Family Planning Allowance be abolished – 7th Pay Commission
7th Pay Commission recommended that Family Planning Allowance should be abolished.
7th Pay Commission has proposed for abolishing Family Planning Allowance. Analysis and Recommendations of 7th Pay Commission on FPA is as follows
Family Planning Allowance
Family Planning Allowance (FPA) is granted to Central Government employees as an encouragement to adhere to small family norms. The existing rates are as under:
(₹ per month)
Grade Pay Family Planning Allowance 1300-2400
There are demands to make it equal to one increment. Representations have also been received requesting that the allowance should be double for those employees who adopt family planning norms after just one child.
Analysis and Recommendations
The Commission recognizes the fact that most of the benefits related to children, viz., Children Education Allowance, Maternity Leave, LTC, etc., are available for two children only. Moreover the level of awareness regarding appropriate family size has also gone up among the government servants. Hence, a separate allowance aimed towards population control is not required now. Accordingly, it is recommended that Family Planning Allowance should be abolished.
Also checkout following for more topic wise details on 7th Pay Commission Report
- Who are entitled to 7th Pay Commission additional Bunching increment ?
- 7th Pay Commission Pension for Pre-2016 Pensioners – CPAO instructions
- 7th Pay Commission Pension fixation based on Notional Pay – Procedure envisaged by Finance Ministry
- Revision of 7th Pay Commission Pension on notional pay – Confederation’s Analysis
- 7th Pay Commission Pension Fixation based on notional pay fixed in 7th Pay Commission Pay Matrix – Illustrations
- Revised 7th Pay Commission Pension fixation for Pre-2016 Pensioners and Family Pensioners – Orders issued
- 7th Pay Commission related expenditure may be met by Income Disclosure II
- Payment of arrears on ad-hoc basis of pay to Defence Forces
- 7th Pay Commission Latest News – Increase in Basic Pay meagre but expected gains out of other compensation, a solace
- 7th Pay Commission – Revision in 7th CPC report expected to be made by Empowered Committee
- 7th Pay Commission News – Who are to be benefited more in terms of higher pay ?
- 7th Pay Commission report on DA, CEA, FPA, NPA, OTA and other Allowances
- 7th Pay Commission Report on Leave Encashment of Earned Leave
- 7th Pay Commission Latest News – Issues to be addressed
- 7th Pay Commission’s Report on Leave Travel Concession (LTC)
- 7th Pay Commission’s suggestions on NPS
- 7th Pay Commission Report to be processed by Empowered Committee – Finance Ministry Order
- Heads of NDC, NDA and DSSC institutions should be upgraded to Apex Scale – 7th Pay Commission
- JPA, SPA, Off-set Machine Operator, Machine Man and Electrical Supervisor to get higher grade pay – 7th CPC Recommendations
- Store Keeper (Tech) and Asst Store Keeper to get higher grade pay – 7th CPC Recommendations
- Karnataka Pensioners associations views on 7th Pay Commission Report
- Assistant Research Officer and Senior Research Assistant of CWC to get next higher Grade Pay – 7th Pay Commission
- Comparison of Pay between Central Government Civilian and Defence Forces Officers
- Higher Grade Pay for Railway Commercial clerk, Reservation Clerk and ticket checking staff
- Assistant Station Master (ASM) to get higher grade pay and upgraded to SM – 7th CPC Recommendations