Articles you may like to read
Central Government Employees Strike on 20th and 21st February 2013 – INDWF release
The preparatory work for Strike called for by various Central Government Employees, Defence Workers and Railway Unions on 20th and 21st February 2013 is gaining momentum.
The following is the INDWF release regarding Strike on 20th and 21st February 2013
INTUCINDIAN NATIONAL DEFENCE WORKERS FEDERATIONEstd 1959 (Recognized by Government of India)
Indian National Defence Workers Federation
Member National Council JCM, (Standing Committee)
Secretary, Staff Side, Departmental Council JCM, Ministry of Defence
Secretary, Staff Side, JCM III rd Level Council, OF Board
Secretary, INTUC (Central)
Vice President, INTUC Tamil Nadu Branch
Chairman, RAC Central Board for Workers Education, Chennai.
All Unions affiliated with INDWF
Best Wishes to all our Unions and its members for a prosperous New Year 2013.Herewith we are enclosing the Joint Statement by three recognized Federations in Defence to organize and conduct TWO Days All India strike proposed by INTUC and by all the Central Trade Unions on the following demands on 20th & 21st February 2013
- Concrete measures to contain price rise.
- Concrete measures for employment generation.
- Strict enforcement of labour laws
- Universal Social Security cover for organised and unorganized workers and creation of National Social Security Fund and
- Stoppage of disinvestment in Central and State PSUs/Undertakings
- No Contractorisation of work of permanent/perennial nature and payment of wages and benefits to the Contract workers at the same rate as available to the regular workers of the industry/establishment;
- Amendment of Minimum Wages Act to ensure universal coverage irrespective of the schedules and fixation of statutory minimum wage at not less than Rs.10,000/- linked with cost price index;
- Remove all Ceilings on payment and eligibility of Bonus, Provident Fund; Increase the quantum of gratuity;
- Assured Pension for all;
- Compulsory registration of Trade Unions within a period of 45 days and immediate ratification of ILO Core Conventions 87 & 98.For the above demands and for the demands of Defence Civilian Employees (List enclosed) a Joint Committee at all the units may be formed and the demonstrations, strike Ballot and strike notices be served to the Head of the Establishments as per the schedule by each union individually. Programmes may be conducted jointly but strike Ballot, Strike notices are to be conducted and served individually. The reports may be sent to INDWF.
Yours Sincerely,(R.SRINIVASAN)General Secretary.