Articles you may Like
JCM (NC) Staff Side letter to Cabinet Secretary on the meagre increase of 14% of the 7th CPC recommendation – Calls for negotiation and if fails Indefinite Strike from March 2016
Confederation of Central Government Employees has represented that 7th CPC has recommended very less increase in pay compared to other CPCs in the past. Confederation Looks for further negotiation during February 2016 and if it fails it has planned for indefinite Strike from March 2016.
National Joint Council of Action
4, State Entry Road, New Delhi – 110055
December 10, 2015
Shri. Pradip Kumar Sinha
Government of India
Rashtrapati Bhawan Annexe
Subject:- 7th CPC recommendations and Charter of Demands – Reg.
We send herewith our suggestions and demands on the recommendation made by the 7th CPC. As indicated when the undersigned met you on 20th November 2015 the central government employees are extremely agitated over the totally retrograde recommendations of the Commission.
The meagre increase of 14% recommended by the 7th CPC is the lowest ever any pay Commission has made. It was the similar recommendation, we would request you to recall, made by the 2nd CPC that triggered a confrontation of an unprecedented nature, leading to a strike action which lasted for five days in the year 1960. In the background of the fact that the 5th and 6th CPC recommendations had resulted in the wage rise of 31% and 54% respectively, the anger, anguish and frustration of the employees are the natural outcome. Unless the minimum wage is re-determined with all consequential benefits, the discontent will not be capable of being addressed effectively.
It is, therefore, necessary that a meeting of the members of the Standing Committee of JCM NC is convened under your chairmanship immediately to discuss the issues we have incorporated in the enclosed charter. Settlement through bilateral negotiation has become the urgent need and requirement.
I have been directed by the meeting of the NJCA held on 8th December 2015 to convey to you the disappointment and resentment of the employees over the recommendations of the 7th CPC. We expect a bilateral negotiated settlement of the issues without delay from the Government. We request you that a mutually agreeable settlement on the issues are brought about latest by the first week of February 2016. I have been asked by the meeting to inform you that the entire Central Govt Employees under the auspices of National JCA will be constrained to go indefinite strike in the first week of March 2016 if the desired settlement through bilateral discussions is not brought about by the first week of February 2016. To facilitate an early resolution of the issues, we expect the government to set up a Committee of Group of Ministers to negotiate with the NJCA immediately.
We earnestly hope that the Government will effectively intervene and bring about a satisfactory settlement much before the first week of February 2016 and avoid an otherwise inevitable confrontation.
(Shiva Gopal Mishra)
Also checkout following for more topic wise details on 7th Pay Commission Report
- 7th Pay Commission Pension for Pre-2016 Pensioners – CPAO instructions
- 7th Pay Commission Pension fixation based on Notional Pay – Procedure envisaged by Finance Ministry
- Revision of 7th Pay Commission Pension on notional pay – Confederation’s Analysis
- 7th Pay Commission Pension Fixation based on notional pay fixed in 7th Pay Commission Pay Matrix – Illustrations
- Revised 7th Pay Commission Pension fixation for Pre-2016 Pensioners and Family Pensioners – Orders issued
- 7th Pay Commission related expenditure may be met by Income Disclosure II
- Payment of arrears on ad-hoc basis of pay to Defence Forces
- Who are entitled to 7th Pay Commission additional Bunching increment ?
- 7th Pay Commission Latest News – Increase in Basic Pay meagre but expected gains out of other compensation, a solace
- 7th Pay Commission – Revision in 7th CPC report expected to be made by Empowered Committee
- 7th Pay Commission News – Who are to be benefited more in terms of higher pay ?
- 7th Pay Commission report on DA, CEA, FPA, NPA, OTA and other Allowances
- 7th Pay Commission Report on Leave Encashment of Earned Leave
- 7th Pay Commission Latest News – Issues to be addressed
- Family Planning Allowance be abolished – 7th Pay Commission
- 7th Pay Commission’s Report on Leave Travel Concession (LTC)
- 7th Pay Commission’s suggestions on NPS
- 7th Pay Commission Report to be processed by Empowered Committee – Finance Ministry Order
- Heads of NDC, NDA and DSSC institutions should be upgraded to Apex Scale – 7th Pay Commission
- JPA, SPA, Off-set Machine Operator, Machine Man and Electrical Supervisor to get higher grade pay – 7th CPC Recommendations
- Store Keeper (Tech) and Asst Store Keeper to get higher grade pay – 7th CPC Recommendations
- Karnataka Pensioners associations views on 7th Pay Commission Report
- Assistant Research Officer and Senior Research Assistant of CWC to get next higher Grade Pay – 7th Pay Commission
- Comparison of Pay between Central Government Civilian and Defence Forces Officers
- Higher Grade Pay for Railway Commercial clerk, Reservation Clerk and ticket checking staff