7th CPC – NJCA official press statement on postponement of Indefinite Strike from 11th July 2016 – Govt agrees in writing to form committee to look into 7th Pay Commission Minimum Pay and Fitment Formula which will submit its report in four months
National Joint Council of Action
4, State Entry Road, New Delhi-110055
July 6, 2016
The National Joint Council of Action (NJCA) met at the Staff Side office, JCM, New Delhi today at 11.30 AM as scheduled. During the discussions, the Convener received an invitation from the Honourable Home Minister, Shri Rajnath Singh. The following members of the NJCA met the Home Minister in a delegation.
1. Dr. M. Raghaviah (NFIR),
2. Shiv Gopal Misra (AlRF),
3. Rakhal Dasgupta(AIRF).
4. Guman Singh (NFIR),
5. K.K.N. Kutty (Confederation)
6. C. Srikumar (AIDEF)
7. M. Krishnan (Confederation,)
8. Ashok Singh (INDWF)
9. R. Srinivasan (INDWF)
10. MS. Raja (Confederation)
11. JR Bhosale (AIRF)
13. RN. Parashar (NFPE)
14 Giriraj Singh (NFPE),
15. Satish Chander (FNPO),
16.B Shiva Kumar (FNPO),
17. N. Kannaiah (AIRF)
The issues in the charter of demands were discussed with special reference to the 7th CPC related demands. The delegation brought to the notice of the Honourable Home Minister that the NJCA has not received a communication from the Government over the assurances held out on 3oth June, 2016 when the NJCA delegation met the Honourable Home Minister, Finance Minister and the Railway Ministers. On 30th June 2016, the Government had assured to refer the revision of Minimum wage and fitment formula to a Committee. The Finance Minister had also clarified that the Government has taken the decision to implement the recommendation of the 7th CPC to bring about parity between the past and present pensioners. They added that such a communication in confirmation of the assurances will enable them to take a decision over the strike action which is to commence from 11th July, 2016.
The Honourable Home Minister assured the delegation that the Government will honour the assurances held out to the NJCA leaders on 30th June, 2016 and accordingly the Honourable Finance Minister, Shri Arun Jaitley will issue a Press Statement today, with copy to NJCA.
Accordingly, The NJCA has received the Press communiqué issued by the Honourable finance Minister today. The Committee set up to look into the matter of minimum wage and fitment formula is expected to submit their report to the Government in the given time frame of not more than four months. In view of these developments, the indefinite strike call which is to commence from 11th July, 2016 is deferred till the committee finalises its report.
The NJCA congratulates all affiliates, their units and branches for their strenuous efforts in mobilizing the workers under the banner of NJCA and keeping the unity and strength of the Central Government The NJCA congratulates all affiliates, their units and branches for their strenuous efforts in mobilizing the workers Under the banner of NJCA and keeping the unity and strength of the Central Government employees intact. The NJCA takes this opportunity to assure all that it would be its endeavour to ensure that a decent and satisfactory settlement is brought about on all 11 point charter of demands.
The NJCA expresses it gratitude to all the members of Public, Print and Electronic Media for the support they had extended to the Central Govt employees.
Dr. M. Raghaviah
Shiv Gopal Misra
(Confederation of CGE & W)
Use 7th pay commission pay and allowances calculator to get know your new 7th CPC Pay and allowances – Also read recent developments on implementation of 7th Pay Commission
- 7th Pay Commission CGHS recommendations implemented with effect from 1st February 2017
- 7th Pay Commission CGHS Recommendations on monthly subscription, eligibility of wards – Orders issued
- 7th Pay Commission Pension option based on increments earned rejected – Confederation reports
- Strike against low 7th Pay Commission Pay Hike by Central Government Employees Postponed
- 7th Pay commission minimum pay and multiplication factor – NFIR takes up the issue before PM
- 7th Pay Commission Calculator after issue of Gazette Notification for implementation of 7th CPC
- 7th Pay commission MACP orders for Railway Employees
- 7th Pay Commission for Autonomous Bodies Central Government Employees – Minister’s reply
- 7th Pay Commission related expenditure may be met by Income Disclosure II
- 7th Pay Commission implementation – All India Strike on 15th February 2017 against breach of assurance by Govt