Civil Services Exam 2011- Analysis of Results
Following are the important highlights of the Civil Services Examination, 2011, for which final result has been declared recently.
- The Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination, 2011 was conducted on 12th June, 2011. A record number of 4,72,290 candidates applied for this examination, out of which 2,43,003 candidates have actually appeared.
- 11984 candidates were declared qualified for the Main written examination held in October-November, 2011 out of which 2417 candidates were selected for the Personality Test conducted in March-April, 2012. Finally, 910 candidates (715 male & 195 female) have been recommended for appointment to the IAS, IFS, IPS and other Central Services against 1001 reported vacancies. Vacancies unfilled presently are on account of 91 reserved community candidates qualifying on general standards. Depending on the options exercised by them finally, these vacancies will be filled by candidates recommended for the Reserve List that is maintained by the Commission.
- The First two positions have been taken by female candidates. The top 25 candidates include 19 male (including 01 visually challenged candidate) and 06 female candidates. In the top 100 candidates, there are 21 female candidates.
- Ms. Shena Aggarwal (Roll No. 233541) has topped the Examination. She has done MBBS from All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Delhi. This is her 3rd attempt.
- The 2nd ranker is Ms. Rukmani Riar (Roll No. 27895). She has done Master of Arts (Social Entrepreneurship) from Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai. The is her 1st attempt.
- The 3rd position is bagged by Shri Prince Dhawan (Roll No. 1804). He has done M. Tech (Elect. Engg.) from IIT, Delhi. This is his 1st attempt.
- The result also showcases the pan-Indian distribution of successful candidates of this Examination. Amongst the top 25 candidates, there are candidates claiming domicile from as many as 16 States, i.e., Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Bihar, Chattisgarh, Delhi, Haryana, Jammu & Kashmir, Jharkhand, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Punjab, Rajasthan, Tamilnadu, Uttarakhand & Uttar Pradesh.
- The top 25 candidates include alumni from some of the premier educational institutions of the country including AIIMS, IIM and IITs. An alumnus of London School of Economics also figures in the top 25.
- The family background of top 25 candidates show diverse representation from all walks of the life which include farmer, teacher, businessman, army personnel, low and middle level govt. servants, doctors, advocate, professor & civil servants.
- Amongst top 25 candidates, 6 have made to the merit lift in their 1st attempt; 07 in 2nd attempt; 09 in 3rd attempt; and 01 each in 4th, 5th & 6th attempts. As many as 12 have already been recommended to services other than IAS on the basis of Civil Services Examinations of previous years.
- Of the top 25 candidates – 13 appeared from Delhi; 3 from Jaipur, 2 each from Mumbai & Chandigarh; and 1 each from Hyderabad, Chennai, Dispur, Patna & Jammu Centres.
Source: Press Information Bureau