One Rank One Pension proposal getting closer to its approval – Ex-Airman Association’s report on OROP latest news
OROP LATEST NEWS BY IESM
Further to the information given in the report of rally held on 1 Feb 15. On 1 Feb 15 a delegation of 30 ESM including four veernaris met RM at Kotah house. RM had promised to take action on OROP latest by 17 Feb 15.
IESM has a good news for you. Your dream of OROP has moved a step closer to its approval.
As promised by RM to IESM delegation that he will personally monitor the progress on OROP. True to his promise he has chaired a meeting today of OROP action committee. The meeting was attended by CGDA,DESW, MOD and Army pay cell Maj Gen Aggarwal and Col Pruthi. Col Rathore also attended the meeting. It is confirmed that OROP file has finally reached MOD.
Following decisions have been taken in the meeting today 17 Feb 15.
- OROP will be as per approved definition.
- In most of cases ESM will get fixed at highest of their rank pay band.
- OROP equalization will be done annually.
- Some issues of Major’s pension are under discussion and will be sorted out soon.
RM gave special instructions to Gen Aggarwal to inform Gen Satbir singh about this development. Gen Aggarwal informed IESM asap he came out of the meeting. File is under final scrutiny and preparation and file will be dispatched to MOF on 23 Feb as RM is going to attend Annual Aero Show at Bangaluru from 17 to 22 Feb.
CGDA has already issued circular no 536 giving increase in pension of widows w.e.f. 24 Sep 12. This circular fixes the pension of widow at 60% of the pension of the ESM as given in circular 500. Widows will get this enhanced pension from 24 Sep 2012. They will further get arrears from 1 Jan 2006 as and when the MOD issues such instructions.
Dear Members hold your celebration till budget. We will finally come to know how much funds get allotted for OROP in this years budget and will raise a toast for OROP on that day.
IESM salutes sincerity of RM Sh Manohar Parrikar. He is a man of his words. He had promised action on OROP by 17 Feb and he has executed it.
Check also following links for more information on One Rank One Pension
- We should accept “reasonably good” OROP scheme: Air Chief
- Grant of OROP benefits – Status as on 12th November 2016
- Status Report on implementation of OROP Benefits as on 15.09.2016
- OROP Suicide – Many unanswered Questions
- One Ran One Pension – OROP One-Man Judicial Committee Report submitted to Govt
- Revision of pension under One Rank One Pension – PCDA Circular
- OROP Scheme – Notification issued by the Judicial Committee
- OROP Judicial Committee tenure extended
- One Rank One Pension – Last date for representation on Pension Anomalies extended
- One Rank One Pension – The importance of LTA
- Measures to be Taken if you have not received OROP Arrears so far
- Public Notice for addressing anomalies on One Rank One Pension (OROP)
- One Rank One Pension to be re-fixed every 5 year
- One Rank One Pension – Status Report
- Implementation of One Rank One Pension – PCDA Clarification
- Anomalies in One Rank One Pension – Letter to Defence Minister
- OROP – One Rank One Pension Arrears Calculator – Get to know your OROP Arrears at ease
- Revised Pension under OROP released to two lakh pensioners – Defence Ministry Press Release
- Implementation of OROP – Information to Defence Pensioners
- OROP Anomalies – One member Judicial Committee will submit its report in six months
- OROP Circular No. 555 issued by PCDA – Incompatible with OROP Order of Defence Ministry
- Brief note on OROP for EDP – CGDA
- One Rank One Pension Arrears Table for various Ranks of Defence Pensioners
- One Rank One Pension Anomalies submitted before Judicial Commission
- One Rank One Pension implementation Circular issued by PCDA (Pension) – Circular No.555