Walk-in Facility for Passport
The Ministry of External Affairs issued an advisory in June, 2012 to all Regional Passport Offices in the country to introduce walk in facility to ease availability of on line appointment and facilitate easy submission of forms for passport applications under following categories:
• Applicants for Tatkaal services (fresh / re-issue cases);
• Applicants for issue of Police Clearance Certificate (PCC);
• Applicants for deletion of ECR status in passports without any change in personal particulars;
• Applicants for inclusion of name of the spouse in passport;
• Applicants with valid passports, seeking new booklets in case of exhaustion of visa pages;
• Senior Citizens (above 60 years);
• Minor below 15 years whose parents hold valid passports;
• Physically challenged persons; and
• Central / State Government servants, their spouses and dependent minor children who have ‘No Objection Certificate’ / Identity Certificate.
The Ministry of External Affairs has recently introduced walk in facility to ease online appointments and smoothen submission of applications at the six Passport Seva Kendras (PSKs) under Regional Passport Office, Hyderabad from these above mentioned categories of applicants w.e.f. August 01, 2012.
The Minister of State in the Ministry Of External Affairs Smt. Preneet Kaur provided this information in reply to a question in Lok Sabha.
Source: Press Information Bureau