Articles you may like to read
- 50% Direct Recruitment Quota though GDCE – Railway Board in agreement with NFIR
- Filling up 50% of DR Quota vacancies through GDCE – Eligibility to staff in same Grade Pay/Pay Scale
- Promotion from GP Rs.1800 (Level-1) to GP Rs.1900 (Level-2) against 33-1/3% quota
- Age relaxation for widows for employment in Government and Central PSUs
Railway Board Circular on Earmarking of Reservation Quota for Women and Senior Citizens in Sleeper, 2AC and 3AC coaches.
Ministry of Railways has issued a circular earmarking the revised Reservation Quota for Women and Senior Citizens.
Government of India (Bharat Sarkar)
Ministry of Railways (Rail Mantralaya)
No. 2012/TG-I/20/P/Lower Berth
New Delhi, dated 23.03.2016
Chief Commercial Managers,
All Zonal Railways.
(Commercial Circular No. 14 of 2016)
Sub:Earmarking of Reservation Quota for Women and Senior Citizens.
Please refer to this office letter of even No. dated 18.04.2007 (CC No.40 of 2007) wherein instructions were issued for earmarking of combined quota of two lower berths per coach in Sleeper, AC-3 Tier and AC-2 Tier classes for following category of passengers while travelling alone:-
a. Senior Citizens;
b. Female passengers 45 years of age and above; and
c. Pregnant women.
1.1 The above said. quota in Sleeper class was enhanced to four lower berths per coach vide Commercial Circular No. 51 of 2015 issued on 31.08.2015. No change was, however, made in this quota in 3AC and 2AC classes.
2.Keeping in view the announcement made in the Railway Budget for the financial year 2016-17 regarding enhancement of this quota, the matter has been examined and it has been decided to enhance the above said quota as under:-
Class No. of Lower Berths per coach Existing Revised Sleeper 4 6 3AC 2 2AC 2 3
3. It has also been decided that in Rajdhani, Duronto and fully Air Conditioned/Express trains, the number of lower berths to be earmarked under this quota in 3AC class should be 4 lower berths per coach as against 3 lower berths per coach in case of normal Mail/Express trains.
4. Necessary action may be taken accordingly to define this quota from ARP or no booking date whichever is earlier which in no case should be later than 01.09.2016.
Director Passenger Marketing