7th Pay Commission Report submitted – 23.55% increase in salary when taking increase in allowances also – Net Pay increase is 16%
7th pay commission report Highlights:
- Minimum pay is 18,000/-
- Grade Pay System abolished
- fitment formula will be 2.57. So using present basic pay, 7th CPC pay can be calculated by multiplying the same with 2.57 factor.
- Increase in Military service Pay increased to 16,500
- 3% annual increment
- 52 allowances abolished
- 16% increase in pay
- 23.55% increase overall salary when taking in to increase in allowances also
- 24% increase in Pension
In a bonanza for central government employees, the Seventh Pay Commission on Thursday submitted its final report to Finance Minister Arun Jaitley recommending a 22-23 percent jump in their salary and allowances.
The Pay Commission headed by Justice A K Mathur has suggested a 15 percent increase over the basic salary plus DA for the central government staff. An increase in allowances like HRA has also been recommended.
The total increase will be 23.55 percent of the gross salary (basic plus DA plus allowances). The pay commission has also proposed a status quo on the retirement age of central government employees. Retirement age for central government employees is 60 years now.
The recommendations of the 7th Pay Commission are scheduled to take effect from January 1, 2016.
Besides Chairman, other members of the commission are Vivek Rae, a retired IAS officer of 1978 batch, and Rathin Roy, an economist. Meena Agarwal is secretary of the commission.
The central government constitutes the pay commission every 10 years to revise the pay scale of its employees and often these are adopted by states after some modifications.
The Commission was set up by the UPA government in February 2014 to revise remuneration of about 48 lakh central government employees and 55 lakh pensioners.
The Union Cabinet had extended the term of the panel in August by four months, till December. The 6th Pay Commission was implemented with effect from January 1, 2006.
Checkout following links to get more information on the Recommendations of 7th Pay Commission
- Payment of arrears on ad-hoc basis of pay to Defence Forces
- Who are entitled to 7th Pay Commission additional Bunching increment ?
- 7th Pay Commission Latest News – Increase in Basic Pay meagre but expected gains out of other compensation, a solace
- 7th Pay Commission – Revision in 7th CPC report expected to be made by Empowered Committee
- 7th Pay Commission News – Who are to be benefited more in terms of higher pay ?
- 7th Pay Commission report on DA, CEA, FPA, NPA, OTA and other Allowances
- 7th Pay Commission Report on Leave Encashment of Earned Leave
- 7th Pay Commission Latest News – Issues to be addressed
- Family Planning Allowance be abolished – 7th Pay Commission
- 7th Pay Commission’s Report on Leave Travel Concession (LTC)
- 7th Pay Commission’s suggestions on NPS
- 7th Pay Commission Report to be processed by Empowered Committee – Finance Ministry Order
- Heads of NDC, NDA and DSSC institutions should be upgraded to Apex Scale – 7th Pay Commission
- JPA, SPA, Off-set Machine Operator, Machine Man and Electrical Supervisor to get higher grade pay – 7th CPC Recommendations
- Store Keeper (Tech) and Asst Store Keeper to get higher grade pay – 7th CPC Recommendations
- Karnataka Pensioners associations views on 7th Pay Commission Report
- Assistant Research Officer and Senior Research Assistant of CWC to get next higher Grade Pay – 7th Pay Commission
- Comparison of Pay between Central Government Civilian and Defence Forces Officers
- Higher Grade Pay for Railway Commercial clerk, Reservation Clerk and ticket checking staff
- Assistant Station Master (ASM) to get higher grade pay and upgraded to SM – 7th CPC Recommendations
- Sub Inspectors and Inspectors of CBI to get higher grade pay – 7th CPC Recommendations
- IB ACIO-II and ACIO-I to get higher Grade Pay – 7th Pay Commission
- Senior Technical Assistants to get higher grade pay – 7th CPC Recommendations
- 7th Pay Commission Recommendations for Pensioners
- Junior Agriculture Assistant to get higher grade pay – 7th CPC Recommendations