CGHS facilities to the CPWD officers and staff posted in Delhi Public Works Department (DPWD)
No.28018/1/2013-EW.I(Pt.)Government of IndiaMinistry of Urban DevelopmentWorks DivisionNirman, Bhavan, New DelhiDated the 31st May, 2013
OFFICE MEMORANDUMSubject:- CGHS facilities to the CPWD officers/staff posted in Delhi (PWD) — forwarding of minutes
The undersigned is directed to forward herewith the minutes of the meeting held on 24.5.2013 at 3.00 PM in the Chamber of JS(I,85W) regarding CGHS facilities to the CPWD officers/staff posted in Delhi (PWD).
Director (Works)MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON 24.5.2013 AT 3.00 PM IN THE CHAMBER OF JS(L&WI REGARDING CGHS FACILITIES TO THE CPWD OFFICERS/STAFF POSTED IN DELHI (PWDA.The meeting with regard to the CGHS facilities to the CPWD employees posted in Delhi (PWD) was held as scheduled on 24.5.2013. The following were present:
- Shri Dharmendra, Jt. Secy. MOUD – On the Chair
- Shri K.C. Singh, DDG(HQ) CPWD
- Shri V.P. Singh, Dy. Secy.(CGHS)
- Dr. B. Gupta, JD(HQ)
- Dr. P.K. Malik, Addl. Dir. (DGEHS), GNCTD
- Shri D. Roychowdhury, Dir.(S&D), CPWD
- Shri Robin Adaval, Director (Works), MOUD
- Shri R.C. Meena, Spl. Secy. FW GNCTD
- Shri S.R. Kinra, Director(P), PWD GNCTD
- Shri J.S. Rawat, Consultant (US-EW.I), MOUD2. At the outset (JS(L&W) informed the participants with regard to the CPWD officers/staff posted in Delhi(PWD) not being allowed the CGHS facility though they are Central Government employees. It was clarified that the CPWD employees are posted to Delhi(PWD) as an existing arrangement wits the Delhi Government and not on deputation basis and also being UT with legislature.3. It was clarified by Jt. Director (HOr.), CGHS, M/o H&FW that. this issue was examined earlier also and since the CPWD employees posted in Delhi(PWD) receive their salary from the State Account, so they are not covered under the CGHS Scheme. Officers drawing pension through Cent Pension Accounting Office are being allowed the CGHS DS(CGHS), M/o H&FW, however, further clarified that the CGHS Scheme is meant for the Central Government employees drawing their salary from the Central Civil Estimates. In case the CPWD employees posted in Dellii(PWID) are also drawing their salaries from out of the Central Civil Estimates, extending CGHS facility to them may not be a problem.4. Addl. Director DGEHS, Govt. of Delhi clarified that the Delhi Govt. Health Scheme is also equally good and is working on the same footing as in the CGHS. It provides almost all facilities to its employees as is being provided under the CGHS.
5. JD(HQ), CGHS, further clarified that in case the CPWD employees are drawing their pension from the Central Pension Accounting Office, the CGHS facilities would be extended to each and every CPWD employee. The only requirement would be that they will have to produce the PPO issued by CPAO.
6. It was, therefore, decided that the serving CPWD employees posted with Delhi(PWD) will continue to avail Delhi Govt. Employees HealthScheme, and upon retirement from Delhi Govt. would be allowed CGHS facility on production of the PPO issued by Central Pension Accounting Office.
The meeting ended with thanks to the Chair.