Articles you may like to read
- Draft Consolidated Model Conduct, Discipline and Appeal (CDA) Rules for CPSEs.
- Appointment in central government using fake or forged certificates – compilation of orders
- Compassionate Appointment for Gramin Dak Sevak in revised Scheme
- Employee who joined with fake Caste Certificates will be dismissed – DOPT Order
Declaration of Assets and Liabilities under Lokpal and Lokayuktas Act 2013 – Last date extended to 31st July 2016 – DOPT Office Memorandum on the basis of gazette notification dated 11.04.2016
No. 407/ 12/2014-AVD-IV(B)
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
Department of Personnel and Training
North Block, New Delhi,
12th April, 2016
Subject: Declaration of Assets and Liabilities by public servants under section 44 of the Lokpal and Lokayuktas Act, 2013 -filing of Returns by public servants Extension of last date – regarding.
The undersigned is directed to refer to this Department’s O.M. of even number dated 28th March, 2016 on the subject mentioned and to say that the last date for furnishing of declaration/information/annual return as on 01.08.2014 and 31.03.2015 relating to assets and liabilities by public servants under section 44 of the Lokpal and Lokayuktas Act, 2013 has been extended up to 31.07.2016. This would result in aligning the furnishing of all the three returns ( as on 01.08.2014, 31.03.2015 and 31.03.2016), on or before the 31st July, 2016. In this regard, a copy of Gazette Notification dated 11th April, 2016 is enclosed. Now the timelines for filing these returns are:-
i. The first return of assets and liabilities as on 1st August, 2014 under the Lokpal and Lokayuktas Act, 2013 – on or before the 31st July, 2016
ii. The next annual return of assets and liabilities as on 31st March, 2015 under the Lokpal and Lokayuktas Act, 2013 – on or before the 31st July, 2016.
iii. The annual return of assets and liabilities as on 31st March, 2016 under the Lokpal and Lokayuktas Act, 2013 should be filed on or before 31st July, 2016.
iv. The annual return for subsequent years as on 31st March every year should be filed on or before 3 lst July of that year.
2. All Ministries/Departments and cadre authorities are requested to kindly issue order towards ensuring compliance of above timelines by all officers and staff in the respective Ministry/Department/Organizations/PSUs etc. under their control.
Encl: As above.