Instructions regarding payment of ex-gratia lump sum compensation payable to families of Govt. Employees who die in harness in the performance of their bona fide official duties under various circumstances as contained in Deptt. Of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare’s OM. No.45/55/97-P&PW(C) dated 11.09.1998. O.M. NO.38/37/08-P&PW(A) dated 02-09-2008 and O.M. No. 45/7/2008-P&PW(F) dated 16-03-2009 (adopted in Board’s office vide above referred letters) as amended from time to time, have now been suitably revised by Deptt. Of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare vide their O.M. No. 45/7/2008-P&PW(F) dated 12th July,2010. A copy of the same is sent herewith for information and guidance. The orders contained therein will apply mutatis-mutandis to Railway employees also.
2. This order will take effect from 01-01-2006.
3. All other terms and conditions mentioned in the Deptt. Of Pension and Pensioners’ Welfare’s O.M. dated 11th Sept., 1998 circulated vide Board’s letter dated 05-11-1999 (RBE No.285/99) shall remain unchanged.
The full text of Office Memorandum No: 45/7/2008-P&PW(F) dated 12.07.2010 issued by Ministry of personnel Public Grievances and Pensions is produced below.
No. 45/7/2008-P&PW (F)
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel Public Grievances and Pensions
Department of Pension and Pensioners Welfare
3rd Floor, Lok Nayak Bhawan
Khan Market, New Delhi-100 003
Dated 12th July, 2010
Subject:- Implementation of the Government’s decision on the recommendation of the Sixth CPC – Revision of provisions regulating special benefits in the cases of Death and Disability in service — payment of ex-gratin lump sum compensation to families of central Govt. employees — modification regarding.
The undersigned is directed to say that in this Department’s Office Memorandum of even number dated 16th March, 2009, it was provided that ex-gratia lump sum compensation to the families of deceased Government servants including from sundry Government sources, such as the Prime Minister’s Relief Fund, Chief Minister’s Relief Fund, etc. should not exceed the aggregate of Rs.20 lakhs in each individual case. Para 12 of Annexe to this Departments OM 45/55/97-P&PW(C) dated 11th September,1998 was modified to that extent.
2. The matter has been further reviewed and it has now been decided that there will be no ceiling for grant of ex-gratia lump sum compensation in terms of Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare’s OM No. OM 45/55/97-P&PW(C) dated 11th September, 1998 read with OM No.38/37/08-P&PW(A) dated 2nd September, 2008 and OM No.45/7/2008-P&PW (F) dated 16th March, 2009.
3. The above revised provision will be effective from 1.I.2006.
4. All other terms and conditions in the OM. dated 11th September, 1998 shall remain unchanged.
5. This issues with the concurrence of the Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure U.O. No. 361/EV/2010 dated 4th June, 2010
6. In so for as persons serving in the Indian Audit & Accounts Department, these orders issue after consultation with the Comptroller & Auditor General of India.