7th CPC recommends Grade Pay for Assistant Research Officer and Senior Research Assistant of CWC
7th Pay Commission has recommended next higher grade pay for Assistant Research Officer and Senior Research Assistant of CWC
The initial recruitment to the Scientific Cadre is done at the level of Senior Research Assistant in the GP 4200. The next promotional level is Assistant Research Officer in the GP 4600, which is followed by the Group `A’ post of Research Officer in the GP 5400 (PB-3).
They have demanded upgradation of the post of Senior Research Assistant to GP 4600 and that of Assistant Research Officer to the GP 4800, as that would put their hierarchical levels at par with that in Central Soil and Material Research Station (CSMRS), Central Water and Power Research Station (CWPRS) and Central Ground Water Board (CGWB), whose entry levels have the same essential qualification as in CWC. It has been brought out that the parity is all the more necessary as two of the offices, CWPRS and CGWB are subordinate offices of the ministry whereas CWC is an attached office. A comparative hierarchical table on the present position is shown below:
Scientific Posts- CWC
Scientific Posts- CSMRS
Scientific Posts- CWPRS
GP 5400 (PB-3)
100 percent promotion
GP 5400 (PB-3)
20 percent DR with
Degree in Science
GP 5400 (PB-3)
75 percent DR with
EQ–Masters’ Degree in
Science or Engineering
Scientist B (Chemist)
GP 5400 (PB-3)
50 percent DR with EQ- Masters’ Degree in Chemistry and 3 years’ experience.
Assistant Research Officer GP 4600
50 percent DR with EQ of MSC in Chemistry or Agricultural Chemistry or Soil Science with two years’ experience.
EQ: MSc Physics or
EQ : MSc
Senior Technical Assistant
EQ: MSc in Chemistry or Agricultural Chemistry or Soil Science with two years’ experience.
They have also demanded extension of the Modified Flexible Complementing Scheme (MFCS) to their cadre as they are engaged in critical work of monitoring water quality of rivers in India.
Analysis and Recommendations
The Commission has noted that at the entry level the scientific cadre in CWC starts at a lower level as compared to CSMRS, CWPRS and CGWB despite having the same post- graduate level essential qualification. The Commission accordingly recommends that the post of Senior Research Assistant in the attached office of CWC be upgraded to GP 4600. With this upgradation, Senior Research Assistant shall come to lie in the same scale as the promotion post of Assistant Research Officer. The Commission, accordingly, recommends that the post of Assistant Research Officer be placed in the next higher GP 4800. The next higher post in the hierarchy, that of Research Officer will, however, continue to be in GP 5400 (PB-3). Incumbents of this shall be extended only the replacement level of pay. As regards the demand that the scope of MFCS be enlarged to include the scientific cadre of CWC, the Commission recommends that the matter be examined by GoI.
Also checkout following for more topic wise details on 7th Pay Commission Report
- 7th Pay Commission related expenditure may be met by Income Disclosure II
- Payment of arrears on ad-hoc basis of pay to Defence Forces
- Who are entitled to 7th Pay Commission additional Bunching increment ?
- 7th Pay Commission Latest News – Increase in Basic Pay meagre but expected gains out of other compensation, a solace
- 7th Pay Commission – Revision in 7th CPC report expected to be made by Empowered Committee
- 7th Pay Commission News – Who are to be benefited more in terms of higher pay ?
- 7th Pay Commission report on DA, CEA, FPA, NPA, OTA and other Allowances
- 7th Pay Commission Report on Leave Encashment of Earned Leave
- 7th Pay Commission Latest News – Issues to be addressed
- Family Planning Allowance be abolished – 7th Pay Commission
- 7th Pay Commission’s Report on Leave Travel Concession (LTC)
- 7th Pay Commission’s suggestions on NPS
- 7th Pay Commission Report to be processed by Empowered Committee – Finance Ministry Order
- Heads of NDC, NDA and DSSC institutions should be upgraded to Apex Scale – 7th Pay Commission
- JPA, SPA, Off-set Machine Operator, Machine Man and Electrical Supervisor to get higher grade pay – 7th CPC Recommendations
- Store Keeper (Tech) and Asst Store Keeper to get higher grade pay – 7th CPC Recommendations
- Karnataka Pensioners associations views on 7th Pay Commission Report
- Assistant Research Officer and Senior Research Assistant of CWC to get next higher Grade Pay – 7th Pay Commission
- Comparison of Pay between Central Government Civilian and Defence Forces Officers
- Higher Grade Pay for Railway Commercial clerk, Reservation Clerk and ticket checking staff
- Assistant Station Master (ASM) to get higher grade pay and upgraded to SM – 7th CPC Recommendations
- Sub Inspectors and Inspectors of CBI to get higher grade pay – 7th CPC Recommendations
- IB ACIO-II and ACIO-I to get higher Grade Pay – 7th Pay Commission
- Senior Technical Assistants to get higher grade pay – 7th CPC Recommendations
- 7th Pay Commission Recommendations for Pensioners