Articles you may like to read
- Reimbursement of medical claims to pensioners under CS (MA) Rules, 1944 as directed by various CAT / Courts
- Central Government Employees can opt between CGHS and CS(MA) when they retire – High Court Order
- Lakshmi Hospital, Ernakulam approved for treatment under CS(MA) Rules, 1944
- Recognition of Pawana Hospital, Pune under CS (MA) Rules, 1944
Central Services Medical Attendance Rules – CS(MA) Rules – Time limit for filing medical claims revised to 6 months
Ministry of Health and Family Welfare has issued an OM on Revision of time limit for submission of final claims for reimbursement of medical expenses under CS(MA) Rules, 1944
Government of India
Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
Department of Health & Family Welfare
Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi
Dated 27 May, 2015
Subject: Revision of time limit for submission of final claims for reimbursement of medical expenses under CS(MA) Rules, 1944 -regarding.
The undersigned is directed to refer to OM No.F.29-40/68-MA dated 15.10.1968 in which it was laid down that submission of final claims for reimbursement of medical expenses of Central Government servants in respect of a particular spell of illness should ordinarily be preferred within 3 months from the date of completion of treatment.
2. A representation was received from National Council (Staff Side) to extend the time limit for submission of such medical bills from 3 months to 6 months. The matter was examined in the Ministry and it has been decided that the period of 3 months for submission of medical claims be revised to 6 months. Henceforth, only the cases in which the bills are submitted after 6 months from the date of completion of medical treatment/discharge of the patient from the hospital are required to be taken up for condonation. The power of condonation of such delays and other terms and conditions would be same as enumerated in the OM No.S.l4025/8/99/-MS dated 25.05.1999.
3. This issue with the approval of the competent authority.
(Sunil Kumar Gupta)
Under Secretary to the Govt. of India