Features of Web Based Software solution for Cadre Management of CSS
Who can use this online system?
- CS Division, DoPT
- AVD.I Division, DoPT
- Ministries/ Departments – Nodal officers
- Individual CSS Officers
Individual CSS Officers can view their data and make requests, file returns such as Annual Property return, lodge grievances, view orders related to them and also file applications for voluntary retirement.
The full text of this OM dated 04.02.2013 issued by DOPT is as follows
No. 21/11/2010-CS.I (U)
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pension
Department of Personnel & Training
2nd Floor, Lok Nayak Bhawan,
Khan Market, New Delhi
Dated : 4th February 2013
Subject: Launching of Web Based software solution for Cadre Management of CSS
The undersigned is to refer to this Department’s d.o. letter of even number dated 15th June 2012 and subsequent communications on the subject mentioned above. CS Division, Department of Personnel & Training is the cadre controlling authority for the three Central Secretariat Services viz. Central Secretariat Service (CSS),Central Secretariat Stenographers Service (CSSS) and Central Secretariat Clerical Service (CSCS). The cadre management functions of these services are being carried out through paper communications. It involves manual updatation of data by keeping track of each and every cadre management activity which is found to be a cumbersome task and unreliable as many of the orders issued by Ministries/Departments for posting/ transfer/ relieving on deputation / disciplinary proceedings are not received by CS Division. Absence of accurate, updated information leads to delay in carrying out cadre management activities and avoidable reworking.
2. To obviate various difficulties presently being faced in the cadre management activities, this Department has undertaken the task of development of a web based cadre management system for the three Central Secretariat Services. The software has since been developed and is being tested at CS Division level.
3. The software has also been hosted in a test server at URL http://10.21.145.125 The system is intended for the following users:
(i) CS Division, DoPT and AVD.I Division, DoPT – being cadre controlling authority and disciplinary authority for CSS Officers. CS Division will function as the administrator of the software.
(ii) Ministries/ Departments – Nodal officers can view the data in respect of officers under their administrative control and forward applications of officers for cadre clearance/VRS. Further, all the cadre management activities such as monitoring of submission of immovable property returns and APAR of officers under their administrative control, relieving and joining orders of officers, training, encadrement proposals, seeking vigilance clearance from AVD.I Division and from their own vigilance Division can be undertaken through the system.
(iii) Individual CSS Officers They can view their data and make requests for cadre clearance for deputation through on-line system. They can also file annual Immovable Property Return, lodge grievances; view orders related to them and file applications for voluntary retirement. Officers can login to the system with the userid which is a combination of six digit date of birth followed by first four letters of their name i.e.: ddmmyyabcd. Officers may contact the nodal officers concerned for password for login to the system. They may change the password at their discretion.
4. Incomplete Data Ministries/ Departments may appreciate that the software can be fully operationalised for cadre management activities only if the complete and accurate data in respect of all the CSS Officers are available in the system. However, despite twelve reminders in the past six months, data in respect of about 7300 CSS Officers have only been received till date. Data in respect of about 3000 employees are yet to be received. Data in respect of few of the officers is also not complete. It may be appreciated that in the absence of complete and accurate data, it is not possible to fully utilize the software for all cadre management activities envisaged for its development.
5. Correctness of Data Ministries/ Departments and individual CSS officers should, therefore, immediately visit the website to check if their complete and updated data is available in the system. All CSS Officers should take a print out of their data and certify that the same is complete and correct in all respects. A copy of the data sheet duly certified for its correctness both by the individual officer and the Ministry/ Department concerned should be forwarded to CS.I Division of this Department for records. Further, if the data of any officer is not available in the system, the same should be forwarded in the MS Access sheet to this Department without any delay, considering the fact that sufficient time has already been given and the delay reflects very poorly on the officer and the Ministry/ Department concerned. Officers concerned are also informed if their complete and accurate data is not available in the system any request for cadre clearance for deputation, training etc. will not be considered. Further, their names may also get excluded from the zone of promotion. Accordingly, all officers in their own interest are advised to ensure that their data complete in all respects is available in the system. Once complete data is available in the system, this Department will issue posting, transfer and promotion orders only through the system. Similarly, thereafter, the Ministries/ Departments will issue orders for relieving/ joining, appointment on promotion etc. only through the system.
6. Nodal Officers The details of nodal officers as intimated by Ministries/ Departments are at Annexure. The same may please be confirmed so that userid and password can be e-mailed to them. Ministries/ Departments may nominate two-three nodal officers viz, for Administration issues and vigilance related matters.
7. To start with w.e.f. 1.3.2013, CS.I Division, DoPT will entertain requests for cadre clearance for deputation in respect of US and above officers only through the system. Once complete/accurate data in respect of all CSS officers is available, it will be extended to other cadre management activities.
8. Improvements if any required in the software may please be brought to the notice of this Department urgently for consideration. This Department will also shortly organize workshops to nodal officers to clear doubts about the web based cadre management system. Further, a detailed manual will also be brought out shortly for guidance.
Joint Secretary to the Govt. of India