Articles you may Like
7th Pay Commission Report on Allowances for working on holidays – Holiday Monetary Compensation more than doubled – National Holiday allowance increased by 1.5 times
Employees, who are regularly required to work on holidays, like the employees of Delhi Police and the CISF, are granted an extra month’s pay per year. Employees of other CAPFs are granted extra thirty days’ leave. Some other categories of staff are paid allowances.
1. Holiday Compensatory Allowance
2. Holiday Monetary Compensation
3. National Holiday Allowance
Holiday Compensatory Allowance
It is a compensation for non-gazetted staff of IB who are required to perform duties on holidays and weekends; granted at the rate of one day’s (Basic Pay + DA) for up to thirty days in a financial year. No demands have been received regarding this allowance.
Analysis and Recommendations
The Commission notes that employees in almost all Ministries/Departments are, sometimes, required to work on weekends. They are usually compensated by providing a “compensatory off.” Thus, grant of an allowance for weekend working is not justified.
At the same time, the sensitive, and time bound nature of work done by IB should also be kept in mind. Therefore, it is recommended that the non-gazetted staff of IB, presently covered under Holiday Compensatory Allowance, should, henceforth, be covered by National Holiday Allowance. They will be granted this allowance for up to twelve holidays in a year (including the three National Holidays) at the rates prescribed. Accordingly, Holiday Compensatory Allowance, as a separate allowance, should be abolished.
Holiday Monetary Compensation
This allowance is granted in Department of Posts and is payable to postmen and other departmental staff who are required to perform duty on second holiday if three consecutive holidays occur. The existing rates are:
|Category||Rate of Remuneration|
|Supervisor||Rs.85 per holiday for 4 hours|
|Postal Assistant||Rs.85 per holiday for 4 hours|
|Postmen/Sorting Postmen||Rs.85 per holiday|
|Multi-tasking staff||Rs.60 per holiday for 4 hours|
Demands have been received to increase the rate of this allowance to Rs.600 per holiday.
Analysis and Recommendations
Since the allowance is not DA indexed, it is proposed to raise the amount to Rs.200 per holiday for Supervisors, Postal Assistants and Postmen/Sorting Postmen; and Rs.150 per holiday for Multi-tasking Staff. The rate of allowance will further increase by 25 percent each time DA increases by 50 percent.
National Holiday Allowance
This allowance is paid to non-gazetted Railway employees who are rostered to work on a “National Holiday.” The existing rates are:
|Pay in Pay Band + Grade Pay||Rate|
|up to Rs.7260||Rs.256 per day|
|Rs.7261-Rs.9700||Rs.318 per day|
|Rs.9701 and above (limited to non-gazetted staff)||Rs.420 per day|
There are demands to increase the amount of this allowance to 1.5 x (one day’s Basic Pay + DA)
Analysis and Recommendations
The Commission notes that although there are only three National Holidays, this allowance is granted for twelve days in a year due to operational constraints. Also, the allowance is already partially indexed to the DA. Hence, it is recommended that the amount should be increased by 50 percent to the following:
|Level||Rate of Allowance (per day)|
|1 and 2||Rs.384|
|3 to 5||Rs.477|
|6 to 8 (limited to non-gazetted staff)||Rs.630|
The rate of allowance will further increase by 25 percent each time DA rises by 50 percent.
Checkout following links for more information on 7th Pay Commission Report
- 7th Pay Commission Pension for Pre-2016 Pensioners – CPAO instructions
- 7th Pay Commission Pension fixation based on Notional Pay – Procedure envisaged by Finance Ministry
- Revision of 7th Pay Commission Pension on notional pay – Confederation’s Analysis
- 7th Pay Commission Pension Fixation based on notional pay fixed in 7th Pay Commission Pay Matrix – Illustrations
- Revised 7th Pay Commission Pension fixation for Pre-2016 Pensioners and Family Pensioners – Orders issued
- 7th Pay Commission related expenditure may be met by Income Disclosure II
- Payment of arrears on ad-hoc basis of pay to Defence Forces
- Who are entitled to 7th Pay Commission additional Bunching increment ?
- 7th Pay Commission Latest News – Increase in Basic Pay meagre but expected gains out of other compensation, a solace
- 7th Pay Commission – Revision in 7th CPC report expected to be made by Empowered Committee
- 7th Pay Commission News – Who are to be benefited more in terms of higher pay ?
- 7th Pay Commission report on DA, CEA, FPA, NPA, OTA and other Allowances
- 7th Pay Commission Report on Leave Encashment of Earned Leave
- 7th Pay Commission Latest News – Issues to be addressed
- Family Planning Allowance be abolished – 7th Pay Commission
- 7th Pay Commission’s Report on Leave Travel Concession (LTC)
- 7th Pay Commission’s suggestions on NPS
- 7th Pay Commission Report to be processed by Empowered Committee – Finance Ministry Order
- Heads of NDC, NDA and DSSC institutions should be upgraded to Apex Scale – 7th Pay Commission
- JPA, SPA, Off-set Machine Operator, Machine Man and Electrical Supervisor to get higher grade pay – 7th CPC Recommendations
- Store Keeper (Tech) and Asst Store Keeper to get higher grade pay – 7th CPC Recommendations
- Karnataka Pensioners associations views on 7th Pay Commission Report
- Assistant Research Officer and Senior Research Assistant of CWC to get next higher Grade Pay – 7th Pay Commission
- Comparison of Pay between Central Government Civilian and Defence Forces Officers
- Higher Grade Pay for Railway Commercial clerk, Reservation Clerk and ticket checking staff