DA merger and Retirement Age – Congress led one day dharna at Jantar Mantar to oppose Central Government’s move to lower Retirement Age and for merging dearness allowance with Pay of Central Government Employees
Former Union Minister and Delhi Congress president Ajay Maken, along with party workers, will sit on a day-long dharna on Tuesday at Jantar Mantar seeking merger of Dearness Allowance (DA) with basic pay and also to oppose the move by the BJP-led Central Government to lower the retirement age of Government employees.
Delhi Congress chief spokesperson Sharmistha Mukherjee said thousands of Congress workers, Government employees, teachers, pensioners and others will join Maken in the dharna to press for their demand for merger of DA with basic pay and also to oppose the move to lower the retirement age of Government employees.
She said the intentions of the NDA Government became clear when the BJP-led Haryana Government lowered the retirement age of the State Government employees from 60 to 58 as soon as it came to power, which has sent out an ominous message to the Central Government employees.Maken had previously gone on a dharna to demand the constitution of the 6th CPC, and had also raised the issue in the floor of Lok Sabha. The 6th Pay Commission was later constituted and its recommendations were implemented by the UPA Government. At the Press conference, senior Congress leader Chattar Singh was also present.
Source: The Pioneer
Check the following links for more 7th Pay Commission News
- 7th Pay Commission – Allowances delay because of ‘Bureaucratic, Political Intervention Required’ – Shiv Gopal Mishra
- 7th Pay Commission – NJCA may call for Strike if Committee on Allowances further delays Report
- 7th Pay Commission – HRD Ministry forms Panel to review UGC Recommendations
- 7th Pay Commission – Allowances Report likely this Week but Clarity on HRA Remains elusive
- 7th Pay Commission – Committee on HRA, other Allowances to Submit its final Report this Week
- Delay in 7th Pay Commission allowances – Mass Dharna in front of FM Office
- 7th Pay Commission – Irked with delay on Pay Hike, Nurses Federation of India call for a Nationwide Strike on May 23
- 7th Pay Commission Disability Pension – Govt in the process of resolving anomalies
- 7th Pay Commission – After higher Allowances and Pensions, NJCA to negotiate Minimum Salary of Central Govt Employees
- 7th Pay Commission – आयोग के मकान किराये एवं अन्य भत्तों पर बनी कमिटी की बैठकों का सिलसिला थमा अब क्या होगा इसके आगे ?
- 7th Pay Commission Allowances – Monetary Policy Report
- 7th Pay Commission – RBI Worried about Price Rise as Employees wait for HRA
- 7th Pay Commission Allowances Committee Final Meeting Concluded – Report to be submitted within a week
- 7th Pay Commission – HRA Decision Likely Today As Allowance Committee Meets
- Minimum pay for Calculation of pay of casual labourers
- 7th Pay Commission Pay fixation anomaly – Definition
- 7th Pay Commission – अलाउंस समिति की अगली बैठक कल, किसी निर्णय पर पहुंचने की उम्मीद (English Version Included)
- 7th Pay Commission Allowances Committee Meeting to be held on 6th April 2017
- 7th Pay Commission – Pension Committee Submits Report to NJCA
- 7th Pay Commission – After Pension, Focus Now On Allowance Report, Says Union Official
- 7th Pay Commission – Fixation of pay in case of employees who seek transfer to a lower post under FR 15(a)
- 7th Pay Commission – NJCA Chief demands Arrears on Higher Allowances from January 2016 till date of Implementation
- 7th Pay Commission allowances delay on account of MCD Elections – Cabinet Secretary apprehension
- 7th Pay Commission – 7th CPC Retains Rate of Annual Increment at 3%
- 7th Pay Commission anomaly and Allowances Committee are in the process of finalising report