DA merger and Retirement Age – Congress led one day dharna at Jantar Mantar to oppose Central Government’s move to lower Retirement Age and for merging dearness allowance with Pay of Central Government Employees
Former Union Minister and Delhi Congress president Ajay Maken, along with party workers, will sit on a day-long dharna on Tuesday at Jantar Mantar seeking merger of Dearness Allowance (DA) with basic pay and also to oppose the move by the BJP-led Central Government to lower the retirement age of Government employees.
Delhi Congress chief spokesperson Sharmistha Mukherjee said thousands of Congress workers, Government employees, teachers, pensioners and others will join Maken in the dharna to press for their demand for merger of DA with basic pay and also to oppose the move to lower the retirement age of Government employees.
She said the intentions of the NDA Government became clear when the BJP-led Haryana Government lowered the retirement age of the State Government employees from 60 to 58 as soon as it came to power, which has sent out an ominous message to the Central Government employees.Maken had previously gone on a dharna to demand the constitution of the 6th CPC, and had also raised the issue in the floor of Lok Sabha. The 6th Pay Commission was later constituted and its recommendations were implemented by the UPA Government. At the Press conference, senior Congress leader Chattar Singh was also present.
Source: The Pioneer
Check the following links for more 7th Pay Commission News
- 7th Pay Commission implementation for Fire Fighting Staff
- 7th Pay Commission – Central Govt Employees Demand change of Definition of Anomaly
- 7th Pay Commission – Employees Regret Acceptance of MACP by the Govt
- 7th Pay Commission – Is the Revised HRA Enough?
- Fixation of pay for Assistant Secretaries as per 7th CPC recommendations
- 7th Pay Commission – Frustrated Employees Demand Mechanism used in Nandas tenure
- 7th Pay Commission – Enhanced Incentives Proposed for CG Employees Acquiring Higher Qualification
- 7th Pay Commission recommendations for Electronic Data Processing Staff
- 7th Pay Commission – The Painful Anxiety Still Continues for Autonomous bodies and Boards
- 7th Pay Commission – JCM Meeting on October 24 & 25 – Most Crucial
- 7th Pay Commission – Govt Cornering Employees Deserved Money by Delaying Implementation
- 7th Pay Commission – Central Government Employees Fed up – As Govt Crawls on Allowances, Wage Revision Issues
- 7th Pay Commission – Discussing Armed Forces Anomalies with PM – Parrikar
- 7th Pay commission Pension Option – Brief of meeting held
- 7th Pay Commission Advances – Details of Advances retained and abolished
- 7th Pay Commission Impact – PNB Makes Home, Auto Loans Attractive for Govt Employees
- 7th Pay Commission – Discussions on Allowances to be held on 13th October
- 7th Pay Commission – Festival & several other advances to CG Employees AXED
- 7th Pay Commission implementation – Checking of pay fixation statement
- 7th Pay Commission – Finance Ministry to Vet Revised Pay of Govt Staff – Recover Excess
- 7th Pay Commission – Clarification sought regarding Option and Pay Fixation in 7th CPC
- 7th Pay Commission – Minimum Wage and Fitment Formula – Karnataka coc Calls it Farce
- 7th Pay Commission implementation on MACP – NFIR opposes
- 7th Pay Commission Minimum Wage and Fitment Factor – Confederation Charter of Demands
- 7th Pay Commission Pension – Implementation of first option – Meeting fixed on 06.10.2016