Articles you may Like
F. No. 06111/2012-CS-I(S)
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
2nd Floor, Lok Nayak Bhavan,
Khan Market, New Delhi-1IO003,
Dated the 23rd August, 2012
Subject: Promotion of Assistant to the Grade of Section Officer of Central Secretariat Service (CSS) on ad-hoc basis.
The undersigned is directed to refer to this Department’s OM No. 6/5/2011-CS-I(S) dated 04th October, 2011 and OM No. 6/9/2010-CS-I(S) dated 31 st January, 2012 on the subject mentioned above.
2. In view of the number of posts lying vacant in the Section Officers’ Grade in various Ministries/Departments mainly due to court cases and pending LDCE for the Year 2009/2010/2011, it has been decided that eligible Assistants upto S. No. 494 of CSL 2003 of Assistant Grade as issued vide DOP&T’s OM No. 7/4/2010-CS-I(A) dated 12th July, 2012 may be promoted to the Grade of Section Officer on ad-hoc basis to the extent of vacant posts available in the Cadre Units as on 1st August, 2012. The ad-hoc promotion/appointment would be subject to the following conditions:-
(i) The period of ad-hoc promotion would be upto 31st December, 2012 or till the regular Section Officers are made available, whichever is earlier;
(ii) The ad-hoc appointments shall not confer on the appointees any right to continue in the Grade indefinitely or for inclusion in the Select List of Section Officer for regular appointment or to claim seniority in the Section Officer Grade of CSS;
(iii) Ad-hoc appointments would continue till regular candidates in Section Officer Grade are available either through Seniority Quota or Limited Departmental Competitive Examination (LDCE). In the event of the ad-hoc appointees not qualifying for regular appointment in either of these two categories, they will be reverted to the Assistants’ Grade on availability of such regular officers from the date they (regular Section Officers) join duty in their respective Cadre Units allotted to them by this Department;
(iv) The effective date of ad-hoc promotion in respect of those found fit and clear from vigilance angle would be the date from which the officer concerned joins duty in Section Officers’ Grade in his own Cadre Unit.
3. If any of the Officers, who is eligible for promotion in Section Officer Grade on adhoc basis and is on deputation, he/she may be given option to revert within 15 days with a view to avail themselves of the promotion on ad-hoc basis, failing which their ad-hoc promotion is liable to be cancelled and next person due for promotion may be promoted on ad-hoc basis.
4. All the Cadre Units are requested to take urgent action to conduct DPCs by 15th September, 2012 in respect of all the Assistants within the Zone prescribed as at Para 2 supra and to promote eligible Assistants to the Grade of Section Officer on ad-hoc basis to the extent of vacancies available upto 1st August, 2012 as per their seniority in the Assistant Grade. A copy of the appointment order may be endorsed to this Department.
5. The recommendations of the DPC in respect of the remaining eligible Assistants in the above zone, who are clear from vigilance angle and could not be promoted within the Cadre Unit due to lack of vacancies, may be forwarded to this Division by 1st October. 2012 so that they could be promoted against existing vacancies in SO Grade elsewhere.
6. After the completion of the process as indicated in Para 4 & 5 above, all the Cadre Units are requested to convey the following information by 1 st October, 2012 :-
(i) The details of the Assistants promoted on ad-hoc basis in SO Grade after the issue of this order (Annexure- I).