DA merger and Retirement Age – Congress led one day dharna at Jantar Mantar to oppose Central Government’s move to lower Retirement Age and for merging dearness allowance with Pay of Central Government Employees
Former Union Minister and Delhi Congress president Ajay Maken, along with party workers, will sit on a day-long dharna on Tuesday at Jantar Mantar seeking merger of Dearness Allowance (DA) with basic pay and also to oppose the move by the BJP-led Central Government to lower the retirement age of Government employees.
Delhi Congress chief spokesperson Sharmistha Mukherjee said thousands of Congress workers, Government employees, teachers, pensioners and others will join Maken in the dharna to press for their demand for merger of DA with basic pay and also to oppose the move to lower the retirement age of Government employees.
She said the intentions of the NDA Government became clear when the BJP-led Haryana Government lowered the retirement age of the State Government employees from 60 to 58 as soon as it came to power, which has sent out an ominous message to the Central Government employees.Maken had previously gone on a dharna to demand the constitution of the 6th CPC, and had also raised the issue in the floor of Lok Sabha. The 6th Pay Commission was later constituted and its recommendations were implemented by the UPA Government. At the Press conference, senior Congress leader Chattar Singh was also present.
Source: The Pioneer
Check the following links for more 7th Pay Commission News
- 7th Pay Commission – Retired Government Employees to get More Constant Attendant Allowance (Order Included)
- 7th Pay Commission – Government Firmly Rejects Demand to Reduce Pay Gap
- 7th Pay Commission Bunching – Controller General of Accounts OM
- 7th Pay Commission Minimum Pay, Fitment Factor – Staff Side JCM Meeting with Govt
- 7th Pay Commission Additional Allowances for Running Staff in Railways
- 7th Pay Commission – Non Grant of 3 Percent Pay Leads to Major Anomaly
- 7th Pay Commission – Bad News for Central Government Employees, No minimum Pay Hike
- 7th Pay Commission – Government to Impose Income Tax on Allowances
- 7th Pay Commission Navy Pay Rules – Amendment in Definition of Pay Matrix and Revised Pay Matrix
- 7th Pay Commission Air Force Pay Rules – Amendment in Definition of Pay Matrix and Revised Pay Matrix
- 7th Pay Commission Army Pay Rules – Amendment in Definition of Pay Matrix and Revised Pay Matrix
- 7th Pay Commission – Resentment Brews As Central Government Employees Feel Betrayed
- 7th Pay Commission Allowances approved by Govt – Final Decision on 197 Allowances
- 7th Pay Commission Bunching benefit – Clarification issued by Finance Ministry
- 7th Pay Commission – Ministry Approves Implementation for KVS Employees
- Fixation of pay on promotion from the Date of Next Increment – Railway Board Order
- 7th Pay Commission Transport Allowance Modification Order issued by Finance Ministry – Higher Transport Allowances at lower levels
- 7th Pay Commission – Implementation of HRA as per 7th CPC May Impact Inflation – RBI
- 7th Pay Commission Revision of Additional Relief on Death or disability for NPS covered Employees
- 7th Pay Commission – Pay Fixation on Promotion, Date of Next Increment Option – with Illustration
- 7th Pay Commission Allowances – Abolition of Sumptuary Allowance
- 7th pay commission – भत्तों को लेकर जेटली ने बोला ये झूठ!
- 7th Pay Commission Pay Fixation – Availability of option for fixation of pay on promotion
- 7th Pay Commission – Defence Forces Officers in Peace Stations to get Ration in Cash
- 7th Pay Commission Extra Duty Allowance – Orders issued by Finance Ministry