Articles you may Like
Super Rajdhani Launched On Delhi-Mumbai Route : Fares & Other Details
For travellers between Mumbai and Delhi, the Indian Railways has a good news: new Super Rajdhani was launched from October 16, which the Railways said, will reduce at least two hours of travelling time as compared to the usual Rajdhani that runs on this route.
The train will not have a flexi fare system according to the dynamic pricing mechanism of the railways, the Ministry of Railways said, on its official Twitter account @RailMinIndia. This means that the fares of the train will not jump by 10 per cent over every 10 per cent of seat bookings as happens with usual Rajdhani trains.
The fares on the Super Rajdhani will cost passengers Rs. 600-800 less than the two other Rajdhanis already on the route, according to a report by news agency Press Trust of India. The train will chug-off from Delhi on Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays and from Bandra on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.
Here are 10 things that you must know about the new Super Rajdhani train that will run between Delhi and Mumbai:
- The Super Rajdhani will run from Hazrat Nizamuddin Station of Delhi till Bandra station of Mumbai.
- The fares of this train in second and third AC will be around 19 per cent cheaper than the maximum flexi fare of the corresponding classes of the existing Rajdhani on this route, the Railways said.
- The Super Rajdhani will run thrice a week.
- The train will start at 4:15 pm from Hazrat Nizamuddin station, Delhi.
- It will halt at Kota, Vadodara, Surat and reach Bandra Terminus at 6:10 am on the next day.
- It will then start at 4:05 pm from Mumbai and reach Delhi at 6 am the next day.
- This will help travellers avoid morning traffic and enable them to reach home in the morning, the Ministry of Railways said.
- There is also an option to have tea, coffee and dinner at inexpensive rates while travelling on the train, the Railways Ministry added.
- The Super Rajdhani will be hauled by two locomotives for better acceleration, deceleration and higher speed.
- The passengers also have a choice to opt out of the catering services.