TA on Transfer – Composite Transfer and Packing Grant (CTG) recommended for 80% of last month’s Basic Pay and 100 % for transfer to and from the island territories of Andaman, Nicobar and Lakshadweep
Presently it has four components: (a) Travel entitlement similar to Travelling Allowance, (b) Composite Transfer and Packing grant (CTG), (c) Reimbursement of charges on transportation of personal effects, and (d) Reimbursement of charges on transportation of conveyance.
Personnel posted in Island Territories have sought higher CTG on account of greater expenditure involved in transferring their household goods to and from the mainland.
Besides other demands for increase in entitlements, it has been brought to the notice of the Commission that when transfer is from a Class Z city to another Class Z city, the reimbursement for transportation of personal effects is granted at a lower rate compared to when the transfer is to a Class X or Class Y city. Uniformity has been sought in this regard.
Analysis and Recommendations
Each of the four components is discussed separately:
a. Travel entitlement–This is discussed under the topic of “Travelling Allowance.”
b. Composite Transfer and Packing Grant (CTG)–The Commission notes that CTG is payable to both serving as well as retiring employees upon their transfer at a similar rate of one month’s Basic Pay last drawn. In line with our general approach of rationalizing the percentage based allowances by a factor of 0.8, it is recommended that CTG should be paid at the rate of 80 percent of last month’s Basic Pay. However, for transfer to and from the island territories of Andaman, Nicobar and Lakshadweep, CTG may continue to be paid at the rate of 100 percent of last month’s Basic Pay. Presently NPA and MSP are included as a part of Basic Pay while determining entitlement for grant of CTG. The Commission finds no justification for doing so, as the expenditure and inconvenience involved in relocation on transfer/retirement is similar for all employees. Hence, no other add-ons should be allowed in Basic Pay while calculating CTG.
c. Reimbursement of charges on transportation of personal effects–The following provisions are recommended:
Rate for Transportation by Road
12 and above
6000 kg by goods train/4 wheeler wagon/1 double container
₹50 per km
6 to 11
6000 kg by goods train/4 wheeler wagon/1 single container
₹50 per km
₹25 per km
4 and below
₹15 per km
The rates will further increase by 25 percent each time DA rises by 50 percent.
The Commission notes that rates for transportation by road are already on a per km basis, and finds no merit in differentiating between classes of cities for this purpose. Hence, considerations of class of city have been done away with.
d. Reimbursement of charges on transportation of conveyance–The present provisions to this effect are adequate. Accordingly, the following is recommended:
6 and above
One motor car etc. or one motorcycle/scooter
5 and below
Also checkout following for more topic wise details on 7th Pay Commission Report
- 7th Pay Commission Pension for Pre-2016 Pensioners – CPAO instructions
- 7th Pay Commission Pension fixation based on Notional Pay – Procedure envisaged by Finance Ministry
- Revision of 7th Pay Commission Pension on notional pay – Confederation’s Analysis
- 7th Pay Commission Pension Fixation based on notional pay fixed in 7th Pay Commission Pay Matrix – Illustrations
- Revised 7th Pay Commission Pension fixation for Pre-2016 Pensioners and Family Pensioners – Orders issued
- 7th Pay Commission related expenditure may be met by Income Disclosure II
- Payment of arrears on ad-hoc basis of pay to Defence Forces
- Who are entitled to 7th Pay Commission additional Bunching increment ?
- 7th Pay Commission Latest News – Increase in Basic Pay meagre but expected gains out of other compensation, a solace
- 7th Pay Commission – Revision in 7th CPC report expected to be made by Empowered Committee
- 7th Pay Commission News – Who are to be benefited more in terms of higher pay ?
- 7th Pay Commission report on DA, CEA, FPA, NPA, OTA and other Allowances
- 7th Pay Commission Report on Leave Encashment of Earned Leave
- 7th Pay Commission Latest News – Issues to be addressed
- Family Planning Allowance be abolished – 7th Pay Commission
- 7th Pay Commission’s Report on Leave Travel Concession (LTC)
- 7th Pay Commission’s suggestions on NPS
- 7th Pay Commission Report to be processed by Empowered Committee – Finance Ministry Order
- Heads of NDC, NDA and DSSC institutions should be upgraded to Apex Scale – 7th Pay Commission
- JPA, SPA, Off-set Machine Operator, Machine Man and Electrical Supervisor to get higher grade pay – 7th CPC Recommendations
- Store Keeper (Tech) and Asst Store Keeper to get higher grade pay – 7th CPC Recommendations
- Karnataka Pensioners associations views on 7th Pay Commission Report
- Assistant Research Officer and Senior Research Assistant of CWC to get next higher Grade Pay – 7th Pay Commission
- Comparison of Pay between Central Government Civilian and Defence Forces Officers
- Higher Grade Pay for Railway Commercial clerk, Reservation Clerk and ticket checking staff