Articles you may Like
Changes recommended in MACP Scheme by 7th Pay Commission – Benchmark for MACP to be raised from good to vey good
Frequency of Modified Assured Career Progression (MACP)
7th Pay Commission is of the view that there is no justification for increasing the frequency of MACP and it will continue to be administered at 10, 20 and 30 years as before.
In the new Pay matrix, the employees will move to the immediate next level in the hierarchy. Fixation of pay will follow the same principle as that for a regular promotion in the pay matrix.
MACP will continue to be applicable to all employees up to HAG level except members of Organised Group `A’ Services where initial promotions up to NFSG are time bound and hence assured.
With regard to the benchmark for performance appraisal for MACP as well as for regular promotion, 7th Pay Commission has recommended that in the interest of improving performance level, the same has to be enhanced from ‘Good’ to ‘Very Good.’
In addition, introduction of more stringent criteria such as clearing of departmental examinations or mandatory training before grant of MACP can also be considered by the government.
Withholding Annual Increments of Non-performers
There is a widespread perception that increments as well as upward movement in the hierarchy happen as a matter of course.
The perception is that grant of MACP, although subject to the employee attaining the laid down threshold of performance, is taken for granted.
7th Pay Commission has proposed that employees who do not meet the laid down performance criterion should not be allowed to earn future annual increments.
The Commission has proposed for withholding of annual increments in the case of those employees who are not able to meet the benchmark either for MACP or a regular promotion within the first 20 years of their service.
This will act as a deterrent for complacent and inefficient employees. However, since this is not a penalty, the norms for penal action in disciplinary cases involving withholding increments will not be applicable in such cases. This will be treated as an “efficiency bar”.
Additionally, for such employees 7cpc has also proposed that there could be an option to leave service on similar terms and conditions as prescribed for voluntary retirement.
Promotional hierarchy instead of Grade Pay hierarchy:
MACP Scheme introduced by 6th Pay Commission, provided for career progression in next grade pay hierarchy irrespective of the fact that the next grade pay in hierarchy happens to be the same. The new pay matrix advocated by 7th Pay Commission may rectify this inconsistency as 7th CPC observers that horizontal traversal in the pay matrix on promotion or MACP would take care of promotional hierarchy.
Checkout following links to get more information on the Recommendations of 7th Pay Commission
- 7th Pay Commission Pension for Pre-2016 Pensioners – CPAO instructions
- 7th Pay Commission Pension fixation based on Notional Pay – Procedure envisaged by Finance Ministry
- Revision of 7th Pay Commission Pension on notional pay – Confederation’s Analysis
- 7th Pay Commission Pension Fixation based on notional pay fixed in 7th Pay Commission Pay Matrix – Illustrations
- Revised 7th Pay Commission Pension fixation for Pre-2016 Pensioners and Family Pensioners – Orders issued
- 7th Pay Commission related expenditure may be met by Income Disclosure II
- Payment of arrears on ad-hoc basis of pay to Defence Forces
- Who are entitled to 7th Pay Commission additional Bunching increment ?
- 7th Pay Commission Latest News – Increase in Basic Pay meagre but expected gains out of other compensation, a solace
- 7th Pay Commission – Revision in 7th CPC report expected to be made by Empowered Committee
- 7th Pay Commission News – Who are to be benefited more in terms of higher pay ?
- 7th Pay Commission report on DA, CEA, FPA, NPA, OTA and other Allowances
- 7th Pay Commission Report on Leave Encashment of Earned Leave
- 7th Pay Commission Latest News – Issues to be addressed
- Family Planning Allowance be abolished – 7th Pay Commission
- 7th Pay Commission’s Report on Leave Travel Concession (LTC)
- 7th Pay Commission’s suggestions on NPS
- 7th Pay Commission Report to be processed by Empowered Committee – Finance Ministry Order
- Heads of NDC, NDA and DSSC institutions should be upgraded to Apex Scale – 7th Pay Commission
- JPA, SPA, Off-set Machine Operator, Machine Man and Electrical Supervisor to get higher grade pay – 7th CPC Recommendations
- Store Keeper (Tech) and Asst Store Keeper to get higher grade pay – 7th CPC Recommendations
- Karnataka Pensioners associations views on 7th Pay Commission Report
- Assistant Research Officer and Senior Research Assistant of CWC to get next higher Grade Pay – 7th Pay Commission
- Comparison of Pay between Central Government Civilian and Defence Forces Officers
- Higher Grade Pay for Railway Commercial clerk, Reservation Clerk and ticket checking staff
Source: 7th Pay Commission report