Mr.Naukar an active member of GConnect Discussion Board has shared this valuable information regarding Tirumala Tirupati Parakamani Seva with GConnect Readers. This Seva is meant for Working or retired employees of Central or State Government or Quasi government or PSU or Insurance and Banking Sector.
The following is the content shared by Mr.Naukar. (click here to read Mr.Naukar’s message in Discussion Board)
Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams – a new srivari seva for Govt/PSU servants
Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams TTD has launched new srivari seva known as PARAKAMANI SEVA on august 7,2012. This seva will commence in Sri Srivari Temple,Tirumala from August 17,2012 onwards. Initially this new seva is applicable to only to Andhrapradesh, Tamilnadu, Karnataka and Kerala states and is limited to first 50 persons who register online on first in first out basis. It is a Golden opportunity that has offered by TTD to serve Lord Venkateswara Swamy.
What is Parakamani
Parakamani is an activity where accounting of the offerings made by the pilgrims to Lord Venkateswara Swamy through Srivari Hundi @ tirumala includes Coins,Currecies,Precious items,Jewellery etc., is being done on a day-to-day basis in Srivari Temple. At present TTD is carrying out this service with its own employees.
Objective of PARAKAMANI SEVA
TTD is a premier Hindu Religious Institution acting as a custodian of world renowed temple of Lord Venkateswara or Lord Balaji since its inception in 1933. Today the annual budget of TTD has touched the 2000cr mark. Over 1/3 of the major part of revenue to TTD comes in the form of offerings made by Pilgrims through Srivari Hundi. To speed up the process and accuracy in the Parakamani(Currency Counting System) at Srivari Temple, TTD has launched the PARAKAMANI SEVA. TTD has invited Working or retired employees of Central or State Goverment or Quasi government or PSU or Insurance and Banking Sectors to participate in this new seva purely on voluntary basis. Pilgrims or devotees can apply online for Parakamani Seva and they will be nomenclature as ” Parakamani Sevakulu ”
Eligibilty Criteria to participate in PARAKAMANI SEVA
1.Pilgrims or Devotees should be Working or retired employees of Central or State Goverment or Quasi government or PSU or Insurance and Banking Sector.
2.Only Male Devotees aged between 35years to 65years practicing Hinduism alone.
How to Apply
Interested Pilgrims or Devotees should apply through Online Registration only. Before applying online enrollment,first pilgrims should confirm the eligibility criteria and also should have the following minimum requirements to complete the online registration process.
a) A valid e-mail ID
b) Scanned Photo copy of size less than 100KB
c) Scanned Identity card/Service card/Retired card/Pension card/Certificate of employee of size less than 100KB.
Read the General Instructions
After successful completion of Online registration, pilgrims shall know their application
– source tirumala.org
More details on PARAKAMANI SEVA (Source: tirumala.org)
Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams(TTD) is a premiere Hindu religious institution acting as the custodian of world renowned temple of Lord Venkateswara or Lord Balaji. Since its inception in 1933, TTD has been effectively functioning with a primary mission of preserving, promoting and propagating Hindu Sanatana Dharma. With this noble mission, TTD is standing tall as a frontrunner in the entire country in protecting the rich Hindu culture and Heritage by organizing spiritual and religious activities on a large scale across the country.
Apart from its religious and spiritual activities, TTD has also taken up wide spread social welfare activities including providing free food and shelter to poor, orphans, physically challenged, aged, destitute; offering free education to the deaf and dumb students; providing free medication to people and pilgrims; operating various welfare Trusts and schemes and many more.
With all these noble activities of TTD which has both religious and social face on one side and the day by day increasing popularity of the hill shrine of Lord Venkateswara on other side, the pilgrim influx to Tirumala is also increasing every day by leaps and bounds. The average pilgrim turnout to Tirumala on a year today is above 2.5crores. Along with the increase in pilgrim crowd, the revenue of TTD has also gone up by many folds in the recent times.
Today the annual budget of TTD has touched the 2000crore mark, making it as the country’s richest religious institution. Over 1/3 of the major part of revenue to TTD comes in the form of offerings made by devotees in Srivari Hundi. Already TTD has deployed about 40 of its employees to segregate and clear the account of the currency notes and coins offered by the pilgrims in the Srivari Hundi on daily basis
To further speed up the process and accuracy in the Parakamani-currency counting system at Sri Tirumala Temple (Sri TT), TTD has invited retired or in-service employees from Banking and Insurance sectors to offer free voluntary services as “Srivari Sevakulu” exclusively for its Parakamani Wing.
Those who are interested in offering free services in Srivari Parkamani Seva in this universally acclaimed Hindu Religious Institute of Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams(TTD) can enroll their names through online strictly abiding to the rules of TTD.
- Parakamani is an activity where counting and accounting of offerings made by pilgrims through Srivari Hundi viz. coins, currencies, precious items, jewellary etc. done on a day-to-day basis.
- Interested Pilgrims / Devotees should register online for Parakamani Seva, who will be here-by addressed as “Parakamani Sevakulu”.
- Only Male devotees are eligible to apply for Parakamani Seva inview of constraints on survaillance
- Parakamani Sevakulu should be in the age group of 35 years to 65 years.
- Parakamani Sevakulu should be from Hindu Religion only.
- Parakamani Sevakulu should be healthy i.e., physically strong, mentally fit, free from arthritis, back pains, asthma, as they have to perform the Seva by squatting / sitting on the floor for longer sessions.
- Parakamani Sevakulu should be either working or retired employee of Central / State Government or Quasi Government or PSU or Scheduled Banks or from Insurance Companies.
- Parakamani Seva is voluntary Seva. Hence, no payments will be made by TTD in any form.
- Parakamani Sevakulu should not have been involved in any Departmental Disciplinary / Criminal proceedings.
- Parakamani Sevakulu are requested not to Carry / Consume prohibited articles under section 114 of AP Charitable and Hindu Religious Institutions & Endowment act, 1987.
- Devotees from Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu and Kerala are alone eligible to register at present for Parakamani Seva.
- Parakamani Sevakulu may opt for either 3 days slot or 4 days slot.
- Parakamani seva for 3-day slot will commence on Friday and conclude on Sunday. They should report for enrollment on Thursday before 02.00 PM at Srivari Seva Sadan(inside APS RTC Bus stand), Tirumala.
- Parakamani seva for 4-day slot will commence on Monday and conclude on Thursday. They should report for enrollment on Sunday before 02.00 PM at Srivari Seva Sadan(inside APS RTC Bus stand), Tirumala.
- Parakamani Sevakulu should also bring a passport size photo along with original and xerox copy of their In-Service or Pensioner ID Card while reporting at Srivari Seva Sadan Office which is mandatory.
- Recent passport size photo(less than 100 kb) and valid Identity Card either Service or Pension card issued by their Employers / Employing Organizations only should be uploaded during online registration.
- Temporary Identity cards will be issued to the Parakamani Sevakulu at the time of reporting for parakamani seva by the TTD Vigilance & Security wing and same should be returned to the on duty Vigilance & Security personnel at the end of each session.
- Darshan of Lord Venkateswara will be provided on the last day of slot.
- If any Parakamani Sevakulu found violating Parakamani proceedings, appropriate action will be initiated.
- Each Parakamani Sevakulu will be provided with three laddus at subsidized rate of Rs.10/- each on the last day of the slot.
- Parakamani sevakulu are requested to mention their contact numbers (both land line and mobile numbers) of their relations whom they wish to be informed in case of emergency while performing seva at Tirumala.
- TTD reserves right to accept or reject Parakamani Sevakaulu from performing the seva.
While entering Parakamani for doing Seva :
- Parakamani Sevakulu should wear traditional dress i.e, white Dothi only at the time of reporting for Parakamani seva.
- Parakamani sevakulu should not wear/carry any Mobiles, cash, gold, silver, other precious / semi precious stones, watches, rings, bracelets and any other valuables at the time of reporting for Parakamani Seva. If any item is found in their possession during the Parakamani Seva, they will be confiscated as per TTD rules and regulations.
CODE OF CONDUCT
- Parakamani Sevakulu are expected to maintain high standards of honesty, integrity, confidentiality, impartiality, and good conduct in the course of, or in relation to, their Seva.
- Parakamani Sevakulu are expected to be courteous, considerate, and prompt while reporting for Seva.
- Parakamani Sevakulu must comply with all applicable rules and regulations issued by the TTD.
- Parakamani Sevakulu must comply with any lawful regulations, orders, policies, and appropriate requests issued by the On-duty supervisor or other TTD officials having jurisdiction over the Seva involved.
- In the course of, or in relation to their Seva, Parakamani Sevakulu shall adhere to the policy of the TTD that there shall be no discrimination while performing the seva based on factors of caste, cadre, age, and similar matters not related to performance of duty in their respective organisations.
- Parakamani Sevakulu should consult with the on-duty supervisors on general questions as they may have regarding the applicability of various regulations, which may pertain to their seva.
- Parakamani Sevakulu shall be held accountable for TTD property and monies entrusted to them in connection with their seva.
- Parakamani Sevakulu shall not harass / argue / fight with other sevakulu, TTD Employees, or Pilgrim Witnesses.
- Parakamani Sevakulu shall not participate in gambling or any other form involving playing of cards while staying at TTD provided accommodation at Tirumala.
- Parakamani Sevakulu are prohibited from carrying / consumption of alcohol or illegal drugs or Tobacco or meat foods while at Tirumala, as described in the Section 114 of CHRIE ACT 1987.
- Parakamani Sevakulu who violates the above act will be subjected to legal action as per the provisions of Law.
- Parakamani Sevakulu are here – by informed / warned that professing / propaganding any other religion other than Hinduism is prohibited under G.O.Ms 746 & 747 both dt 2-6-2007. Any sevakulu are found violating this act, appropriate legal action will be taken against them.
E-mail : email@example.com
Phone No.s : 0877 – 2277777, 2233333
The Public Relation Officer,
TTD Devasthanams, Tirupati.
How to apply?
The participate in this service online application has to be made in the following official website of Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams