Articles you may Like
Appointment of Assistants (DR) of Central Secretariat Service based on Combined Graduate Level Examination
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
2nd Floor, Lok Nayak Bhavan,
Khan Market, New Delhi -110003
the 16th October, 2012
SUBJECT: Appointment of Assistants (DR) of Central Secretariat Service based on Combined Graduate Level Examination– reg.
The undersigned is directed to inform that the procedure for joining and imparting training (Foundation Course) to DR Assistants of CSS as enunciated in Department of Personnel & Training OM No. 4/11/2005-CS-1 dated 15.12.2006 and OM No. 1/1/2009-CS1 (Trg) dated 24.2.2010 has been re-visited by this Department in consultation with various stake holders. Based on the suggestions and feedback, it has been decided to adopt a revised design of joining procedure for DR Assistants and their nomination for Foundation course from this year onwards. The modalities of the revised design are detailed below: –
2(i) After the receipt of dossiers of candidates from the SSC, CS-I pision of DoP&T would allocate the candidates to different Ministries/Departments (hereinafter Cadre Units), who shall be responsible for completing the pre and post appointment formalities, viz. police verification, medical examination etc in respect of the DR Assistants allocated to them. The cadre units shall also be issuing offers of appointments to the DR Assistants after completing pre appointment formalities, delineating in clear terms, inter aka, the mandatory nature of Foundation Course and its direct linkage to their probation period and their subsequent confirmation.
(ii) The Cadre Units will immediately inform the CS pision about the DR Assistants who join the allocated Cadres. Based on the joining information of these DR Assistants in the Cadre Units, CS-I pision will nominate them in batches of 100-120 for their Foundation Course programme at 1STM for a period of 12 weeks.
(iii) Once CS pision nominates DR Assistants for the training, they shall stand relieved from the concerned Cadre Units. No formal relieving order would be required to be issued. It is once again reiterated that the cadre units shall indicate in unambiguous terms in the offer of appointment that successful completion of training is mandatory for completing the probation by the DR Assistants and their confirmation.
(iv) The existing instructions on the subject which inter alia provides that Assistants who qualify Combined Graduate Level Examination (hereinafter CGLE) would be directly nominated to ISTM for undergoing Foundation Course training thus stand superseded with the revised design spelt out in above paragraph.
(v) The successful candidates recommended by Staff Selection Commission based on the CGLE-2011 are accordingly allocated to various Cadre Units as detailed in the Annexure.
3. Till now all the pre appointment formalities were being carried out centrally by the CS pision of DoP&T, concerned District Authorities were requested for verification of character and antecedents of the candidates qualified as DR Assistants through CGLE-2011. Concerned District Medical Officers/Chief Medical Officers were also requested to conduct the medical examination of the candidates. Verification Reports and Medical Certificates received till date from the authorities are placed in the respective dossiers. For those candidates who are already in Government service, their present employers had been requested to furnish copies of Verification/Medical Report. These reports wherever received are placed in the respective dossiers of the candidates. Verification/Medical Reports received in CS pision after dispatch of dossiers will be sent to concerned Cadre Units as and when the same are received.
4. In terms of this Department's OM No. 16/11/93-CS.I dated November 26, 1993 if offer of appointment is issued after completion of pre-appointment formalities, the time period allowed to join the post should in no case exceed three months. This condition should also be incorporated in the offer of appointment. The Cadre Units may accordingly issue the offers of appointment immediately to those candidates whose verification and medical reports have been received. Where the verification reports are yet to be received, Cadre Units may pursue the matter with concerned District Authorities to expedite the matter so as to ensure that the candidates are appointed at the earliest.
5. The original certificates with references to date of birth and educational qualification etc. shall be verified before appointments are made by the Cadre authorities. Copies of certificates submitted by candidates claiming to belong to the SC/ST/OBC etc in support of their claim have been added to their respective dossiers. These claims may also be verified by the Cadre Units concerned.
6. 1STM has scheduled to start the 1st batch of Foundational Training Programme for DR Assistant for about 120 candidates from 21st November 2012 for a duration of 12 weeks. As such, Cadre Units are requested to issue offers appointment in clear cases without any delay and inform the CS pision about the joining of the candidates so that timely action in the matter of conduct of the scheduled Foundation Course Programme may be taken.
7. In case of any doubt or suspicion as regards the eligibility or otherwise in respect of any of the recommended/appointed candidates, concerned administrative Ministry/Department may correspond with the Staff Selection Commission giving therein complete details for getting such case(s) enquired through appropriate Government Agency.