Articles you may Like
Postal Employees Strike on 06.05.2015 called off on the assurance of Govt for no Privatisation, no reduction and re-look in to GDS issues – Department of Posts to recommend for inclusion of GDS under the purview of 7th Pay Commission
Earlier on 8th April 2015, Postal Employees Unions had given strike notice for General Strike on 06.05.2015 on various demands including following demands
1. No Corporatization and privatization in Postal Services,
2. Inclusion of Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS) in the terms of reference of Seventh Central Pay Commission,
3. Grant of merger of 100% DA with pay with effect from 01.01.2014 for all purposes, including GDS, Grant of 25% pay as Interim Relief (IR) with effect from 01.01.2014 to all employees including GDS,
4. Scrap the New Pension Scheme (NPS) and include all employees recruited on or after 01.01.2004 under the old statutory pension scheme.
Check the following link get more details on General Stike planned by Postal Employees and list of demands
Details of meeting held at Sanchar Bhawan on 05.05.2015 at 1300 hrs with Hon’ble Minister of Communications by Secretary Generals of NFPE & FNPO on behalf of Postal Joint Council of Action.
In continuation of the meeting by PJCA leaders consisting all General Secretaries and Secretary Generals of both Federations ( NFPE &FNPO) held with Chairman Postal Services Board , Member(HRD), Member (O), Member(Tech) & other higher officers of Postal Directorate on 30.04.2015 at 1100 hrs on all the 26 Charter of demands, the PJCA had decided to insist a further meeting with Hon’ Minister of Communications in respect of the following three Major sectional demands pertaining to the Postal fraternity.
1. Corporatisation and Privatisation of Postal Department as recommended by the TASK FORCE committee.
2. Inclusion of Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS) in the terms of reference of 7th Central Pay Commission. Grant of Civil servant status to GDS and grant of all benefits of departmental employees on pro-rata basis without any discrimination.
3. Implementation of Cadre Restructuring in Postal, RMS, MMS and Postal Accounts as per the proposal signed with the JCM (DC) staff side.
The ground was under active preparation for indefinite strike w.e.f .06.05.2015.
Secretary Generals of NFPE & FNPO on behalf of Postal Joint Council of Action were invited for meeting with Hon’Minister of Communications.
On 05.05.2015.at 1300 hrs both Secretary Generals met the Hon’ MoC and submitted a memorandum on GDS issues primarily for inclusion of GDS under the purview of 7th Central Pay Commission. As the Department of Posts assured the PJCA on 30.04.2015 that the proposal will be strongly recommended and referred to D/o Expenditure for reconsideration, the Hon’ MoC was requested to offer his good offices.
Hon’Minister of Communications has assured that the GDS issues would be looked into with an open mind and he would try to his best.
The Cadre Restructuring Proposal file is awaiting for the approval of Hon’ MoC and now even though he had some reservations, he agreed to pass it with positive recommendations. The Cadre Restructuring Proposal will shortly be forwarded to DoPT.
In respect of Task Force Committee recommendations, Hon’ MoC has not given any assurance about future course of action. But he asserted that NO PRIVATISATION at present and there will be no reduction or structural change in the department.
The meeting with Hon’ MoC is hopeful.
Considering the reply given in the minutes by the Postal Directorate and assurance given by Hon’ MoC , the PJCA has decided to defer the proposed INDEFINITE STRIKE from 06.05.2015 .