IIT and NIT Admissions – Two New Pattern of exams – JEE(Main) and JEE (Advanced)
This is an important Press Release issued by CBSE for all Students aspiring for Engineering Degree from Central Government Sponsored Premier Institutions such as IIT, IIIT, NIT etc and their Parents.
As per the new procedures envisaged in this press Release the Government has completely changed the admission procedures for NIT, IIT etc from the year 2013.
New System for Admission to IIT and NIT:
- Students who want to pursue higher education in NITs, IIITs and IITs in India should appear for JEE (Main) 2013 (paper I of erstwhile AIEEE).
- The candidates who are aspiring for B.Arch / B/Planning should appear for one more paper in JEE (Main).
- A rank list would be prepared based on JEE (Main).
- Only 1,50,000 of the top rank holders in JEE (Main) which includes candidates from all categories such as general, OBC, SC, ST etc., will be eligible to appear for JEE (Advanced) exam (This exam is at par with erstwhile IIT-JEE conducted earlier for admission in to IITs in India).
- Again a separate rank list would be prepared based JEE (advanced).
- Admission to All courses in NIT, IIIT and Other Institutions for which AIEEE rank was applicable earlier will now be based on Rank list in JEE (Main) exam.
- Like wise admission to all courses in IITs and other Institutions for which IIT (JEE) rank was applicable earlier will now be based on Rank list JEE (Advanced) exam.
The full text of the press release dated 07.09.2012 issued by CBSE is as follows
CENTRAL BOARD OF SECONDARY EDUCATION
Secretariat JEE Apex Board
P.S.-1-2, Institutional Area, IP Extn., Patparganj, Delhi-110092
7th Sep 2012
In pursuance of MHRD’s directions and subsequent decision of the JEE Apex Board on JEE (Main) and (Advanced) held on 25.08.2012, the JEE (Main) Examination, 2013 (hitherto known as AIEEE – Paper I) for admissions to B.E./B.Tech courses at NITs, IIITs, DTU, Delhi and other CFTIs will be held during April, 2013.
The JEE (Main) (Paper I of earlier AIEEE) for B.E./B.Tech will be held in two modes, viz., offline and online (CBT). The offline examination for JEE (Main) will be held on 7th April, 2013 and the online examinations will be held thereafter in April, 2013.
The examination (Paper II of earlier AIEEE) for admissions to B.Arch/B.Planning courses at NITs, IIITs, DTU, Delhi and other CFTIs will be held on 7th April, 2013 in offline mode only.
The merit list for admission to NITs, IIITs, DTU, Delhi and other CFTIs will be prepared by giving 40% weightage (suitably normalised) to class XII (or equivalent examination) or other qualifying examination marks and 60% to the performance in JEE (Main) Examination.
The JEE (Main)-2013 (Paper I of earlier AIEEE) will have one objective type question paper. The paper will consist of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. The duration of the paper will be 3 (Three) Hours. The Paper II for admissions to B.Arch/B.Planning courses at NITs, IIITs, DTU, Delhi and other CFTIs will have one Question Paper consisting of Mathematics, Aptitude Test and Drawing Test as per past practice of AIEEE. The duration of the paper will be 3 (Three) Hours. Detailed bulletin is being prepared and will be published shortly.
Only 1,50,000 of the top rankers in JEE (Main), which includes students from all categories (GE, OBC (NCL), SC and ST) will be eligible to appear in JEE (Advanced)-2013 (hitherto known as IIT-JEE) for admission to IITs, IIT BHU and ISM Dhanbad. Notice in this regard has been issued by the IIT system separately.
AIEEE conducted earlier by the CBSE would now be known as JEE (Main). For any clarification regarding JEE (Main) 2013 , kindly mail your query to firstname.lastname@example.org