Articles you may like to read
- CGHS and CSMA Rules – Revision Rates for Knee and Hip implants
- PCDA Circular on granting Fixed Medical Allowance in the places not covered by CGHS
- New CGHS Wellness Center opened at Aizawl – CGHS Notification
- CGHS – Prescription of Generic Medicine in Legible Handwriting – Guidelines to Medical Officers of CGHS
SMS facility for Indented Medicines to CGHS Beneficiaries
The service of SMS facility for indented medicines is now provided by NIC to CGHS beneficiaries with effect from 6.7.2012. This information was given by the Minister Shri.Ghulam Nabi Azad in Lok Sabha.
SMS facility has been started since 6th July 2012. Currently the service is provided by NIC, free to CGHS.
The beneficiaries are given the printout of prescription by doctors, which carries the details whether the medicine is available in the Wellness Centre or is indented.
SMS facility has been started
- (i) As a deterrent against misuse of CGHS card by unauthorized persons.
- (ii) As a good will gesture that CGHS takes care of the beneficiaries.
Currently the service is provided by NIC, free to CGHS.