Articles you may like to read
- CGHS and CSMA Rules – Revision Rates for Knee and Hip implants
- PCDA Circular on granting Fixed Medical Allowance in the places not covered by CGHS
- Restoration of Full Pension for Armed Forces Pensioner absorbed in PSU
- 7th Pay Commission Pension Fixation for Pre-2016 Armed Forces Commissioned Officers and Family Pensioners
Revision of Income limit for providing CGHS coverage to family members – Whether Dearness Relief to be reckened with to calculate income – Contrdiction in the instructions issued
Government of India.
Ministry of Defence
Sena Phavan, New Delhi
Dated, 30th December, 2014
Subject: Revision of Income limit for dependency for the purpose of providing CGHS coverage to family members of the CGHS covered employees subsequent to implementation of recommendations of the VI CPC-Clarification
The undersigned is directed to refer to the above mentioned subject and to state as follow:
As per MoH&FW OM No S-11012/1/98-CGHS(P) dated 10.12.2008 issued with the concurrence of Dept of Expenditure vide ID No_ 566/EY/2008 dated 4.11.2008- “It has been decided , in consultation with the Department of Expenditure, to revise the income limit for the purpose of providing CGHS coverage to the family members of the CGHS covered Central Government employees to Rs. 3500/- Plus at the amount of dearness relief on bask pension of Rs_ 3500/- as on the date of consideration.
The income limit for dependency of Rs. 3500/- plus amount of the dearness relief on the basic pension of Rs, 3500/- as- on the date of consideration” shall also be applicable for the eases covered under CS(MA)1944 Rules, 1944 for the purpose of examining divisibility of family members of the Central Government employees for medical facilities under the Rules.”
2. However, the Note 1 below sub-section 1(1) of Section 4 of Swamy’s Compilation of the Medical Attendance Rule,s as amended vide Deptt of Expenditure ID No. 566/E.V/2008 dated 4.11.2008 states that “A member of the family is treated as dependent only if his/her incomes from all sources including pension/family pension is less than Rs. 3500- (excluding dearness relief on the basis pension of Rs. 3500/-)”.
3. Since, the Note. I below sub-section 1(I) of Section 4 of Swamy’s Compilation of the MA Rules is contradictory to the MOH&FW OM dated 10.12.2008, it is requested that the necessary clarification on the dependency of family members may be furnished to this Ministry immediately.
Under Secretary to the Govt. of India