7th CPC recommends higher grade pay for Assistant Station Master (ASM) after upgradation of ASM to SM. ASM post to be abolished
7th Pay Commission has recommended higher grade pay for Asst Station Master after upgradation as Station Master.
The cadre of Station Masters, nearly 39,000 strong, is one of the visible faces of Indian Railways. They are connected with working of traffic, commercial duties like issue of tickets, goods handling, parcel handling, accounting of station earnings. They are also responsible for proper co-ordination between personnel of different departments posted at the station. Theirs is presently a three-tier structure:
Station Superintendent (SS)
Station Master (SM)
Assistant Station Master (ASM)
Some major stations have posts of Station Superintendent (Gazetted).
Presently the mode of recruitment is as follows:
· SS–100 percent promotional
· SM–10 percent through Limited Departmental Competitive Examination (LDCE), from serving non-ministerial graduates of Commercial and Traffic Departments; 15 percent+Shortfall against LDCE through Direct Recruitment from the open market; 75 percent through promotions from ASM
· ASM–25 percent through General Selection from specified serving matriculates in GP 1800, 1900, 2400 and 2800; 15 percent+Shortfall against General Selection through LDCE (from employees of specified categories of Commercial and Traffic Departments with qualification of graduation and a minimum service of 5 years for Group D staff); 60 percent+Shortfall against LDCE through Direct Recruitment from the open market.
There is a demand to upgrade ASMs from GP 2800 to GP 4200.
Analysis and Recommendations
The Commission notes that 7 percent of the entire cadre is presently in GP 2800, 53 percent in GP 4200 and 40 percent in GP 4600. Keeping in mind the identical educational qualifications required for the posts of ASM and SM, with practically no difference in the functions performed by them, and the historical importance of the post, it is recommended that the ASMs in GP 2800 should first be upgraded to GP 4200 and then fitted in the revised Pay Matrix. The cadre will then have 60 percent posts in Level 6 and 40 percent in Level 7. The designation of ASM may be abolished. Separate recommendations have been made regarding Dress Allowance to Station Masters. Other demands like grant of Safety and Punctuality Allowance, Outturn Allowance are not justified.
Also checkout following for more topic wise details on 7th Pay Commission Report
- Payment of arrears on ad-hoc basis of pay to Defence Forces
- Who are entitled to 7th Pay Commission additional Bunching increment ?
- 7th Pay Commission Latest News – Increase in Basic Pay meagre but expected gains out of other compensation, a solace
- 7th Pay Commission – Revision in 7th CPC report expected to be made by Empowered Committee
- 7th Pay Commission News – Who are to be benefited more in terms of higher pay ?
- 7th Pay Commission report on DA, CEA, FPA, NPA, OTA and other Allowances
- 7th Pay Commission Report on Leave Encashment of Earned Leave
- 7th Pay Commission Latest News – Issues to be addressed
- Family Planning Allowance be abolished – 7th Pay Commission
- 7th Pay Commission’s Report on Leave Travel Concession (LTC)
- 7th Pay Commission’s suggestions on NPS
- 7th Pay Commission Report to be processed by Empowered Committee – Finance Ministry Order
- Heads of NDC, NDA and DSSC institutions should be upgraded to Apex Scale – 7th Pay Commission
- JPA, SPA, Off-set Machine Operator, Machine Man and Electrical Supervisor to get higher grade pay – 7th CPC Recommendations
- Store Keeper (Tech) and Asst Store Keeper to get higher grade pay – 7th CPC Recommendations
- Karnataka Pensioners associations views on 7th Pay Commission Report
- Assistant Research Officer and Senior Research Assistant of CWC to get next higher Grade Pay – 7th Pay Commission
- Comparison of Pay between Central Government Civilian and Defence Forces Officers
- Higher Grade Pay for Railway Commercial clerk, Reservation Clerk and ticket checking staff
- Assistant Station Master (ASM) to get higher grade pay and upgraded to SM – 7th CPC Recommendations
- Sub Inspectors and Inspectors of CBI to get higher grade pay – 7th CPC Recommendations
- IB ACIO-II and ACIO-I to get higher Grade Pay – 7th Pay Commission
- Senior Technical Assistants to get higher grade pay – 7th CPC Recommendations
- 7th Pay Commission Recommendations for Pensioners
- Junior Agriculture Assistant to get higher grade pay – 7th CPC Recommendations