LDC and UDC Pay recommendation by 7th pay commission
All India Association of Administrative Staff had expressed dissatisfaction about the 7th Pay Commission recommendations relating to pay fixation for LDC and UDC
The Association has taken up the LDC/UDC, MACP on Promotional Hierarchy, and other issues related to Administrative Staff with Confederation.
ALL INDIA ASSOCIATION OF ADMINISTRATIVE STAFF (NG)
MINISTRY OF STATISTICS AND PROGRAMME IMPLEMENTATION
Com. M Krishnan,
Confederation of Central Government Employees & Workers,
This is in connection with LDC/UDC, MACP on Promotional hierarchy and other issues related to Administrative Staff of Subordinate offices. It is surprising to note that the 7th Pay Commission has turned down the genuine issue of LDC & UDC on the ground that the government has stopped direct recruitment for the clerical cadre and gradually phasing out the existing incumbents. If this is true, it is a matter of great concern that the Government has chosen to take a unilateral decision on an important policy matter without consulting the Staff side. The reason given for rejection of the demand is not convincing.
Besides Confederation/Staff Side JCM, several Departments had recommended upgradation of grade pay of LDC & UDC of Administrative Offices especially the LDC & UDCs of subordinate offices of Government of India.
Extracts of the Pay Commission comments on the matter is given below:
By analyzing the demand of SVP, National Police Academy under Para 11.22.100 the Commission has said “This issue has been dealt in Chapter 7.7. Recommendations made there would apply in this case also”
As against the demand of Directorate of Printing under Para 11.52.32 Commission maintained that “posts like LDC, UDC, Accountant are common to a number of ministries/ departments. Recommendations regarding their pay are contained in Chapter 7.7 and Chapter 11.35.”
But, in Chapter 7.7, deals common category, no recommendation for LDC/UDC is given.
However by recording disagreement to increase promotional quota of MTS to LDC under Para 7.7.37 & 11.35.28 Commission has said that “government has already stopped direct recruitment for the clerical cadre and gradually phasing out the existing incumbents, this demand cannot be accepted.”
But the fact is that Staff Selection Commission is frequently conducting recruitment for the post of LDC. Combined higher secondary examination for the selection of LDC also has been conducted recently. Moreover, no alternative recommendation to replace the LDC post is given in the report. It is to be noted that the normal ratio of LDC and UDC in subordinate offices is 5:2 and thus LDCs have been allocated responsible sections and in many smaller offices LDC alone is handling the work of entire Administration.
On the other hand rejecting Central Secretariat Clerical service demand for parity with DEO, the commission observes “Even though the entry requirements are similar, historically the pay scales of the two posts have been different. Besides, they comprise two distinct cadres with different set of roles and responsibilities. Hence, the demand for parity of pay of LDC with DEOs cannot be acceded to by the Commission.”(Para 11.35.38).
Historically these cadres may be different set of roles but the fact is that functions of LDC are more complex than that of DEO and same was brought before the commission by various Associations/Administrative Authorities. Earlier pay Commissions have fixed Pay Scale to DEO considering their work on computer. But today LDCs are selected on the basis of their expertise in computer operation also.
By concluding the LDC issue, I give hereunder two comments among the dozens of comments/e-mail received us on the subject. This signifies the sufferings of LDCs in subordinate offices.
(1) I am really disappointed with the decision of 7th CPC, I was hoping that I would get atleast GP 2400 as per their calculation, they don’t even think about lower class Myself Ashutosh, LDC and I am appointed on 2012, 3000 KM far from my house and from last 2 years I am doing the work of cashier along with all the work of Income Tax and budget, apart from me 4 more LDC’s are working here instead of UDC’s and they are the backbone of their branch but as per 7th CPC words we are not having as much responsible work they think LDC’s are recruits only for “dispatch” and “typing” which is not true.
I request to them, sir please come and see how much responsibility we have and what we are getting,
(2) I am S Murugan LDC, handling with pay bills, income tax, TDS and what are related to taxable income such as LTC encashment, final bills, HRA claim and etc…
In 7th Cpc report every where it is stated that this is dealt with chapter 7.7 and 11.35. But, there are no clear instructions for clerical.
The major error is clerical cadre is not included in common categories (chapter 7).
II Grant of MACP on Promotional Hierarchy:
Even though the Confederation has clarified that the Commission has recommended MACP on promotional hierarchy, the report of the Commission is confusing and contradictory. Para 5.1.44 reads in the new Pay matrix, the employees will move to the immediate next level in the hierarchy. This can be interpreted as fixation in the same principle as that for a regular promotion. But Para 11.52.45 is contradictory.
III The Grade Pay of Assistants/Stenographers of Central Secretariat is brought down to Rs. 4200 from the existing Rs. 4600 and NFSG granted to the UDCs of Central Secretariat has been withdrawn thereby the demand for parity with the Grade Pay of Assistant/UDC of Central Secretariat is turned down.
Comrades, Government is bent upon to contractorise all the Administrative posts below the post of Assistants. The demand for merger of Grade Pay of LDC & UDC and upgradation to Rs. 2800, as recommended by the staff side is genuine in accordance with duties assigned. Confederation/JCM (Staff Side) is requested to please help LDC/UDC and other Administrative Staff of subordinate Offices to resolve these genuine issues.
Also checkout following for more topic wise details on 7th Pay Commission Report
- Who are entitled to 7th Pay Commission additional Bunching increment ?
- 7th Pay Commission Pension for Pre-2016 Pensioners – CPAO instructions
- 7th Pay Commission Pension fixation based on Notional Pay – Procedure envisaged by Finance Ministry
- Revision of 7th Pay Commission Pension on notional pay – Confederation’s Analysis
- 7th Pay Commission Pension Fixation based on notional pay fixed in 7th Pay Commission Pay Matrix – Illustrations
- Revised 7th Pay Commission Pension fixation for Pre-2016 Pensioners and Family Pensioners – Orders issued
- 7th Pay Commission related expenditure may be met by Income Disclosure II
- Payment of arrears on ad-hoc basis of pay to Defence Forces
- 7th Pay Commission Latest News – Increase in Basic Pay meagre but expected gains out of other compensation, a solace
- 7th Pay Commission – Revision in 7th CPC report expected to be made by Empowered Committee
- 7th Pay Commission News – Who are to be benefited more in terms of higher pay ?
- 7th Pay Commission report on DA, CEA, FPA, NPA, OTA and other Allowances
- 7th Pay Commission Report on Leave Encashment of Earned Leave
- 7th Pay Commission Latest News – Issues to be addressed
- Family Planning Allowance be abolished – 7th Pay Commission
- 7th Pay Commission’s Report on Leave Travel Concession (LTC)
- 7th Pay Commission’s suggestions on NPS
- 7th Pay Commission Report to be processed by Empowered Committee – Finance Ministry Order
- Heads of NDC, NDA and DSSC institutions should be upgraded to Apex Scale – 7th Pay Commission
- JPA, SPA, Off-set Machine Operator, Machine Man and Electrical Supervisor to get higher grade pay – 7th CPC Recommendations
- Store Keeper (Tech) and Asst Store Keeper to get higher grade pay – 7th CPC Recommendations
- Karnataka Pensioners associations views on 7th Pay Commission Report
- Assistant Research Officer and Senior Research Assistant of CWC to get next higher Grade Pay – 7th Pay Commission
- Comparison of Pay between Central Government Civilian and Defence Forces Officers
- Higher Grade Pay for Railway Commercial clerk, Reservation Clerk and ticket checking staff