1. The fares will be same in case of all distances within that distance slab.
2. Minimum distance for charge of 200 Km. in Sleeper Class will not be applicable in case of Sleeper coaches declared as unreserved coaches by Zonal Railways in notified trains and in specified sections. In such cases, actual fares as shown in the concerned column will be levied/charged.
3. All fares notified in this Coaching Tariff are Base Fares. All other miscellaneous charges like Reservation Fee, Superfast Charge, Catering Charge, Service Tax etc. wherever applicable will be levied additionally.
3.1 Base fares for high speed trains like Rajdhani, Shatabdi, Duronto, (except AC Economy class of AC Duronto train) Garib Rath, Jan Shatabdi, Yuva etc, as given in this Coaching Tariff, are also exclusive of Reservation fee, Superfast Charge, Catering Charge, etc. These charges, wherever applicable, will be levied additionally.
3.2 AC Economy Class exists only in the case of AC Duronto trains. Fares for AC Economy class of AC Duronto Trains, as given in this Coaching Tariff are inclusive of Reservation Fee and Supplementary charge for superfast train. Zonal Railways at the time of notifying point to point fares would be required to additionally levy Catering charge etc., if and wherever applicable.
4. Suburban fares shall be levied for journeys performed in the suburban sections only. Non-suburban fares shall apply in case of all other journeys.
5. Rounding-off of fares :
5.1 Fares of all classes except Second Class Ordinary (Suburban) : Chargeable Fares, as obtained after adding Miscellaneous Charges like Reservation Fee, Supplementary charge for Super fast trains, Catering Charge, Service Tax etc. to the Basic Fare, will be rounded off to the next higher multiple of Rs. 5.
5.2 Second Class (Suburban) Fares : Chargeable Fares for Second Class Suburban passengers, as obtained after adding applicable miscellaneous charges like MUTP/ MMTS Surcharge (as and where applicable) etc. to the Basic Fare, is proposed to be rounded off to the next higher multiple of five rupees, except that in cases where either ‘1’ or ‘6’ comes up as the last digit (i.e. in unit’s place) it will be rounded off to the immediately lower multiple of rupees 5, i.e. 11.00, 21.00, 31.00, etc. would respectively become rupees 10.00, 20.00, 30.00, etc. and 6.00, 16.00, 26.00 etc. would respectively become rupees 5.00, 15.00, 25.00 etc. And, Fare values ending in rupees 2, 3 or 4 would be getting rounded off to rupees 5 and those ending in rupees 7, 8 or 9 to rupees 10 and so on and so forth.
6. Fares published in these tables are separately for the Peak and Lean seasons.
6.1 Peak and Lean seasons shall be as under: –
Lean Seasons 1st February to 31st March; and 1st August to 31st August
Peak Seasons 1st April to 31st July; and 1st September to 31st January
6.2 In so far as the “popular” trains’ segment is concerned, the peak period fares shall be applicable throughout the year in case of journeys undertaken in AC First and AC 2-Tier Classes.
7. The point-to-point fares for all pairs of stations, including intermediate to intermediate stations, in case of Shatabdi, Jan Shatabdi, Rajdhani and Duronto sets of trains shall be notified by the Zonal Railways.
8. Children under 5 years of age will be carried free of charge. Children above the age of 5 years and under 12 years of age will be charged at half the corresponding adult fare.After adding applicable miscellaneous charges, if any, this Fare will be rounded-off to the next higher multiple of Rs. 5 in case of all classes other than Second (Suburban); in the case of Second Suburban, rounding-off principle stipulated in Para 5.2 above shall apply. In case of Rajdhani, Shatabdi, Duronto and Jan Shatabdi trains the existing methodology of computing concessions and/or child ticket on the relevant point-to-point all inclusive fares shall continue, till 31.03.2013 and, thereafter shall be governed in terms of Commercial Circular No. 66 of 2012.
9. Children under5 years of age will be provided food in Rajdhani and Shatabdi Express trains without any charge.
10. Bed-rolls will be supplied to passengers in AC First Class, AC 2-Tier and AC 3-Tier Classes in all trains, except Garib
Rath Express trains, without any additional charge.
11. Bed-rolls would be supplied to passengers of Garib Rath Express trains and in Sleeper Class of Mixed Duronto Express trains on their demand and payment by them of the stipulated charges at the time of booking.
12. Quarterly Season Tickets (QST) fares will be 2.7 times the Monthly Season Tickets (MST) fares.
13. Season Tickets beyond 150 km will be issued only over sections where this facility was being enjoyed prior to 1.4.1951.