Articles you may Like
General Elections 2014 – Schedule released by Election Commission of India
Election Commission of India has releaed the Schedule for conducting General Elections to Lok Sabha and State Legislative Assemblies of Andhra Pradesh, Odisha and Sikkim.
POLL DAYS — GENERAL ELECTIONS, 2014
DATE OF POLL
NUMBER OF STATES & UNION TERRITORIES
NUMBER OF PARLIAMENTARY CONSTITUENCIES
TOTAL PARLIAMENTARY CONSTITUENCIES
TOTAL NUMBER OF POLL DAYS IN STATES AND UNION TERRITORIES
TOTAL NO. OF POLL DAYS
STATES AND UNION TERRITORIES
68. The Commission has decided to forward its recommendations to the President of India, for issuing 10 Notifications calling upon the Parliamentary Constituencies covered on each Poll Day in the States and Union Territories concerned to elect members to the House of the People. With this, the campaign days for the Constituencies for each Poll Day have been kept to the possible minimum.
The Statements appended to the Press Note contain various terms and abbreviations, which are explained below:
- Poll Days signify the number assigned to a particular day on which Polling is to take place, in the NationalSchedule for Lok Sabha elections. The first Poll Day of the nation is 7th April, 2014 (Monday) and the ninth (last) Poll Day is 12thMay, 2014 (Monday).
- Every reference to a Poll Day in the Press Note invariably refers to the Poll Day of the National Schedule.
- Each Poll Day has a corresponding single Schedule except Poll Day 3, which has two Schedules 3A and 3B, necessitated due to local holiday on 22ndMarch, 2014(Saturday) in Bihar State.
- State/UT-wise abstract of number of Parliamentary Constituencies (PCs) voting on different Poll Days and the corresponding Date and Day of the week for all the 543 PCs.
- Abstract of State/UTs voting from a Single Poll Date to a maximum of Six Poll Dates.
- Complete Schedule (with Poll Event-wise dates) for each PC with its Number, Name and Type andcorresponding Schedule Number (1 to 9) for all 35 States/UTs in their alphabetical order.
- Abstract of Poll Days and Corresponding Schedules for 3 State Legislative Assemblies viz. Andhra Pradesh, Odisha and Sikkim.
Statements E, F and G:
- Complete Schedule (with Poll Event-wise dates) for each Assembly Constituency (AC) with its Number, Name and Type and applicable Schedule(s) Number for the States of Andhra Pradesh, Odisha and Sikkim respectively.