-04-2013 To 24-04-2013
Registration for class XI*
Within 20 days after declaration of Board results
Display of list & Admission for class XI
Within 30 days after declaration of Board results
Last date of Admission
Admission accorded by Commissioner, KVS for the wards of Central Govt./ Central PSU employees who are actually joining on transfer after 30` September up to 30th November subject to availability of vacancies.
Up to 30-11-2013
B. SECOND ROUND OF ADMISSION*(IF VACANCY EXISTS)
Notification for vacancy at Regional & KV Level for Class II onwards
25-06-2013 to 30-06-2013
Display of admission list
09-07-2013 to 16-07-2013
* Subject to availability of vacancy in a particular class.
FORMs and FORMATS
सेवा प्रमाण पत्र/SERVICE CERTIFICATE
प्रमाणित किया जाता है कि श्री/श्रीमती—————————————–कार्यालय/मंत्रालय मे कार्यरत हैंa। वे रक्षा सेवा/केन्द्रीय रिजर्व पुलिस बल/सीमा सुरक्षा बल/एन.एस.जी/एस.पी.जी./सी.आई.एस.एफ/केन्द्रीय सरकार स्वायित संस्था/सार्वजनिक क्षेत्र के उपक्रम के/की कर्मचारी हैंSa जिनका पूर्ण वित्त प्रबंध केन्द्रीय स्थानांतरणीय है।
Certified that Shri/Smt……………………………….is working in the office/Ministry of ……………………..He/She is an employee of Defence Service/CRPF/BSF/NSG/SPG/CISF/Central Govt./Autonomous Body/Public Sector Undertaking fully financed/partially financed by Central Govt. and his/her services are transferable anywhere in India.
सेवा प्रमाण पत्र/SERVICE CERTIFICATE
प्रमाणित किया जाता है कि श्री/श्रीमती—————————————————-कार्यालय/मंत्रालय मे कार्यरत हैं। …………………………… वह राज्य मे कहीं भी स्थानांतरणीय राज्य सरकार के एक कर्मचारी है.
Certified that Shri/Smt…………………………………. Is working in the office/Ministry of ………………………….. He/ She is an employee of State Government transferable anywhere in the state.
स्थान एवम दिनांक
Signature with Date कार्यालय अध्यक्ष का नाम, पद और हस्ताक्षर (कार्यालय की मोहर सहित)
Sign. & Name in block letters and design of the head of office with stamp
दूरभाष/Telephone NO. …………………………..
प्रमाणित किया जाता है कि—————————————————–स्वर्गीय श्री/श्रीमती——————————————- के पुत्र/पुत्री हैं जोs——————————————में सेवारत थे और उनका देहावसान सेवाकाल के दौरान दिनांक———————–को हो गया थाA
यह प्रमाणित किया जाता है कि श्री/श्रीमती——————————————–जो—————————— के माता पिता है उनके वर्तमान वर्ष की 31 मार्च से सात वर्षो के दौरान————————– स्थानांतरण हुए है। एकक/कार्यालय और ऐसी तैनातियों की अवधि का ब्यौरा नीचे दिया गया है, जिसके कारण स्थान बदलना पड़ता है।
Certified that Master/Km…………………………………………is the son/daughter of late Sh./Smt…………………………………………who was employed in the Office/Ministry/Defence service. He/she had died in harness on the…………………………………….
It is further certified that…………………………….(Particulars of son/daughter…………………has/had……………………(No. of posting) transfers during the preceding last seven years from 31st March of the current year. The Unit Office & the duration of such postings involving change of station are given below:-
Place of Posting
ठहरने की अवधि
Period of stay
स्थान एवं दिनांक कार्यालय अध्यक्ष का नाम और हस्ताक्षर (कार्यालय की मोहर)
Station with date Sign. & Name in block letters and design. of the head of office with stamp
पता/Address – ………………………..
दूरभाष /Telephone No………………
टिप्पणी- रक्षा संस्थानो मे काम करने वाले कर्मचारियों के मामले मे सेवा प्रमाण पत्र पर कमान अधिकारी के हस्ताक्षर अपेक्षित है।
Note : The service Certificate should be signed by the officer commanding in case of employees working in defence establishment.
Certificate from priority – 1* candidates for admission
in class I, in Kendriya Vidyalayas
I,(Smt./Shri)___________________________________(Name)________________________________________________________(rank/designation)of___________________________(unit/ship/Deptt). do hereby certify that during the past 7 years I have been transferred ______times (in figures & in words) from one station to another, the details of which are given as under :-
Whether moved with family
Total Period of stay
Authority of move
I further certify that in case the above-mentioned facts are found incorrect, my child will be disqualified for admission to Kendriya Vidyalaya.
SIGNATURE OF PARENT
PLEASE REFER PRIORITIES PRESCRIBED IN ADMISSION GUIDELINES.
(Countersigned by Commanding Officer / controlling Officer of the Rank of Colonel OR Equivalent)
I, Sh.—————————————————————————rank/designation——————————————————name——————————————-unit/ship/department———————————————-hereby certify that the particulars given in para 1 have been authenticated by the records held in the office and found to be correct.
(SIGNATURE OF THE CO/OC UNIT/CONTROLLING OFFICER)
1. Minimum period of posting/stay at a place should be six months.
2. Form to be signed by an officer not below the level of Colonel or equivalent in Navy/Air Force/Para-Military Forces.
3. In case the CO is below the rank of Colonel, the form be signed by the Station Commander/Colonel/Colonel in a station.
Format for Recommendations to be made by Hon’ble
Members of Parliament.
KVS NO. ———————————
(NAME & ADDRESS OF THE MP)
I am to refer to your letter No. F. 110331/02/2012-KVS (Hq)/SP.Disp/MP. Dated-11.5.2010 regarding recommendations for admissions of the children in Kendriya Vidyalayas under Special Dispensation and recommend the following six names whose particulars are given below:
Name of the Child
Name of KV
The above two recommendations are for the session 2013-14 and the parents are the resident of my constituency.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan
18, Institutional Area
Shaheed Jeet Singh Marg