DA merger and Retirement Age – Congress led one day dharna at Jantar Mantar to oppose Central Government’s move to lower Retirement Age and for merging dearness allowance with Pay of Central Government Employees
Former Union Minister and Delhi Congress president Ajay Maken, along with party workers, will sit on a day-long dharna on Tuesday at Jantar Mantar seeking merger of Dearness Allowance (DA) with basic pay and also to oppose the move by the BJP-led Central Government to lower the retirement age of Government employees.
Delhi Congress chief spokesperson Sharmistha Mukherjee said thousands of Congress workers, Government employees, teachers, pensioners and others will join Maken in the dharna to press for their demand for merger of DA with basic pay and also to oppose the move to lower the retirement age of Government employees.
She said the intentions of the NDA Government became clear when the BJP-led Haryana Government lowered the retirement age of the State Government employees from 60 to 58 as soon as it came to power, which has sent out an ominous message to the Central Government employees.Maken had previously gone on a dharna to demand the constitution of the 6th CPC, and had also raised the issue in the floor of Lok Sabha. The 6th Pay Commission was later constituted and its recommendations were implemented by the UPA Government. At the Press conference, senior Congress leader Chattar Singh was also present.
Source: The Pioneer
Check the following links for more 7th Pay Commission News
- 7th Pay Commission CGHS recommendations implemented with effect from 1st February 2017
- 7th Pay Commission CGHS Recommendations on monthly subscription, eligibility of wards – Orders issued
- 7th Pay Commission – Pay Revision not to Directly apply to Autonomous bodies
- 7th Pay Commission – Resident doctors at Delhi Govt hospitals threaten mass leave
- 7th Pay Commission – Confederation of CG Employees hold mass dharna
- 7th Pay Commission News – Strange! – Election Commission’s Model Code of Conduct Prevents announcement of Allowances, but not the Budget
- 7th Pay Commission – Wait for the Allowances to be Announced – Till Completion of Polls in five States Assemblies
- 7th Pay Commission – Personally pained as Govt ignored genuine demands of the Employees – NJCA convenor Shiv Gopal Mishra
- 7th Pay Commission – एसबीआई ने रक्षा पेंशनभोगियों के लिए 3323 करोड़ रुपये जारी किए
- 7th Pay Commission: Top 2 developments before Budget 2017 raise hopes for Central government employees
- 7th Pay Commission: Wait for higher allowances gets longer, Central govt to pay bonanza after Budget 2017-18
- 7th Pay Commission – NFIR Reminds PM about Pension scheme, multiplier factor, Salary
- 7th Pay Commission – SBI Releases arrears for Veterans
- 7th Pay Commission – One Day Strike on 15th February 2017 – Notice Issued to the Cabinet Secretary on 29th Dec
- 7th Pay commission minimum pay and multiplication factor – NFIR takes up the issue before PM
- 7th Pay Commission – IDS II to fund Commission & PSB recapitalisation
- 7th Pay Commission Calculator after issue of Gazette Notification for implementation of 7th CPC
- 7th Pay Commission Pension and Arrears Calculator as per 7th CPC implementation Notification
- 7th Pay Commission – सिफारिश की गाज रेलवे कर्मचारियों पर गिरी – रेलवे बोर्ड ने जारी किया ये आदेश
- Non implementation of 7th Pay Commission Allowances – Justification for Strike by Central Government Employees
- 7th Pay Commission – विवादों पर बातचीत अटकी – संघों का 15 फरवरी को हड़ताल का ऐलान.
- 7th Pay Commission – Implementations of MACP for Railway Employees
- 7th Pay Commission for Autonomous Bodies Central Government Employees – Minister’s reply
- 7th Pay Commission – Govt Mulling hike in higher Allowances – May Pay without Arrears
- 7th Pay Commission related expenditure may be met by Income Disclosure II