Declaration of Assets and Liabilities under Lokpal – Filing Returns before 15th April, 2016
Declaration of Assets and Liabilities under Lokpal – Filing Returns before 15th April, 2016 – DOPT OM in respect of all Group A, Group B and Group C Central Government Employees and PSU Employees
As per section 44 of the Lokpal and Lokayuktas Act, 2013 all Central Government Employees and PSU Employees have to declare Assets and Liabilities in the name of Self, Spouse and Children in the prescribed format. Though the original Act was enacted in 2013, the last date for filing this return under Lokpal was extended many times. As on date, the last date for filing the Assets and Liability Return under Lokpal is 15.04.2016.
The present OM dated 28.03.2016 issued by DOPT states that there will be no more extension of last date as far as filing of Return under Lokpal is concerned.
Checkout the following links for getting entire information on filing return under Lokpal by Central Government Employees
- Appoint Lokpal at earliest, no need to wait for better law – SC to Centre
- Declaration of Assets and Liabilities under Lokpal by Central Government Employees – No need for filing return now
- Centre exempts spouse, children of govt employees from declaring assets under Lokpal
- Lokpal Declaration By Central Government Employees – Last Date Extended Up To 31st Dec
- Lokpal return by Central Government Employees – July 31 deadline to be extended
- Filing of Lokpal return by Railway Employees – Last Date Extended
- Declaration of Assets and Liabilities under Lokpal – last date extended – DOPT OM
- Filing of return under Lokpal by Central Government Employees – Last date extended to 31st July 2016
- Declaration of Assets under Lokpal Act – Last Date may be extended
- Filing of return under Lokpal on or before 15.04.2016 – DOPT latest instructions
- Declaration of Assets and Liabilities by IAS officers under Section 44 of the Lokpal Act
- Filing of return under Lokpal by CSS Officers on or before 15th April 2016
- All Government Employees including Group C and D to file Annual Property Returns
- Lokpal Return by Railway Employees – Last Date Extended
- Extension of last date for filing Return under Lokpal by Railway Employees
- Amendment to Lokpal and Lokayuktas Act for extension of last date for filing declaration
- Lokpal regulations for Central Govt Employees – Parliament Committee to hear views
- Lokpal Return to be filed by Cental Government Employees – Last Date Extended
- Declaration of Assets and Liabilities under Lokpal : Can we expect another extension ?
- Declaration of assets and liabilities under Lokpal – latest instruction of DOPT
- Lokpal return to be filed without waiting for last date
- Return under Lokpal by CSS Officers – Need for early submission
- Timeline for filing Return of Asset and Liabilities under Lokpal
- Asset and Liablities Return under CCS Conduct Rules and Lokpal
- Declaration under Lokpal by CSS Officers online on or before 15th October 2015
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
Department of Personnel and Training
North Block, New Delhi,
28th March, 2016
Subject: Declaration of Assets and Liabilities by public servants under section 44 of the Lokpal and Lokayuktas Act, 2013 —filing of Returns by public servants on or before 15th April, 2016 -regarding
The undersigned is directed to refer to this Department’s O.M. of even number dated 11th October, 2015 on the subject mentioned above whereby it was informed that the last date of furnishing of information relating to assets and liabilities by public servants under section 44 of the Lokpal and Lokayuktas Act, 2013 was extended upto 15.04.2016.
2. In this regard, it is stated that there shall be no further extension of the aforesaid last date i.e. 15.04.2016.
3. The formats to be used for submission of these returns to competent authorities have already been communicated to all concerned vide para-3 of OM of even number dated 18.03.2015. However, a copy of the same is enclosed for ready reference.
4. In this regard, it is informed that :-
i. The first return as on 1st August, 2014 under the Lokpal and Lokayuktas Act, 2013 should be filed on or before the 15th April, 2016
ii. The next return as on 31st March, 2015, under the Lokpal and Lokayuktas Act, 2013 should be filed on or before the 15th April, 2016.
iii. The annual return as on 31st March, 2016 under the Lokpal and Lokayuktas Act, 2013 should be filed on or before 31st July, 2016.
iv. The annual return for subsequent years as on 31st March every year should be filed on or before 31st July of that year.
5. All Ministries/Departments and cadre authorities are requested to kindly issue order towards ensuring compliance of above timelines by all officers and staff in the respective Ministry/Department/Organizations/PSUs under their control. This OM may be given wide publicity including publishing the same on the respective websites of Ministry/Department /Organization/PSU.
Encl: As above.
Joint Secretary to the Govt. of India