7th CPC recommends for upgradation of grade pay for Russian Translators cum Interpreters
Translators-cum-Interpreters (Foreign Languages)
There are posts of Translators-cum-Interpreters (Foreign Languages) in the ministries of Defence, External Affairs, Communication, Science and Technology and Cabinet Secretariat etc.
The cadre of Interpreters of Ministry of External Affairs (MEA), in their demand, has pointed out that no cadre review has taken place for their cadre in the last 38 years.
The cadre of Russian translators in Integrated Headquarters of MOD (Navy) has contended that they have the same entry level qualification and nature of duties as translators of other languages in the same office, but are placed in a lower pay scale.
Analysis and Recommendations
In so far as the case of Interpreters in MEA is concerned, the Commission is of the view that cadre review is an administrative issue and should be dealt with at the level of MEA only.
Regarding the case of Russian translators in the Ministry of Defence, the Commission studied the job profiles and educational qualifications required for Russian translators, vis-à- vis their Chinese, Sinhalese and Pushto counterparts. The Commission finds merit in their demand for upgrade and accordingly recommends that Russian Translation Officers should be upgraded from the existing GP 4600 to GP 5400 (PB-3). Similarly, Russian Senior Translation officers should be upgraded from existing GP 5400 (PB-3) to GP 6600 and Russian Editors from existing GP 6600 to GP 7600.
Also checkout following for more topic wise details on 7th Pay Commission Report
- 7th Pay Commission related expenditure may be met by Income Disclosure II
- Payment of arrears on ad-hoc basis of pay to Defence Forces
- Who are entitled to 7th Pay Commission additional Bunching increment ?
- 7th Pay Commission Latest News – Increase in Basic Pay meagre but expected gains out of other compensation, a solace
- 7th Pay Commission – Revision in 7th CPC report expected to be made by Empowered Committee
- 7th Pay Commission News – Who are to be benefited more in terms of higher pay ?
- 7th Pay Commission report on DA, CEA, FPA, NPA, OTA and other Allowances
- 7th Pay Commission Report on Leave Encashment of Earned Leave
- 7th Pay Commission Latest News – Issues to be addressed
- Family Planning Allowance be abolished – 7th Pay Commission
- 7th Pay Commission’s Report on Leave Travel Concession (LTC)
- 7th Pay Commission’s suggestions on NPS
- 7th Pay Commission Report to be processed by Empowered Committee – Finance Ministry Order
- Heads of NDC, NDA and DSSC institutions should be upgraded to Apex Scale – 7th Pay Commission
- JPA, SPA, Off-set Machine Operator, Machine Man and Electrical Supervisor to get higher grade pay – 7th CPC Recommendations
- Store Keeper (Tech) and Asst Store Keeper to get higher grade pay – 7th CPC Recommendations
- Karnataka Pensioners associations views on 7th Pay Commission Report
- Assistant Research Officer and Senior Research Assistant of CWC to get next higher Grade Pay – 7th Pay Commission
- Comparison of Pay between Central Government Civilian and Defence Forces Officers
- Higher Grade Pay for Railway Commercial clerk, Reservation Clerk and ticket checking staff
- Assistant Station Master (ASM) to get higher grade pay and upgraded to SM – 7th CPC Recommendations
- Sub Inspectors and Inspectors of CBI to get higher grade pay – 7th CPC Recommendations
- IB ACIO-II and ACIO-I to get higher Grade Pay – 7th Pay Commission
- Senior Technical Assistants to get higher grade pay – 7th CPC Recommendations
- 7th Pay Commission Recommendations for Pensioners